View Single Post
Old 01.18.2020, 07:25 PM   #24406
Antagon
invito al cielo

Antagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by choc e-Claire
I haven't seen 4, but from all accounts it's excellent.

Indeed it is. However, just to adjust your expectations a bit: 4 is less of an ensemble movie than the others were. I mean, the ensemble is of course still there, but number 4 really zeros in on the journey of a certain character. Thought that was a great choice. And thematically it was probably the most nuanced of the bunch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by choc e-Claire
The Secret Life of Pets is apparently pure fluff - awesome if you're under eight years old, and tolerable if you're not.

Oh, then I actually have watched one of the Illumination movies. Wasn't my choice. A good friend if mine wanted to watch it. She was somewhat disappointed. My expectations were pretty much met (they weren't high). Pure fluff describes it quite well. I thought the way New York was depicted visually was pretty cool, but thematically and tonally it was all over the place. Don't remember much of the plot really, except for that bunny giving the whole thing a complete tonal whiplash whenever he appeared. Like, he wasn't necessary to the plot at all and every time his shenanigans were on display, it was a complete detour from what I remember.

Antagon is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|