Thread: Avril Lavigne
View Single Post
Old 05.14.2006, 03:20 PM   #54
Washing Machine
expwy. to yr skull

Washing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's asses
Actually I love Avril's music! She gets a lot of criticism but its usually from people trying to judge her music on an elevated level. She is not and has never claimed to be ground-breaking or influencial. Her music is simple good old pop song craft. A craft that she happens to be extremely well versed in (I know the co-writing credits). The first time I heard "Skater boi" and "Complicated" they sent shivers down my spine! That for me is the superior judge of good music, something that goes beyond whats cool and beyond the interlectualization of music. Thats why im on this forum because when i first heard "teenage riot" it did the same to me!
Washing Machine is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|