View Single Post
Old 01.20.2019, 11:23 AM   #23385
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

Dr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
Re the original, I suppose its place in film history makes it inevitable that it's gonna be overhyped to some degree. But then the same could be said of stuff like Battleship Potemkin, Birth of a Nation and Citizen Kane. With the exception of Kane I'd call them significant rather than films I'd want to watch just for the hell of it.

I dont find Breathless overhyped whatsoever. I guess if you're watching movies for plot, then yeah. But that's never been what Godard is about. Whenever I watch movies the first thing I think of is the emotions I feel while watching them, then the colors (or lack thereof) and sound design. They all have different energies, it's why I dislike the mcu. Theyre like soulless pits. Like if Ted Cruz were a film.

Breathless is youth. Its quick, its quirky, its punk rock. Breathless is lustful love all while constantly winking at the camera like a wispy wind.

Never bothered with battleship or birth of a nation. Birth seems especially boring, and doesnt it frame the kkk in a positive light? Like long as fuck also. I dont do well w silent films unless it's comedy or horror.

Really need to rewatch Kane. I remember hating it as a kid. I didn't like La Dolce Vita when I first saw it at a young age either. Hmmmmmm....
Dr. Eugene Felikson is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|