View Single Post
Old 01.20.2019, 11:47 AM   #23388
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Eugene Felikson
I'll have to rewatch everything. I know I couldn't stand the third one, and stopped halfway through, but both the first two Dark Knight movies were ace. I prefer the Scarecrow and watching Bruce become the bat. Fuck man lol.

That’s stupid. The third movie is certainly the worst, but Tom Hardy’s Bane is the second best villain, easily. Re-watch and peep the body language. That’s the best comic-to-screen *improvement* ever. Because Bane was that sucky in the comics and was that awesome in the movie. And genuinely threatening.

I’ll give you that watching Bruce become Batman is better than watching Batman be Batman in most cases, but The Dark Knight as a whole just pulverizes its predecessor. It’s like, “Oh, you liked that 8.5/10 movie? Ok, cool cool. Hope you’re not disappointed by this 100,00/10 slice of perfection sequel that makes you jizz your pants through your BRAIN.”

Quote:
Also hot take: ledger's joker is overrated due to his death. Willem defoe's Green Goblin is leagues beyond what he pulled off and homeboy had a metal mask on half the time. That mirror scene though or when he first becomes the goblin and busts out like hulk Hogan on poppers
[/quote]

OHHHHOHOHOOOOOOHHHNO NO NO NO

How long has it been since you watched Spider-Man? Those are some of the shittest movies to ever make fucktons of money, and Dafoe — despite being a capable actor — for some reason CHOSE to be a melodramatic cartoonish fuck-bro in those stupid goddamn piles of shit.

In the hierarchy of superhero films, Spider-Man 1, 2 and 3 are leagues below latter-day *X-Men movies* (that means they’re so bad that really bad movies look good in comparison).
The Dark Knight is a great film irrespective of genre, and Ledger’s performance is Daniel Day Lewis-level or beyond.

You’re a madman or a troll or both.

Or you just haven’t watched any of these films more than once.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|