View Single Post
Old 01.14.2010, 04:48 PM   #9
hirsute_biped
the end of the ugly

hirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by floatfree
By the way, I noticed that Thurston had an old tape recorder propped up on top of a Fender amp (you can see it in the 2nd photo of mine above). What does he use this for? Did he circuit-bend it and runs the signal path through it?

i swear I heard bits of what I beleive is known as the "scream tape" during one of the noise jams at the wiltern show. I think I remember thurston fiddling with the tape machine around thAt time. I could be wrong, but that would be pretty awesome if it was the scream tape. Anyone know when they used it last? I didn't know they used contact mics, that's pretty awesome. The wiltern show was my wife's first sonic youth show, she really liked it, especially Kim's stuff and the older songs. I can't remermber exactly how many sonic shows I've seen, maybe 10 or 12? Wish I could remember them all better...

I saw the daydream gig at the Greek theatre in La, and listened to a fair amount of daydream-era shows online, and i'm pretty sure they just play the standard recording of Providence over the pa, or possibly through thurston's amp. I don't think there is any live manipulation of the different tape elements of the track. I was looking for what they would do for this at the gig, and if I remember correctly they just kind of took a break while it played. I guess we'll see for sure if/when they put out the live daydream DVD that was promised
hirsute_biped is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|