View Single Post
Old 04.19.2020, 01:56 AM   #24499
GeneticKiss
expwy. to yr skull

GeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's asses
Used to love this thread back in the day (I have some postings SEVERAL pages back and I am NOT digging them back up)...

The last 4 movies I watched, all via Netflix (most were exclusive/original)

WHAT HAPPENED TO MONDAY

Not particularly great but not horrible either. Dystopian settings are nothing new and for the most part this is no exception. Satisfying enough action-wise. Admittedly I mainly watched it for William Dafoe, but he's barely in it. Not recommended if seeing things happen to children upsets you.

7/10

UNDER THE SKIN

Would be the one most of interest to people on here of this whole batch. Slow, sparse dialogue, but some really amazing cinematography. Most impressive is somehow they got ScarJo herself to play the lead role?! Some have called her miscast and her performance wooden, but I think it worked for the role (she plays an alien). More art than movie. Enjoyed but probably won't rewatch (rare for me these days anyway).

8/10

6 UNDERGROUND

It's Michael Bay, so I knew what I was getting into. OK-ish acting, horrid dialogue and the main character comes off as a prick. Plus, it tries to come off as caring about the plight of people in the third world (mainly the Middle East) but ends up looking sanctimonious. Definitely a "turn off your brain and enjoy yourself" kind of movie.

6 ()/10

THE IRISHMAN

A masterpiece, but...3 1/2 HOURS??!! I can think of ways he could have shortened it, and I usually can't for long movies (case in point, Interstellar). Great cast, with appearances from guys known for crime films/television both older (Harvey Keitel) and younger (Bobby Cannavale). Heard the Five Satins' "In the Still of the Night" in my brain for days after. Robbed at the Oscars.

9/10