View Single Post
Old 07.03.2023, 07:17 AM   #948
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Soup Nazi
Brazil’s Jair Bolsonaro barred from running for office for 8 years

See, that's how it's done. Guy who tried to kill democracy can't participate in democracy. Pretty simple. Nothing unthinkable about it. This is what should've happened in the U.S. of A. (the greatest country in the WORLD, you know) in early 2021. Too bad it's the U.S. of A. (the greatest country in the WORLD, you follow).
i don't know about this.

i mean about the mode of operation of other countries applied to the american republic.

maybe it's applicable, maybe it's inapplicable, but i don't know about the brazilian justice system.

i know brazil has a long history of military dictatorships and rewriting constitutions, most recently in 1988. here the constitution and form of government have survived with some amendments for almost 250 years in spite of a bloody civil war. they're not the same systems, and they have their own historical reasons.

and i get that they've had pleasant results in brazil now, but i don't know how they run their shit or, again, if their system is applicable here. nothing to do with "the greatest" strawman arguments. just different political realities.

i'm glad for brazil though. just not sure "how it's done" there. results are one thing, process is another thing altogether.

so "that's what is done" okay sure, bar the tyrant. the how is untranslatable to the united states where we don't have this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superior_Electoral_Court
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|