Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Ha anyone here ever lived in a squat?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05.19.2008, 01:07 PM   #41
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666

The police raid on the St Agnes Squat in Kennington in around 2002 and it's resulting closure marked a real sea-change of attitude by the authorities.

hey! it's savage clone!
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.19.2008, 01:17 PM   #42
jon boy
invito al cielo

jon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666

The police raid on the St Agnes Squat in Kennington in around 2002 and it's resulting closure marked a real sea-change of attitude by the authorities.

the raid on the headingley lane squat in leeds was put down in a rather heavy handed way. i for one did not look the same way at the police ever again. they all took there numbers off so you had no way of knowing who they were which was nice when they started hitting people, they had there faces covered (as above), they had lots of dogs, they had cs gas which they used at their leisure (no tazing bro), they made everyone walk out of the building one at a time through a gauntlet of police all looking like they wanted to rip your ears off, they took everyones name address etc.

|@ <------- Euphoric brain cell just moments before expiration
V

_ \ / _
PING <-------- moments later
/ \

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljhxq...isruo1_500.gif

jon boy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.19.2008, 01:19 PM   #43
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses

Old 05.19.2008, 01:21 PM   #44
EMMAh
invito al cielo

EMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's asses
That last woman has the grossest legs ever

EMMAh is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.19.2008, 01:23 PM   #45
EMMAh
invito al cielo

EMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by jon boy
the raid on the headingley lane squat in leeds was put down in a rather heavy handed way. i for one did not look the same way at the police ever again. they all took there numbers off so you had no way of knowing who they were which was nice when they started hitting people, they had there faces covered (as above), they had lots of dogs, they had cs gas which they used at their leisure (no tazing bro), they made everyone walk out of the building one at a time through a gauntlet of police all looking like they wanted to rip your ears off, they took everyones name address etc.

Bastards.

Old 05.19.2008, 01:26 PM   #46
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by EMMAh

that's how they draw them in the superhero comics! ha!
Old 05.19.2008, 01:26 PM   #47
sarramkrop

Quote:
Originally Posted by jon boy
Bastards indeed.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.19.2008, 01:30 PM   #48
Cantankerous
invito al cielo

Cantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator

that is SICK.
Cantankerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.19.2008, 01:34 PM   #49
✌➬
invito al cielo

✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
hey! it's savage clone!

Damn fool, you stole my line.
✌➬ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.19.2008, 07:19 PM   #50
pokkeherrie
invito al cielo

pokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
I have heard that somewhere in Europe (I forget where, because that's what I do) you can squat in a place as long as you have a chair, a bed and a table in there. Obviously the people who own the building you're living in can't care either, and the building had to be unoccupied for a year.
I've heard in Canada that a building must me unoccupied for five years, but I don't know if this is true.

I have never squatted, but I would do it, for sure. I wouldn't really care how dirty I was.

That's in the Netherlands. You also need to be able to open and close it with a lock. The only thing illegal is the breaking-in part; meaning you'll have to do that without getting seen.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Squatting#Netherlands

It's usually very difficult to have a squatted house evicted, because the squatters have legal protection meaning the owners pretty much always have to go to court to fight long legal procedures in order to get them out. That's why often when a building becomes unoccupied, the owners will have people living in there for a very low rent to prevent it from being squatted (=anti-squatting).

I don't think I would want to live in one myself (I agree with T&B about it seeming too much of a lifestyle), but I've been to a few that looked pretty great.
pokkeherrie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.19.2008, 09:41 PM   #51
EMMAh
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokkeherrie
That's in the Netherlands. You also need to be able to open and close it with a lock. The only thing illegal is the breaking-in part; meaning you'll have to do that without getting seen.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Squatting#Netherlands

It's usually very difficult to have a squatted house evicted, because the squatters have legal protection meaning the owners pretty much always have to go to court to fight long legal procedures in order to get them out. That's why often when a building becomes unoccupied, the owners will have people living in there for a very low rent to prevent it from being squatted (=anti-squatting).

I don't think I would want to live in one myself (I agree with T&B about it seeming too much of a lifestyle), but I've been to a few that looked pretty great.

That makes sense, because I listen to Radio Netherlands.

Old 05.19.2008, 10:00 PM   #52
Cantankerous
invito al cielo

Cantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's asses
i think it would be fun for like a month but i don't like to share. and toilet boy is right, it is too much of a lifestyle...it's a cliche.
Cantankerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.19.2008, 11:54 PM   #53
golden child
expwy. to yr skull

golden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's asses
no i havent, but i have a feeling i will sometime in my life, rent is a waste of money.
Old 05.19.2008, 11:55 PM   #54
Ciccone Warhol Monroe
little trouble girl

Ciccone Warhol Monroe kicks all y'all's assesCiccone Warhol Monroe kicks all y'all's assesCiccone Warhol Monroe kicks all y'all's assesCiccone Warhol Monroe kicks all y'all's assesCiccone Warhol Monroe kicks all y'all's assesCiccone Warhol Monroe kicks all y'all's assesCiccone Warhol Monroe kicks all y'all's assesCiccone Warhol Monroe kicks all y'all's assesCiccone Warhol Monroe kicks all y'all's assesCiccone Warhol Monroe kicks all y'all's assesCiccone Warhol Monroe kicks all y'all's asses
no, i am a classy it person.
Ciccone Warhol Monroe is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.20.2008, 12:21 AM   #55
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

i think they are a bit freaky, but fundamentally, i'm not opposed
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth