Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Blade Runner - The Final Cut?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10.23.2008, 09:17 PM   #41
pbradley
invito al cielo

pbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's asses
The Deckard Replicant ambiguity makes Blade Runner better.
pbradley is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.23.2008, 10:07 PM   #42
EyeballGrowth
the end of the ugly

EyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by al shabbray
cant agree with you more about blade runner. I often put my old vhs copy on while doing something else, cause I already can synchronize everybody in that film it doesnt matter if I miss something out of it. like listening to music while washing the dishes or something. (even the soundtrack is fucking great)

I find sometimes having a familiar movie on in my room while i'm going to sleep really helps put me to sleep. When you've seen a movie so many times because it's great, it becomes very boring ( in a good way ) and it kind of helps you get to sleep. I'll watch a little of it but then I just go to sleep with it on in the background and it really helps. Only problem with that is sometimes the repetative noise of the dvd menu wakes you up in the middle of the night. I used to have a bad habit of falling asleep while watching movies
EyeballGrowth is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.23.2008, 11:30 PM   #43
Green Magnesium
100%

Green Magnesium kicks all y'all's assesGreen Magnesium kicks all y'all's assesGreen Magnesium kicks all y'all's assesGreen Magnesium kicks all y'all's assesGreen Magnesium kicks all y'all's assesGreen Magnesium kicks all y'all's assesGreen Magnesium kicks all y'all's assesGreen Magnesium kicks all y'all's assesGreen Magnesium kicks all y'all's assesGreen Magnesium kicks all y'all's assesGreen Magnesium kicks all y'all's asses
Eyeballgrowth, the unicorn footage was NOT left over from Legend, but shot during the post-production of Blade Runner. Scott and others say so in a newly shot documentary. Unless you want to believe in some conspiracy that they are lying to us to sell the Director's Cut or something.

I find it hard to take anything you say seriously, as you seem to be making things up based on what you assume to be the truth.
Green Magnesium is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.24.2008, 12:39 AM   #44
Lamont Cranston
100%

Lamont Cranston kicks all y'all's assesLamont Cranston kicks all y'all's assesLamont Cranston kicks all y'all's assesLamont Cranston kicks all y'all's assesLamont Cranston kicks all y'all's assesLamont Cranston kicks all y'all's assesLamont Cranston kicks all y'all's assesLamont Cranston kicks all y'all's assesLamont Cranston kicks all y'all's assesLamont Cranston kicks all y'all's assesLamont Cranston kicks all y'all's asses
There should be no ambiguity about Deckard - if he is a Replicant then there is no salvation for Roy.
Old 10.24.2008, 12:47 AM   #45
pbradley
invito al cielo

pbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's asses
I don't thing Roy needs any salvation.
Old 10.24.2008, 04:54 AM   #46
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kallisti23chaos
blade runner was overrated i thought

Yeah, but so is every film...

Except Pinnochio 964, the real greatest film of all time.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.24.2008, 06:32 PM   #47
EyeballGrowth
the end of the ugly

EyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Magnesium
Eyeballgrowth, the unicorn footage was NOT left over from Legend, but shot during the post-production of Blade Runner. Scott and others say so in a newly shot documentary. Unless you want to believe in some conspiracy that they are lying to us to sell the Director's Cut or something.

I find it hard to take anything you say seriously, as you seem to be making things up based on what you assume to be the truth.

The unicorn footage was shot for the movie legend. It's painstakingly obvious. The forest in the scene is from the legend set.

http://www.chicagoreader.com/feature...s/2007/071101/

apparently someone on that page agrees with me also. I found a page that proves it a long time ago but I don't even need to reference it because it is completely obvious that it is from legend. I don't care, in fact I think it's a cool addition, but it is stock from Legend.
Old 10.24.2008, 07:35 PM   #48
pbradley
invito al cielo

My only qualm with the movie is that Deckard dreams of a unicorn instead of sheep. A sheep dream and origami would have been a great reference to the Dick novel's title question.
Old 10.24.2008, 08:09 PM   #49
al shabbray

thats right, but I doesnt stand the unicorn for its uniqueness in its own race?
like the only unicorn in the race of horses, like deckard (maybe) the only replicant in the race of humans?
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.25.2008, 05:15 AM   #50
Lamont Cranston
100%

Lamont Cranston kicks all y'all's assesLamont Cranston kicks all y'all's assesLamont Cranston kicks all y'all's assesLamont Cranston kicks all y'all's assesLamont Cranston kicks all y'all's assesLamont Cranston kicks all y'all's assesLamont Cranston kicks all y'all's assesLamont Cranston kicks all y'all's assesLamont Cranston kicks all y'all's assesLamont Cranston kicks all y'all's assesLamont Cranston kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbradley
I don't thing Roy needs any salvation.
He wanted to be free. He wanted more life.
The people he killed were responsible to one degree or another for his enslavement.
Old 10.25.2008, 05:50 AM   #51
pbradley
invito al cielo

If you mean salvation as in deliverance from death, Roy is not delivered from his actual death but in a sense does find salvation in the in the truth that he has lived more and seen more than any human. He dies in peace.

If you mean salvation as in deliverance from sin, his killing was just, as you say, because they were responsible in some degree to his slavery.

I don't see how Deckard's humanity is at all relevant to Roy's salvation. Either way, Deckard is imparted with the message that life is precious and fleeting regardless of how long. This is why Gaff's comment "It's too bad she won't live; but then again, who does?" is so profound. If the ambiguity of Deckard's humanity is resolved, then the analogy between humans and replicants just becomes a conceptual footnote. Deckard's humanity should remain ambiguous in order to raise the question of what is the real difference?
Old 10.27.2008, 04:18 PM   #52
al shabbray

i am almost through the whole 5 isc box ecept the second disc with all the old versions.
and I think I will buy it (borrowed it from the videotheque).
i love all the makng of and dangerous days shit. its a movie where it really interests me, plus the commentaries on all versions, holy shit, and I even like the damn metal box.
think I will purchase early november when some money rolls in.
btw the refurbishing of the old material is a good example of what is possible, holy shit I wish a cinema here would screen the final cut too.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.10.2008, 10:28 AM   #53
EyeballGrowth
the end of the ugly

Borrowed the final cut last night from my friend. The added stuff is pretty bad. Especially right after Roy kills Tyrell and walks towards Sebastian who is running away, they added him saying " I'm sorry Sebastian, come here, come here ". So bad. The added scenes bonus feature was great too. I really love the extra scene with the Cheif talking to Edward James Olmos in the briefing room. Why'd they cut that?

Also I watched the incredibly long documentary and Ridley Scott does confirm the Unicorn footage is from Legend.
Old 11.10.2008, 12:09 PM   #54
al shabbray

its a nice bunch to get through a looong rainy sunday...
Ive seen everythin now of this box, and still want more, it was pretty interesting
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth