Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page The Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old Yesterday, 10:08 AM   #1281
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by choc e-Claire
What a shock. Who could have possibly foreseen this.

it was a shock to me because i expected a lot better. biden can read a teleprompter and sound cogent, but last night under the lights he looked like a mummy who could not reply to trump's utter lunacies in a clear and cogent manner. in the previous election he did, but the last 4 years have taken their heavy toll

really it doesn't matter who was right or "i told you so" though. because this is a real world emergency and it is happening and it' pointless to hand out awards and medals. it will affect you too if the beast is back, and you will experience many meltdowns even from your antipodean hideaway. there is no place to hide from 'merica, really... australia is a us ally (aukus hi)

sure biden's term has hardly been perfect, but if experience has showed me anything is that things can always get worse. and i'll always choose imperfection over catastrophe

i know you're young and still believe that utopias are possible if we just wish for them, but people are assholes and real life is an unforgiving fucking bastard. so i've been overall happy with biden's administration

and now i don't know what's going to happen

but trust me, if disaster comes it will come for you too. so don't be snarky and get ready, because it's coming "bigly" (ugh...). this is the big meteorite

anyway my mind has now adjusted from the shock from last night but i'm taking the day off for the body to recover (because stress is chemical and has bodily consequences)

jeezus fucking christ. it's like that peter weir movie with the wave, whatsisname. the last wave! jeeezus fucking christ. fascism is coming, and it will touch EVERYONE. no use in crying, we just have to get ready
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old Yesterday, 12:06 PM   #1282
_tunic_
invito al cielo

_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses
warrig

that was the word they used over here to describe Biden
a bit like the Suicidal Tendencies song

Democrats are 50-0 down even before it's began
Right is taking over unfortunately, also in EurHope

In Holland, the upcoming new minister for migration has in the past been promoting the great replacement theory
The Dutch term is even better or worse however you want to say it: Omvolking. Sounds very Nazi German

_tunic_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old Yesterday, 06:38 PM   #1283
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

The Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by choc e-Claire
What a shock. Who could have possibly foreseen this.

He was great at his rally today.

Maybe there is something to the QAnon actor/clone/robot retarded conspiracy theory. That's the guy/machine who showed up last night.

GADJI BERI BIMBA GLANDRIDI LAULI LONNI CADORI GADJAM A BIM BERI GLASSALA GLANDRIDI E GLASSALA TUFFM I ZIMBRA

The Soup Nazi is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old Today, 04:11 AM   #1284
Antagon
invito al cielo

Antagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Soup Nazi
He was great at his rally today.

Maybe there is something to the QAnon actor/clone/robot retarded conspiracy theory. That's the guy/machine who showed up last night.

Dude was dealing with a cold in his 80s. Certain meds can reduce your reaction time and your overall cognitive abilities. And that also comes in waves. He probably was feeling better during the rally.

We can't expect public personas to always perform well under any and all circumstances - that's expecting a machine/robot. Add to that that Biden has never been the most riveting orator. He occasionally does well in debates and has his moments, but an Obama or a Bernie he's not.

I'm perturbed by the media hubbub about it too (Hey, it's only democracy on the line here, no biggie). But no one is immune to giving a bad performance. I'm obviously worried, but the immediate jump to conclusions hyped up the medias is mighty crazy.

Not that I'm a huge fan of Biden's - but he's the better option and by the looks of things, the only option right now. He's had a bad performance, no need to blow it out of proportion right now. Because that tendency too may be detrimental.

Antagon is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old Today, 07:05 AM   #1285
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antagon
... But no one is immune to giving a bad performance. I'm obviously worried, but the immediate jump to conclusions hyped up the medias is mighty crazy.

Not that I'm a huge fan of Biden's - but he's the better option and by the looks of things, the only option right now. He's had a bad performance, no need to blow it out of proportion right now. Because that tendency too may be detrimental.
i'm actually a fan of his administration, but this was not mere bad performance or stutter. he looked to be coming out of some great depths of confusion, and could not provide clear answers to covfefe's horrid lies. flu or not flu, a candidate should be able to answer

i don't need the media to tell me about my own physical reaction to something happening in plain sight--sure it's mediated by a camera and microphones and colored and shaped by lights and acoustics, but a helpless old man is a helpless old man, and i ended up screaming at the tv for him to do something, like in a boxing match when a fighter is getting clobbered and cannot even raise his guard anymore, or a lion tamer is getting mauled by the lion

it was extremely hard to watch and i just couldn't stomach the entirety of it. i mean i endured what, an hour of torture, not sure, i could not take it anymore. this wasn't a mere bad performance, it was a very old man looking lost with his mouth open and a confused stare. he doesn't have four more years in him i'm afraid. this was practically elder abuse and i saw it happen live

oh i remember this scene... https://youtu.be/b5qwTeCj4jc

the democrats have my support no matter who they run, i'll vote blue no matter who as they say, but i can't expect the rest of the country to do the same, much less the undecideds.

we need someone to protect us from the lying bastard and uncle joe is no longer up to the task. this was evident enough. we can spin it and talk about it, but the big meteorite is coming and we need someone who can stop it, and the old man is looking at the sky wondering what is that orange flame approaching

someone please help. this can't go on like this
Old Today, 10:27 AM   #1286
Antagon
invito al cielo

Antagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
we need someone to protect us from the lying bastard and uncle joe is no longer up to the task. this was evident enough. we can spin it and talk about it, but the big meteorite is coming and we need someone who can stop it, and the old man is looking at the sky wondering what is that orange flame approaching

someone please help. this can't go on like this

While I do think there would be a couple of candidates up to that task (like I said, not a huge Bidenite), I'm not sure they'd rally the voters on such short notice. It would take a candidate so undeniably popular that mere months of campaigning and a complete overhaul of the entire strategy that late in the game don't seem such a herculean task.

I know Michelle Obama is massively popular, but there haven't been any attempts or even whispers of intentions to run. I love me some Bernie, but I'm aware that at this point, this is pretty much a pipe dream. He'd have a shit ton of rallies and his own party's seeming dislike for him (assuming he'd run as a Dem again) to contend with. Gavin Newsom seems to be the most likely candidate right now based on whispers and murmurs, and he ... is divisive to say the least. Better than Trump? Always and without question. But a sparkling personality that could sway voters with ease? Afraid not.

Antagon is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old Today, 11:02 AM   #1287
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antagon
While I do think there would be a couple of candidates up to that task (like I said, not a huge Bidenite), I'm not sure they'd rally the voters on such short notice. It would take a candidate so undeniably popular that mere months of campaigning and a complete overhaul of the entire strategy that late in the game don't seem such a herculean task.

I know Michelle Obama is massively popular, but there haven't been any attempts or even whispers of intentions to run. I love me some Bernie, but I'm aware that at this point, this is pretty much a pipe dream. He'd have a shit ton of rallies and his own party's seeming dislike for him (assuming he'd run as a Dem again) to contend with. Gavin Newsom seems to be the most likely candidate right now based on whispers and murmurs, and he ... is divisive to say the least. Better than Trump? Always and without question. But a sparkling personality that could sway voters with ease? Afraid not.
bernie is too leftie, kamala is unpopular, newsom seems a bit of a douche, but anyone who can stand up straight and speak with a loud and clear voice would be an improvement

i've seen the name of senator mark kelly of arizona bandied about already. i dont know if you remember he entered the public consciousness when his wife gabby giffords was shot in the head by some lunatic. anyway he's an astronaut and navy captain and a centrist. az senator since 2020. i think if he can appeal to arizona voters he could bring on the undecided voters nationally

having said that, i don't know how good he is at television bulshitting and charisma, a requirement these days, but at least on paper looks competent and reasonable which is all we really need to run a country of laws with longstanding institutions which needs no micromanaging by a wannabe dictator
55626364 65
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth