Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Flaming Lips on Leno Tonight
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05.25.2006, 06:45 AM   #1
EyeballGrowth
the end of the ugly

EyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's asses
For anyone interested, they will perform the W.A.N.D.
EyeballGrowth is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.25.2006, 09:12 AM   #2
finding nobody
invito al cielo

finding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's asses
cooool. thank you for postin
finding nobody is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.26.2006, 01:28 AM   #3
EyeballGrowth
the end of the ugly

EyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's asses
they were incredible
Old 05.26.2006, 02:38 AM   #4
acousticrock87
invito al cielo

acousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's asses
Brilliant. I like how they played at the same tempo as the siren. Amazing.
acousticrock87 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.26.2006, 03:06 PM   #5
EyeballGrowth
the end of the ugly

Yeah, when I saw them live they didn't sing that song through a megaphone. There's this other song they have that's meant to be sung through it, I think they did that because they were on TV. It sounded good but I think it would have sounded a little bit better if he'd sung parts of it through the mic and parts through the megaphone like he usually does live.
Old 05.26.2006, 03:15 PM   #6
EyeballGrowth
the end of the ugly

that also makes me wonder, what the hell does Steven Drozd sing through in that song to make his voice jump all over the place like that? His voice sounds all synthisized almost like a vocoder, but he's not playing his keyboard during those parts.
Old 05.27.2006, 11:50 PM   #7
EyeballGrowth
the end of the ugly

They should have done Free Radicals. That song is so awesome live
Old 05.27.2006, 11:57 PM   #8
Daycare Nation
expwy. to yr skull

Daycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's asses
I never understood what's so great about Flaming Lips...I tried to like them. I sold back that album with the toilet on the cover. I have a promo of Soft Bulletin which is okay. A lot of their stuff either seems too screamy and loud or too cheesy and lacking in substance.

That dragon ain't the love sweet love.
Daycare Nation is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.28.2006, 10:39 AM   #9
johnnywinternoshow
the end of the ugly

johnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's asses
http://www.demonoid.com/files/details/356248/
here's a torrent of it
johnnywinternoshow is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.29.2006, 08:07 PM   #10
EyeballGrowth
the end of the ugly

The Flaming Lips are incredibly talented, I don't understand why so many people diss them. I saw them live and it was the best show I've seen hands down. They fucking rocked, and the music was tight and almost every song every member was playing a different instrument.

Those are their best 4 in my opinion. I can understand why some people diss them if the first thing they heard was Yoshimi battles the Pink Robots. That album is really weak compared to these four and Soft Bulliten.

I can't wait until they release Zaireeka on DVD audio 5.1 so instead of listening to it on 4 cd players, you can just use 4 speakers.
Old 05.29.2006, 08:09 PM   #11
johnnywinternoshow
the end of the ugly

johnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's asses
transmissions from the sateillite hearts my favourite
johnnywinternoshow is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.29.2006, 11:17 PM   #12
kingcoffee
expwy. to yr skull

kingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asses
This performance was pretty fucking cool. Wayne's voice sounded like shit. I've noticed that his voice sounds very gravelly and horse lately. But no matter. Cuz this is the best band thats been on Leno in quite some time. I love how Wayne just pulled out that glowing toy wand and waved it in dumbass Taylor Hicks' face and blasted the klaxxon at him. Priceless!
kingcoffee is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.29.2006, 11:20 PM   #13
kingcoffee
expwy. to yr skull

kingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asses
The Flaming Lips are sheer brilliance!!!! At War with the Mystics is an ok album, but I really liked Hit to Death In the Future Head. That album makes me happy every time I put it in even though I could be totally pissed off. They're just too fucking good to not be happy while listening to. They have so many good albums too! Even their crappier albums from the 80's still have great material on them!
kingcoffee is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth