Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Over a hundred arrested today as protesters crash Moscow's first ever Gay Pride March
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05.27.2006, 11:53 PM   #41
alyasa
invito al cielo

alyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's asses
Thanks, I'll check it out... Albert Enistein remains the most observant human being so far in recorded human history..
Old 05.28.2006, 12:59 AM   #42
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
Even though all recorded religion springs from Taoism, I still maintain that the New Testament & parts of the Old Testament, despite their flaws, are the most spiritually & philosophically complete & evolved Books of Wisdom on the planet. As one may recall, the Superman (I'm not being facetious) , !@#$%!, & I recently had an exchange based on this. Socrates would take the prize, but according to Plato (second-hand account), Socrates demontrated a real elitist streak in The Republic, although I'm sure he thought he meant well (if, in fact, he really spoke the words which contradict much of his wisdom). Alas, it's tough to know the truth & life seems to take its toll even on the best of us. It's just discouraging that Socrates allowed himself to be embittered (if it's true & it probably is to some extent....such is life...for instance, I just wrote in this thread that I wish death on all Shi'ite clerics) & not have Ultimate Faith in all human beings as he demontrates in Plato's account in The Republic. Again, (just as in the case of Jesus & the authors of the Gospels), there's no way to be sure that words were not being put in his mouth after he was gone. Other than that instance, all of his dialogues are peerless in the realm of philosophy & before his death by hemlock, one can tell he was back to the same old "classic" Socrates; certain death is rather sobering.

Albert Einstein, however, is the author of the most universally objectively true material ever recorded.

wait a sec...alyasa you edited that part about AE.
atari 2600 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.28.2006, 01:10 AM   #43
umjammer atomsk
the end of the ugly

umjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's asses
I hope that when I grow up I'm like atari.

umjammer atomsk is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.28.2006, 05:03 AM   #44
o o o
the destroyed room

o o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asses
i think i read some years ago that Brigitte Fontaine converted to Sufism, but i'm not sure...
o o o is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.28.2006, 01:04 PM   #45
Laila
the end of the ugly

Laila kicks all y'all's assesLaila kicks all y'all's assesLaila kicks all y'all's assesLaila kicks all y'all's assesLaila kicks all y'all's assesLaila kicks all y'all's assesLaila kicks all y'all's assesLaila kicks all y'all's assesLaila kicks all y'all's assesLaila kicks all y'all's assesLaila kicks all y'all's asses
yes atari is pretty smart. he/she needs to write a book about life. so i must ask cause i'm such a curious little girl...if you went to college, where? what did you major in....and are you a boy or girl. If these question have been answered before well answer them again! cause i missed it.

oh since i'm asking you, then if you want to know about me:
i'm a girl (obviously) going to start my junior yr at University of Texas Austin (go longhorns) and i'm 19 majoring in psych! ooooh so interesting aren't i? of course not.

PM me please

Facebook- Laila Virani

Laila is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.28.2006, 09:53 PM   #46
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laila
if you went to college, where?

I'm male & I went to Brewton-Parker Community College in Mount Vernon, Ga, Georgia Southern in Statesboro, Armstrong State in Savannah & the Lamar Dodd School of Fine Art in Athens, Ga at the University of Georgia.

Coming out of high school I had scholarship offers from some big non-ivy league schools like Ga Tech, Carnegie Mellon, UCLA, among others, & esteemed art schools like the Rhode Island School of Art & Design, Savannah College of Art & Design and Pratt Institute in Manhattan. I was also appointed to the U.S. Naval Academy by my Congressman, but I didn't go to any of these places because I wanted to stay close to a high school girlfriend & also due to my own fear of success, I suppose.

The only quarter (it was quarters back then, not semesters) that I've ever had to pay for was at Armstrong & my step-sister paid for that. By the way, one wouldn't think it, but Armstrong State was by far the toughest school I ever attended; the rest were a complete joke.

Austin rules, so congratulations, Laila.
Old 05.28.2006, 10:05 PM   #47
Alex's Trip
invito al cielo

Alex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's asses
wow...I have no fucking clue where I'm gonna go to college.

Wow...the animal collective song college just came on, and it says "you don't have to go to college". Weird.
Old 05.28.2006, 10:14 PM   #48
atari 2600
invito al cielo

A liberal arts education is extremely important if you haven't learned the information on your own already, but technical school is a much better bet than college these days.
Old 05.28.2006, 10:15 PM   #49
Alex's Trip
invito al cielo

Alex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's asses
I really don't know what the means. In my defense, I am a high school freshman...
Old 05.28.2006, 10:23 PM   #50
Laila
the end of the ugly

Laila kicks all y'all's assesLaila kicks all y'all's assesLaila kicks all y'all's assesLaila kicks all y'all's assesLaila kicks all y'all's assesLaila kicks all y'all's assesLaila kicks all y'all's assesLaila kicks all y'all's assesLaila kicks all y'all's assesLaila kicks all y'all's assesLaila kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atari 2600
A liberal arts education is extremely important if you haven't learned the information on your own already, but technical school is a much better bet than college these days.

yeah what's up with those people who get paid a butt load and only went to tech school? but the catch is most of those professions require hands on labor that not many people like to do.

PM me please

Facebook- Laila Virani

Laila is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.28.2006, 10:40 PM   #51
atari 2600
invito al cielo

I'm handing out a free liberal arts education with my posts...hehe.

Enjoy Austin.
Old 05.29.2006, 07:01 AM   #52
porkmarras
invito al cielo

porkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laila
i don't speak about this issue
Erm....why?

porkmarras is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.29.2006, 07:08 AM   #53
porkmarras
invito al cielo

porkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by alyasa
Please, fundementalism is fundementalism. Do you honestly believe if George Bush had been born a muslim, he would have preached love and tolerance? He would have been first in line to screw HaydenAsche(figuratively speaking).
How beautifully said.I'm afraid but there is not a single religion in this world that preaches real and tangible tolerance.I will respect you and your beliefs for as long as you don't interfere with mine.If the occasion arises then i will kill you( The reference to an odd poem Lou Reed once wrote for John Cale is for good effect)

Old 05.29.2006, 07:10 AM   #54
porkmarras
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by alyasa
Thanks, I'll check it out... Albert Enistein remains the most observant human being so far in recorded human history..
Same can be said for Karl Marx though.

Old 05.29.2006, 07:15 AM   #55
porkmarras
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaydenAsche
I should add this. I am gay but I use the word 'fag' alot along with numerous other slurs against gay people. I don't really care. I just think protesting it no matter how wrong you think it is is completely stupid, not to mention pointless.

I like guys. You can't change that by saying 'God hates fags' and besides, I'm probably a way better christian than the majority of these people judging others and being complete idiots.
Oh i'm pretty much the same with the use of that sort of terminology.I use the word poof,fucking queen and blah blah blah the same way black people use the word nigger.When you are gay you know very well when this sort of word is used in a derogatory way.

Old 05.29.2006, 07:58 AM   #56
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
I'm fully on board with delicate use of offensive words. I deplore the 'I can use such and such a word, my best friend is [insert 'minority']' line, it just strikes me as cowardly and rubbish.

Laila, I'm astounded you haven't heard of Sufism, in whatever language. Every Muslim I know, even the most nominal of muslim (ie, drinks/ smokes, sex before marraige etc) knows about Sufism. It's related to a lot of the Persian (farci?) poetry that you really should read if you read that language. I don't, but the English translations are wonderful. I'm tempted to learn Persian because the poetry is quite lovely.

Atari, I think you should be careful saying that Sufism is the 'true' Islam. While I concur in that it is my preferred strand of Islam, one must be very careful making grand statements like that.

I'm also hesistant about your taking on Taoism - while you're correct in a lot of ways, being somewhat of a cultural relativist I often worry that the non-Taoist must be very careful talking about a metaphysical paradigm that is without of your own - ie, my assumption is that the metaphysical paradigm for your part of the world (America) is probably that of Christianity... better, the understanding of religion (which is what I mean by metaphysical paradigm) is usually defined by the dominant one of your culture. As a Catholic, I feel ill equipped to talk about other religions without making it very clear that my understanding of religion is always relative to the 'dogma' of my own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.29.2006, 08:15 AM   #57
candymoan
the end of the ugly

candymoan kicks all y'all's assescandymoan kicks all y'all's assescandymoan kicks all y'all's assescandymoan kicks all y'all's assescandymoan kicks all y'all's assescandymoan kicks all y'all's assescandymoan kicks all y'all's assescandymoan kicks all y'all's assescandymoan kicks all y'all's assescandymoan kicks all y'all's assescandymoan kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glice
I'm fully on board with delicate use of offensive words. I deplore the 'I can use such and such a word, my best friend is [insert 'minority']' line, it just strikes me as cowardly and rubbish.

Laila, I'm astounded you haven't heard of Sufism, in whatever language. Every Muslim I know, even the most nominal of muslim (ie, drinks/ smokes, sex before marraige etc) knows about Sufism. It's related to a lot of the Persian (farci?) poetry that you really should read if you read that language. I don't, but the English translations are wonderful. I'm tempted to learn Persian because the poetry is quite lovely.

Atari, I think you should be careful saying that Sufism is the 'true' Islam. While I concur in that it is my preferred strand of Islam, one must be very careful making grand statements like that.

I'm also hesistant about your taking on Taoism - while you're correct in a lot of ways, being somewhat of a cultural relativist I often worry that the non-Taoist must be very careful talking about a metaphysical paradigm that is without of your own - ie, my assumption is that the metaphysical paradigm for your part of the world (America) is probably that of Christianity... better, the understanding of religion (which is what I mean by metaphysical paradigm) is usually defined by the dominant one of your culture. As a Catholic, I feel ill equipped to talk about other religions without making it very clear that my understanding of religion is always relative to the 'dogma' of my own.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Glice again.

*/**
nothing here...

candymoan is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth