Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Abigail's Party
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07.05.2007, 04:55 AM   #1
sarramkrop

Any fans? Don't you just love it when Beverly isn't capable of helping out her hated husband while he's dying of a heart attack because she's too pissed, cynical and careless?

|QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.05.2007, 05:22 AM   #2
king_buzzo
invito al cielo

king_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's asses
I thought this said 'Albini's Party' and got all hopefull.
king_buzzo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.05.2007, 07:06 AM   #3
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Absolutely. "just some LIGHT classical Beverly. I promise"
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.05.2007, 07:28 AM   #4
sarramkrop

Ops! Sorry, you got there first.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.05.2007, 07:31 AM   #5
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
I remember having a video of it and watching it almost every day for about a year when I was 13-14. I was, and to a degree still am, obsessed with it.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.05.2007, 07:37 AM   #6
sarramkrop

Do you have the dvd? On the extras there's an interesting interview with Alison Steadman where she talks about how Mike Leigh works with his actors. I used to chat with some of the actors while they rehearsed for Mike Leigh's last play, here where I work. None of them knew what was going to happen till they got onto the stage. Quite nerve-wrecking. The same happened with Abigail's Party but the characters are difinitely more grotesque on it. Was she not 9 month pregnant or something?
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.05.2007, 04:22 PM   #7
the ikara cult
invito al cielo

the ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's asses
NOT neccessarily Beverley, I like olives, and thats 25% of the assembled company...

I did this for my drama A-Levels, i was Lawrence. Its totally totally brilliant. WE had this complete arsehole of a girl playing Beverley (White coat with white fluffy neck lining, 3 mobile phones, perpetually telling us about how shes cheating on her boyfreind), and we kept telling her to "not think about it" when performing, which secretly meant ACT LIKE YOURSELF!! Ah that was a pleasure, the only downside was i had to eat an olive.

I think we only did about half of the whole play due to time constraints. We also saw a production that was on at the time, and it had that woman from The Office christmas special who talks to Tim about having sex and skipping the queue at Disneyland playing Beverley, she was brilliant. I wish we'd got a tape of that.
I could go on.
the ikara cult is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth