Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page sports most gruesome injuries, complete with YOUTUBE clips
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02.28.2007, 03:08 PM   #1
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
from CNNSI.com
They say things come in threes. That's certainly been the case with gruesome sports injuries the past week. Clippers point guard Shaun Livington tore four ligaments in his knee Monday. Wisconsin lost forward Brian Butch on Sunday for four to six weeks because of a dislocated elbow. And Chelsea captain John Terry was knocked unconscious Sunday after being kicked in the face during a match against Arsenal.

Fortunately -- or in many cases, unfortantely -- all of these cringe-worthy incidents can be found on good ol' YouTube (just click on the links above). With that, here are the 10 most gruesome/bizarre injuries found on YouTube. (Some famous injuries aren't on the list i.e. Tim Krumrie, because there isn't a YouTube clip.) Let me warn you: Most of these are nasty. They will make your stomach turn. So if you're eating a meal, be careful. And if there are any other clips of injuries that I missed, please send them along.

1. Redskins QB Joe Theismann suffers broken right leg: This is the granddaddy of gruesome sports injuries. Lawrence Taylor's reaction is unforgettable.

2. Alabama WR Tyrone Prothro suffers broken left leg: The interesting thing about this clip is that the cameraman actually shoots a close-up of Prothro's leg. One thing you'll notice in most of the following clips is that the announcers usually tell the cameramen to turn away.

3. Dodgers pitcher Kaz Ishii gets hit in face with line drive: This isn't as nasty as when Red Sox pitcher Bryce Florie got hit with a liner, but it will still make you cringe. Make sure you stay with the clip and watch the "demonstration" that takes place afterward.

4. Villanova guard Allen Ray gets his right eye poked out: This is just nasty. While it's on my list, I don't recommend watching it.

5. Sabres goalie Clint Malarchuk gets his neck cut by skate: This is probably the worst injury, but luckily you can't see it. There's a collision and then some blood. But that's more than enough. The announcers' reactions are a must-listen.

6. Mets outfielders Mike Cameron and Carlos Beltran viciously collide: The amazing thing about this play is that Beltran only missed a week of action. Cameron ended up with a broken jaw and broken nose.

7. Celtics guard Tony Allen suffers torn ACL: This get filed under the "bizarre" category. Allen attempted a dunk after play was whistled dead and then blew out his knee. He's out for the season.

8. Tennis player Mary Pierce ruptures her ACL: You can't really see how bad the damage is to Pierce's knee, but just listen to her scream.

9. Wrestler Sid Vicious suffers broken left leg: Wrestling may be fake, but this injury is not.

10. Miami running back Willis McGahee suffers broken left leg: Helmet on knee. Nothing more needs to be said.
Old 02.28.2007, 03:16 PM   #2
cryptowonderdruginvogue
invito al cielo

cryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's asses
yeah! way cool.
cryptowonderdruginvogue is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.28.2007, 03:23 PM   #3
cryptowonderdruginvogue
invito al cielo

cryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's asses
ouch... some of these made me shiver
Old 02.28.2007, 03:28 PM   #4
cryptowonderdruginvogue
invito al cielo

errr cringe, not shiver
Old 02.28.2007, 03:42 PM   #5
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennthebenn
the clint malarchuk injury is horrible...if the medical staff hadn't been at
that end of the ice for that particular period, he would have died in
minutes. fact. there's a segment from an espn story on it that shows
a different, closer angle of the aftermath. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dT4PenDwiPo

i remember seeing LT ruin joey's career as it happened. entire house went
"OHHHHHHHHH!"

one of the people on the ice, a ref or medcic, who was a soldier in Vietnam War, held the goalie's artery shut all the way to the hospital. only reason he did not die.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth