Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page IKUE MORI
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06.13.2007, 08:45 PM   #21
Bunbury
stalker

Bunbury kicks all y'all's assesBunbury kicks all y'all's assesBunbury kicks all y'all's assesBunbury kicks all y'all's assesBunbury kicks all y'all's assesBunbury kicks all y'all's assesBunbury kicks all y'all's assesBunbury kicks all y'all's assesBunbury kicks all y'all's assesBunbury kicks all y'all's assesBunbury kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everyneurotic
most people i have conversations with who know who ikue mori is and i bring the fact that she used to play in dna, i get the almost universal response of "she was in a band before?"

her solo stuff is way more well known than dna, same with arto lindsay.

Your situation is inverted and reversed for me. Most of my friends know about her work with DNA and care little about what shes doing now, but they also dont care for electronic music mind you.

Oh well, the point is shes amazing, and I cant believe im going to miss her play with Zorn and Okkyung Lee in July. Thats SY and Mori that I will be missing. fuck.
Bunbury is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.13.2007, 09:31 PM   #22
Bunbury
stalker

Bunbury kicks all y'all's assesBunbury kicks all y'all's assesBunbury kicks all y'all's assesBunbury kicks all y'all's assesBunbury kicks all y'all's assesBunbury kicks all y'all's assesBunbury kicks all y'all's assesBunbury kicks all y'all's assesBunbury kicks all y'all's assesBunbury kicks all y'all's assesBunbury kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by swa(y)
i like some of the stuff shes released on tzadik (zorn's label), but id be a liar if i was obcessed with any of it.

i think its relaly good for what it is.

i much prefer her collaborative stuff than i do her solo works. DNA were awesome. ive got a live improv show from a few years ago. its her, arto, and zeena parkins (?) if im not mistaken. really good stuff. i should post that show sometime.

Swa(y), it would be nice if you uploaded that when you have some time. please and thanks...
Bunbury is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.14.2007, 11:08 AM   #23
val-holla-ing
invito al cielo

val-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by tesla69
for awhile it seemed I couldn't see a show at Tonic without one of the bands relying somehow on a laptop. I always associate them with those idiot 'digital noise' bands. Life is way too short to waste consciousness on that artificial crud. I wanna rock!

NOw where did I put my Orbital bootlegs? :-)

:-( i use a laptop for performance along with a mixer and saxophone, but i definitely think you have a point against many laptop performers. it's not so much about creating some loops with distortion (although if done well it's awesome), it should be about the fusion of analog and digital technology to make something totally extrasensorial.

volcano! (http://www.myspace.com/volcanoisaband) is an amazing example of a band that relies heavily on laptop textures, but doesn't let the rest of the music hide behind it. they're amazing.

-cam'ron

(formerly "no homo")
val-holla-ing is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.14.2007, 09:39 PM   #24
Walter Gropius
empty page

Walter Gropius is a splendid one to beholdWalter Gropius is a splendid one to beholdWalter Gropius is a splendid one to beholdWalter Gropius is a splendid one to beholdWalter Gropius is a splendid one to beholdWalter Gropius is a splendid one to beholdWalter Gropius is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by val-holla-ing
either way, have you heard the one they did for zorn's 50th birthday celebration?
No, not yet, is it any good?
Walter Gropius is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth