Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page OiNK shutdown
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10.23.2007, 06:06 AM   #1
Protectmeyou
bad moon rising

Protectmeyou kicks all y'all's assesProtectmeyou kicks all y'all's assesProtectmeyou kicks all y'all's assesProtectmeyou kicks all y'all's assesProtectmeyou kicks all y'all's assesProtectmeyou kicks all y'all's assesProtectmeyou kicks all y'all's assesProtectmeyou kicks all y'all's assesProtectmeyou kicks all y'all's assesProtectmeyou kicks all y'all's assesProtectmeyou kicks all y'all's asses
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/tees/7057812.stm

damn...

can't log on...

sheeet!
Protectmeyou is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.23.2007, 08:45 AM   #2
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
oh well, soulseek is better anyway.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.23.2007, 09:40 AM   #3
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
They'll probably be back under a new ISP eventually, like so many others that go down temporarily.

But fuck 'em if they aren't because I lost my password to oink and those bastards haha never sent me a new one. A blessing in disguise, it seems.

Oh, I just read the story. Sucks to be them.

"It followed a two-year investigation by music industry bodies the IFPI and the British Phonographic Industry (BPI)."

I wonder how much money the needlessly lengthy investigation cost the taxpayers. It shouldn't take two years to shut down websites with illegal filesharing going on. Authorities can do it readily, they just bilk people out of money themselves through their intentional incompetence, which is what government red tape is really about. Who is worse? People sharing files in a private group or the Draconian dickheads that force society to pay through the nose on all levels? You know what people in those jobs do all day? Diddly fucking squat. They show up, have some coffee, push some papers around, have lunch, and answer a few e-mails and phone calls. They are usually very unintelligent, boring, and bland people and they fucking sit there and collect their checks with benefits. You tell me. Who is the most guilty of stealing from society?

My feeling is that BitTorrent should be completely legal no matter what the content, but sharing sites should be forced to pare down their memberships to reasonably-sized private groups of say, a few hundred people, instead of up to hundreds of thousands of people like things currently are. Sharing sites shouldn't be allowed to become gargantuan money-making enterprises off of the piracy of copyrighted materials that they don't own; but it also shouldn't be against the law for a close-knit group of a few hundred online users to share materials with each other. And the burden of the majority of the policing should be put on the ISPs (who allot the necessary huge amounts of bandwith anyway) themselves. Problem fucking solved and everyone is (well, should be) happy.
atari 2600 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth