Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page What do you think of the following non-mainstream science things?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10.27.2007, 12:02 AM   #41
Cantankerous
invito al cielo

Cantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's asses
what about the theory about the end of the world? the whole mayan/chinese deal? i think that's pretty interesting and a little scary. and i always like hearing about ghosts.
Cantankerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.27.2007, 12:15 AM   #42
Cantankerous
invito al cielo

Cantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's asses
december 23 2012 or something like that.
i hope the end of the world is like in the sailor moon movies.
Old 10.27.2007, 12:19 AM   #43
Cantankerous
invito al cielo

my favorite show as a kid but it's so cheesy. i love it.
Old 10.27.2007, 12:26 AM   #44
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
hahahaha, i used to watch sailor moon so much...i had a sm folder for school. sailor neptune kinda looks like my ladyfriend, minus the hair color.
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.27.2007, 12:31 AM   #45
Cantankerous
invito al cielo

i'm sailor venus, ho.

Old 10.27.2007, 12:36 AM   #46
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
actually, i stopped watching sailor moon after sailor venus joined them. i kinda lost interest in them.
Old 10.27.2007, 12:36 AM   #47
Cantankerous
invito al cielo

you can buy wigs on the street in manhattan. i was thinking about it one day just for the hell of it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everyneurotic
actually, i stopped watching sailor moon after sailor venus joined them. i kinda lost interest in them.

i was only commenting on the fact that i resemble her the most

i like sailor saturn. she's a freak.
Old 10.27.2007, 12:43 AM   #48
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

yeah, and you do resemble her, i was kinda commenting on my fascination with the show.

and recently found about sailor neptune and how she looks like my ladyfriend and then i found out she and another one (sailor saturn?) are lesbian lovers or something.
Old 10.27.2007, 01:44 AM   #49
SynthethicalY
invito al cielo

SynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's asses
Sailor Moon Rocks my pants.
SynthethicalY is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.27.2007, 01:50 AM   #50
Anngella
expwy. to yr skull

Anngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by swa(y)
sometimes i seriously hope im here when it happens. i imagine the end of the world being scarey/sad/beautiful all at the same time.
Me too. I always love being the calm grain of mass chaos. It soothes me in some sick way.

http://slouchingsunflowers.tumblr.com/
Anngella is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.27.2007, 05:02 PM   #51
SonikJesus
the end of the ugly

SonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's asses
Cryptozoology rules. I don't believe every creature in that field exists but some have been proven to exist, like the giant squid. I just like to read about that stuff. There was also a recent sighting of Bigfoot in 2005 that seems believable. A couple of minutes of footage was shot but what seems wrong is that the person in possession of the film hasn't released it, he wants money for it; although it was shown to some of the neighborhood people.

http://www.bigfootencounters.com/art...ba_footage.htm

I also remember seeing footage of a yeti walking up a snowy mountanside when I was about 14 on one of those paranormal tv shows that looked really believable. I believe it was this.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=HScOt_qryZU

Except when I saw it it wasn't zoomed in like that which made it look more believable. You could also here the hikers talking to each other.
SonikJesus is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.27.2007, 08:09 PM   #52
ZEROpumpkins
invito al cielo

ZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard sucka
All the bigfoot footage I see just looks like a man in a Gorilla suit. I still reckon it's possible that he exists though.
Old 10.30.2007, 02:28 AM   #53
Anngella
expwy. to yr skull

Anngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's asses
^Or a guy in a huge black snowsuit.

http://slouchingsunflowers.tumblr.com/
Anngella is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.30.2007, 07:49 AM   #54
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
I'd totally be his friend. if I had a facebook, and if I ever logged on to those kinds of things...
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.30.2007, 09:25 AM   #55
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
Yonaguni Monument - possibly a naturally-occurring undersea rock formation that people see a pyramid in to support cockamamie claims about atlantis or early alien visitors...akin to the people who see "a face on mars" in craters and natural formations - possibly the ruins of an ancient civilization now underwater due to tectonic shift(s) or other natural phenomena

Bimini Road - "spiritualist" (professional huckster-charlatan) edgar cayce-devotees' cultist belief about atlantis

UFO sightings - people seeing aircraft and having wild imaginations (usually in conjunction with a love of science fiction) or people just seeking attention and allowing their lie to grow and grow - people, in general, are extremely unreliable witnesses

and alien abduction- greys and little green men - research proves that most people with abduction stories are borderline personalities seeking attention and that many were molested or otherwise traumatized as children

the new jersey devil - an urban legend left over from the American "spiritualism" heyday and resurrected by bored, imaginative schoolchildren and then expanded upon by their parental counterparts, perhaps to explain away mafia killings years ago in the pine barrens

el chupacabra - imaginative latino folk belief started as mental compensation due to being too helpless and/or afraid to discover the real reasons behind mutilations and murders due to skirmishes over narcotics-manufacturing and other resources - gangland warfare intimidation (sometimes revenge) disguised as cult activity with animal sacrifices to cause mental terror in their victims/enemies

big foot/yeti - gigantopithecus may have survived for some time in the Himalayas (and possibly in the mountainous regions of N. America too) after early homo sapiens wiped most of them out, but it's been at least thousands of years since any of them still lived

loch ness monster - clearly proven to be a hoax many times over - scottish tourist trap

ghosts - usually encountered by people as going to sleep or waking up from sleep (people in highly suggestible states), usually through auditory rather than visual hallucination; oftentimes reported after a loved one has died -
somewhat "real" in the psychic sense for a therapist to analyze, not "real" in any "rational" sense...a superstititous belief that acts as a protective mechanism to shield us from the terror of death
- or alternately, people playing pranks or otherwise seeking attention (see Fox sisters (whose prank largely began the American "spiritualist" movement that persists even today in many varied forms))

hollow earth theory - anti-scientific cult comprised of dunderheads who think that since we've only drilled so many miles into the earth's crust that the rest of it must be hollow

flat earth theory - a belief held by a reprehensible anti-scientific cult whose members get off on the antisocial connotations arising from having their head so firmly planted up their own asses -
a belief usually held in conjunction with obstinately maintaining that the moon landings were faked
- in many cases, a belief held by "pagans" and "new age pagans" who love fantasy role-playing and pretending they are in the early pre-Copernican middle ages because they are such overwhelming dorks - all ironic considering that the belief originally arose from ill-informed religious fanatics
atari 2600 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth