Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Twins Peaks Definitive Gold Box Edition
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10.27.2007, 03:41 AM   #1
LifeDistortion
expwy. to yr skull

LifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's asses
Finally the whole series is being released on DVD, 2 hour pilot included.

David Lynch talks ''Twin Peaks'' | David Lynch | The Q&A | DVD | Entertainment Weekly | 1
LifeDistortion is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.27.2007, 03:52 AM   #2
nicfit
invito al cielo

nicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's asses
If that has english subtitles (just to make sure I won't lose a word), I'm even more glad I waited instead of buying the 2 part series released till now in italy...
11:11 11-11-11 I Ascended.
nicfit is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.27.2007, 08:32 AM   #3
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
yeah, this is great, since the season 1 dvd set was fetching some ridiculous prices lately.

best show in the history of television.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.28.2007, 02:48 AM   #4
m1rr0r dash
invito al cielo

m1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's asses
Undated

Dear Diary,

I know who he is. I know exactly who and what BOB is, and I have to tell everyone. I have to tell someone and make them believe. Someone has torn pages out of my diary, pages that help me realize maybe . . . pages with my poems, pages of writing, private pages. I'm so afraid of death. I'm so afraid that no one will believe me until after I have taken the seat that I fear has been saved for me in the darkness. Please don't hate me. I never meant to see the small hills and the fire. I never meant to see him or let him in. Please, Diary, help me explain to everyone that I did not want what I have become. I did not want to have certain memories and realizations of him. I only did what any of us can do, in any situation. . . .
My very best.

Love, Laura

P.S. I'm giving you to Harold for safekeeping. I hope I see you again. I can't stay sober anymore. I just can't. I have to be numb.

THE PRECEDING WAS LAURA'S LAST ENTRY. SHE WAS FOUND DEAD JUST DAYS LATER

m1rr0r dash is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.28.2007, 03:23 AM   #5
m1rr0r dash
invito al cielo

m1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's asses
July 22, 1984

Dear Diary,

My name is Laura Palmer, and as of just three short minutes ago, I officially turned twelve years old! It is July 22, 1984, and I have had such a good day! You were the last gift I opened and I could hardly wait to come upstairs and start to tell you all about myself and my family. You shall be the one I confide in the most. I promise to tell you everything that happens, everything I feel, everything I desire. And, every single thing I think. There are some things I can't tell anyone. I promise to tell these things to you.

Anyway, when I came down for breakfast this morning, I saw that Mom had hung streamers all through the house, and even Dad put on a party hat and tooted away on a kazoo for a while. I didn't think Donna and I would ever stop laughing!

Oh, Donna is my very best friend in the whole world. Her last name is Hayward, and her father, Dr. Hayward, delivered me twelve years ago today! I can't believe I finally made it. Mom cried at the table because she said before I know it I'll be a grown-up woman. Yeah, sure. It's going to take years for me to even get my period, I just know it. She's crazy if she thinks I'll be a grown-up in no time, especially if she keeps giving me stuffed animals for my birthday!

Today was just the way I wanted it to be, with only Donna and Mom and Dad there. And Jupiter, my cat, of course. For breakfast we had apple pancakes, which are my favorite, with lots of maple syrup and sourdough toast.

Donna gave me the blouse I saw in the window at Horne's Department Store, and I know she bought it with her allowances because she was saving all of them for a long time and wouldn't tell me why. It's the most beautiful blouse you've ever seen! It is white and silky and has tiny embroidered roses all over it, but not so many that it looks bad. It's just perfect. On Donna's birthday, I'm going to get her something extra special too.

My cousin Madeline, Maddy for short, is visiting tomorrow for a whole week. She and Donna and I are going to build a fort in the woods and camp out if Mom will let us. I know Dad will. He likes the woods as much as I do. One night I had a dream that Dad moved us to a house deep in the woods and my bedroom had a big tree outside the window with two songbirds nesting there. I'll be back in a minute, Diary, Dad is calling to me from downstairs. He says he has a surprise! I'll tell you everything when I get back!

Love, Laura

Old 10.30.2007, 03:37 PM   #6
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
The Q&A
David Lynch: Climbing the 'Peaks'

The cult-cinema director looks back on his landmark ''Twin Peaks'': How ABC ruined it, why he'd never work in TV again, and what, exactly, Agent Cooper is doing today.

http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20154190,00.html

DAVID LYNCH ''The question of what happened to Laura Palmer was the goose that laid the golden egg. Then ABC asked us to snip the goose's head off, and it killed the goose.''

by Jeff Jensen, an EW senior writer, has been despondent since the cancellation of ''Twin Peaks''

''She's dead...wrapped in plastic...''
With these creepy words — intoned by the late Jack Nance — Blue Velvet director David Lynch and producer Mark Frost launched their deeply beloved, greatly irritating, and widely influential cult-classic TV series Twin Peaks in the spring of 1989. It was a smashing success...for a few weeks or so. Initially, the show became an international phenomenon thanks to its engrossing, aggressively marketed ''Who Killed Laura Palmer?'' mystery, quirky-cool hero (Kyle MacLachlan's pie-loving, coffee-swilling FBI agent Dale Cooper), and Lynch's auteur celebrity and distinctive brand of oddball wit, rich imagery, and atmospheric dread. But soon, viewers began tuning out in droves, alienated by the cryptically-plotted murder investigation, a deep dive into what the hell?! mysticism, and the general appearance of aimlessness. Following an erratically scheduled second season, the bizarre boomtown of Twin Peaks went bust in 1991.
Now, after years of delays, due to wrangling over rights to the show's two-hour Lynch-directed pilot (which itself remains one of great artistic achievements in TV history), Paramount is bringing the entire Twin Peaks experience — the pilot, plus the first and second seasons — to DVD. Dubbed Twin Peaks: The Definitive Gold Box Edition (see the EW review), the 10-disc set is loaded with extras, including deleted scenes (a rarity for a Lynch-authorized DVD), the rarely-seen and truly spooky alternate ending to the pilot (created for a feature-film version that was released abroad), cast and writer episodic commentaries, and documentaries tracking the creation of the series and the unique phenomenon it sparked. Once again, Twin Peaks lives — and it's wrapped in plastic, no less. An excited Lynch recently spoke with EW.com about Twin Peaks from Milan, where he was exhibiting a collection of his paintings.
ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: You know this is a dream come true for Peaks freaks, don't you?
DAVID LYNCH: Well, yeah, it's kind of a dream come true for me, too, because the pilot has never been included with the series [on DVD], and now it is.
When I interviewed you a couple years ago about the history of Twin Peaks, you told me at that time that you love the whole notion of an ongoing, never-ending story, and that's really what you had hoped to achieve with Twin Peaks.
A continuing story, right. Why is that a ''beautiful thing,'' to use one of your favorite expressions?
Because you can go deeper and deeper into a world and discover more and more things. A feature film has an ending. A continuing story doesn't. Eventually it could, but it can just go and go and go, and if the ideas keep flowing, it can be pretty thrilling.

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: In your imagination, is the Twin Peaks story still going?
DAVID LYNCH: Well, yes and no. Obviously, there is a lot more. And there are clues, not only in the series, but in the feature film, Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me [the poorly received 1992 prequel], that indicate something more, but I've never had a chance to go there.
Is there a chance that we could go there again?
I don't think so. On the Internet, maybe, but it's a big deal. It's a hungry medium, and it would take 100% focus to go there.
In your imagination, what's Agent Cooper doing right now?
[Pauses] I'd rather not say. [Laughs]
I know ABC asked you and co-creator Mark Frost to wrap up the Laura Palmer murder mystery much sooner than you wanted—
About 10 years sooner! [In a previous interview with EW, Lynch revealed that his original plan was to resolve the Laura Palmer murder mystery at the very end of the series. The idea was that the ongoing investigation into Palmer's murder would reveal mysteries within mysteries to be solved, crimes within crimes to bring to justice.]
In your mind, does that tarnish the way you personally feel about the Twin Peaks experience?
For sure. Like I was saying before, the question of what happened to Laura Palmer (Sheryl Lee) was the goose that laid the golden egg. Then ABC asked us to snip the goose's head off, and it killed the goose. And there went everything. It was never meant to be — there was so much more to the mystery.... This DVD has many extras — deleted scenes, commentaries, a conversation with you, Kyle Maclachlan and Madchen Amick (who played Shelly the waitress on the show) about the series. But in general, are you an extras kind of guy? Do you like to put that kind of stuff on your DVDs?
I believe that a film or a series stands on its own — I believe in the work the most. On the sidelines, extras can be very good. But it's a tricky business. Extras could possibly taint what's most important. But stories about the show or movie, or some deleted scenes — all of that can be good, okay. The conversation I had with Kyle and Madchen — they put us together in a kind of a Twin Peaks setting, and we had some pie together and talked. It was real nice. The cast of Twin Peaks was sensational. And there I was, after a long time, with Kyle and Madchen, and it was nice to go back in time and talk about things.

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: Twin Peaks introduced the world to your ''fondness'' for many things, including coffee. Last year, you launched your own line of coffee, David Lynch Signature Cup Coffee. How's the business treating you?
DAVID LYNCH: It's going good. Every business is tricky. The coffee is very, very good tasting. I drink it every day. I'm looking forward to getting it out into stores. A lot of cinemas are starting to take it, and that's cool — it's becoming like a cinema coffee. And it's fitting, because part of the profits goes to the American Film Institute, which helped put me on the map. So there are ideas in every bean, and great, great taste.
Nice tagline! Twin Peaks is an incredibly influential show, and inspired a lot of the great TV that's on today, including shows like Lost. Do you watch much TV? Have you kept track of what's out there?
No, I don't watch TV too much. Except when I travel. I haven't seen Lost.
You tried to return to TV a few years back with a pilot for a drama set in LA. When ABC passed on it, you famously salvaged the pilot and turned it into one of your most acclaimed movies, Mulholland Drive, which earned you an Oscar nomination for directing. Would you ever be tempted to work in TV again?
No. I'd go onto the Internet, because Internet is the new TV. [You can find some of Lynch's experiments in digital filmmaking and storytelling at his website, davidlynch.com.] One last question: did you know that Ray Wise — who played Laura Palmer's demon-possessed father on Twin Peaks — is now playing the devil himself on a show called Reaper?
Didn't know that! Ray can play the very, very good side and the very, very bad side of people. I'm glad he's working away — but I hope it doesn't take him down playing the devil.
Posted Oct 25, 2007
atari 2600 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.30.2007, 03:38 PM   #7
Anngella
expwy. to yr skull

Anngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's asses
At first I thought it said something about twinks.
Then I read it as tweak.
How disappointing.

http://slouchingsunflowers.tumblr.com/
Anngella is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.30.2007, 03:44 PM   #8
jon boy
invito al cielo

jon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's asses
i am almost scared to ask how much this will be. going to ask for it for xmas and then end up buying it myself as usual haha.

|@ <------- Euphoric brain cell just moments before expiration
V

_ \ / _
PING <-------- moments later
/ \

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljhxq...isruo1_500.gif

jon boy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.30.2007, 03:54 PM   #9
nicfit
invito al cielo

nicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's asses

http://search.ebay.it/twin-peaks-gol...sPageNameZWD2S
11:11 11-11-11 I Ascended.
nicfit is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.30.2007, 08:57 PM   #10
girlgun
invito al cielo

girlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by m1rr0r dash
July 22, 1984

Dear Diary,

My name is Laura Palmer, and as of just three short minutes ago, I officially turned twelve years old! It is July 22, 1984, and I have had such a good day! You were the last gift I opened and I could hardly wait to come upstairs and start to tell you all about myself and my family. You shall be the one I confide in the most. I promise to tell you everything that happens, everything I feel, everything I desire. And, every single thing I think. There are some things I can't tell anyone. I promise to tell these things to you.

Anyway, when I came down for breakfast this morning, I saw that Mom had hung streamers all through the house, and even Dad put on a party hat and tooted away on a kazoo for a while. I didn't think Donna and I would ever stop laughing!

Oh, Donna is my very best friend in the whole world. Her last name is Hayward, and her father, Dr. Hayward, delivered me twelve years ago today! I can't believe I finally made it. Mom cried at the table because she said before I know it I'll be a grown-up woman. Yeah, sure. It's going to take years for me to even get my period, I just know it. She's crazy if she thinks I'll be a grown-up in no time, especially if she keeps giving me stuffed animals for my birthday!

Today was just the way I wanted it to be, with only Donna and Mom and Dad there. And Jupiter, my cat, of course. For breakfast we had apple pancakes, which are my favorite, with lots of maple syrup and sourdough toast.

Donna gave me the blouse I saw in the window at Horne's Department Store, and I know she bought it with her allowances because she was saving all of them for a long time and wouldn't tell me why. It's the most beautiful blouse you've ever seen! It is white and silky and has tiny embroidered roses all over it, but not so many that it looks bad. It's just perfect. On Donna's birthday, I'm going to get her something extra special too.

My cousin Madeline, Maddy for short, is visiting tomorrow for a whole week. She and Donna and I are going to build a fort in the woods and camp out if Mom will let us. I know Dad will. He likes the woods as much as I do. One night I had a dream that Dad moved us to a house deep in the woods and my bedroom had a big tree outside the window with two songbirds nesting there. I'll be back in a minute, Diary, Dad is calling to me from downstairs. He says he has a surprise! I'll tell you everything when I get back!

Love, Laura

her diary shed a lot of light on many things.
girlgun is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.30.2007, 09:30 PM   #11
m1rr0r dash
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anngella
At first I thought it said something about twinks.
Then I read it as tweak.
How disappointing.

disappointing? i hope BOB visits you tonight.
...eh, not really... it's not your fault you weren't watching tv in 1990...

Quote:
Originally Posted by girlgun
her diary shed a lot of light on many things.

as did agent cooper's much funnier childhood tapes:

Dad has just plugged me into the wall socket next to the aquarium with the extension cord from the basement and I am now making my first trip out of the house with the recorder strapped into my scout pack. Mom is now opening the door, I'm stepping through, and am now on the porch... You may now close the door! ... The door is closed, I am on my own. just me, the recorder, and the extension cord, which I will call the tether of life.

Old 10.30.2007, 10:47 PM   #12
Anngella
expwy. to yr skull

Anngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by m1rr0r dash
...eh, not really... it's not your fault you weren't watching tv in 1990...
I wasnt't even alive. But I was watching it in spirit!

http://slouchingsunflowers.tumblr.com/
Anngella is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.31.2007, 03:43 AM   #13
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
Hey! Just cos I wasn't watching it when it first came out doens't mean I couldn't watch it! Well it's an awesome t.v series, apart from for a few episodes when they find out Laura's killer. God them episodes are bad bad bad.

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.31.2007, 04:00 AM   #14
The Usher
stalker

The Usher kicks all y'all's assesThe Usher kicks all y'all's assesThe Usher kicks all y'all's assesThe Usher kicks all y'all's assesThe Usher kicks all y'all's assesThe Usher kicks all y'all's assesThe Usher kicks all y'all's assesThe Usher kicks all y'all's assesThe Usher kicks all y'all's assesThe Usher kicks all y'all's assesThe Usher kicks all y'all's asses
I received mine yesterday. I can't recommend this enough, the colour correction is really beautiful and there's loads of great extras!

The Usher is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth