Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Tall Firs:: Hairdo MP3
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12.31.2007, 04:10 PM   #1
Moshe
Super Moderator

Moshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's asses
New York based trio, Tall Firs are back with the follow up to their 2006 debut record. While sophomore effort, Too Old to Die Young, doesn't stray too far from the musical stylings from the band's first LP, it does pack a bit more energy and a dash of new influences. Too Old does deliver on the sweetly subtle deliveries of lead singer Aaron Mullan, but also keeps its audience intrigued with an undercurrent of musical tension and non drowsy melodies.

"Hairdo" is an example of the cool ease the band personifies. It sounds like fall, when the leaves turn contrasting colors and the air becomes a bit crisp. As the drums compliment the breezy atmosphere of acoustic-electric guitar play, we follow the early stages of romance. Unlike winter when everything appears to be coming to a close, this season has just begun.

l "Hairdo" l MP3 l

Moshe is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.11.2008, 08:16 PM   #2
StevOK
expwy. to yr skull

StevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's asses
I just now listened to it, even though I downloaded it on New Year's Eve. I have to say that I am very impressed. I will definitely look for their new album.
Facebook

StevOK is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth