Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page motivation
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03.10.2008, 12:32 AM   #21
pbradley
invito al cielo

pbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's asses
Turning in that paper I wrote was excellent motivation to get pissed.
pbradley is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.10.2008, 01:12 PM   #22
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
My top tip when lacking motivation - give yourself loads of things to do. I wasn't a very motivated student until I had things to do as well as Uni; whenever I've been unemployed, I did nothing. I've not got a great deal to be working on at the moment, but the cherishing of evenings means I get on with it. Eating well, sleeping well, getting fit - all of these will increase your motivation ten-fold, in spite of them all being slightly boring. Also, makes sure you designate some time to get spastic drunk. DO NOT SMOKE WEED. I have known no-one who can sustain a weed habit and be 'pro-active'. Some do for a while, but not for sustained periods (I'm talking years rather than months here).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.10.2008, 01:13 PM   #23
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
My usual useless asinine service resumed presently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.10.2008, 01:18 PM   #24
█████████
expwy. to yr skull

█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses
basicly, what glice is saying is that you should take speed.
█████████ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.10.2008, 01:51 PM   #25
Green_mind
the end of the ugly

Green_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's asses
Good advice Glice, I have a butt-tonne of work to get on with, left it all to the last minute again.
Green_mind is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.10.2008, 04:10 PM   #26
Kina
children of satan

Kina kicks all y'all's assesKina kicks all y'all's assesKina kicks all y'all's assesKina kicks all y'all's assesKina kicks all y'all's assesKina kicks all y'all's assesKina kicks all y'all's assesKina kicks all y'all's assesKina kicks all y'all's assesKina kicks all y'all's assesKina kicks all y'all's asses
I second that getting enough sleep helps, I'm not sure if it was the nature of my degree or what, but the pattern seemed to be: Get design brief, do research, make first design sketches and think of initial concept, bring in to class, get told to keep making more sketches, rethink concept to be more (insert some random abstract word here that lecturer thinks of that day) or rethink it altogether, go back and rethink, do more research, rethink, more sketches, bring back to class with more directions to rethink/change for all the weeks up until the week before it is due, then the last week be up all hours making the model until it's ready for the presentation on the due date, come in to present model with half an hours sleep behind me, and having to grab a good presentation space in the studio with all the other frantic sleep-deprived class-mates also wanting the best place to present, put presentation boards and the model up, and have to present this to the group on how very wonderful my design and concept are while being totally sleep deprived and just wishing I was asleep let alone promoting my design and concept to the class. I don't know how I could've actually had sleep and still got good marks in my projects but I would have been much more motivated with something resembling a normal nights sleep
Kina is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.10.2008, 04:55 PM   #27
phoenix
invito al cielo

phoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pookie
Straighten up and fly right.

hehhee. now slap me.
Old 03.10.2008, 04:56 PM   #28
phoenix
invito al cielo

phoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by █████████
basicly, what glice is saying is that you should take speed.

I'm allergic
Old 03.10.2008, 04:57 PM   #29
Cantankerous
invito al cielo

Cantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's asses
motivation? i have none. i didn't even want to get up to put my tater tots in the oven.
Old 03.10.2008, 04:58 PM   #30
phoenix
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbradley
I hate the beginning of essays where I have to define shit and give accounts and fart around. Let me get to my thesis! Let me stab the lion in the heart!

Im not very good at essay writing. I find it hard to say in 3,000 words what I feel should only take 1,000, and keep it interesting.
Old 03.10.2008, 04:59 PM   #31
phoenix
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kina
I know how you feel pheonix, I am having troubles with motivation, or maybe just believing in myself at the moment, see I studied design but liked more of the branding/advertising psychology side of things as opposed to the pixel-pushing aspect of things, which I was expected to do when I finished uni, just like all my friends did. So I'm finding it hard to find my place in the workplace and it's hard to find something right for me, and I have been considering of doing some further study for the last couple of years and have finally decided to do that

go do visual merch?
Old 03.10.2008, 05:00 PM   #32
phoenix
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by floatingslowly
which email would that be? I was under the impression that ALL email I send out is robot email.

my name is floatingslowly, and I never change.

it was like

all the robots love you forever

they'll shoot anything you dont like with laser beams

lifetime warranty

love spacerock

but like you know, email form and longer. it was thebest.
Old 03.10.2008, 05:03 PM   #33
Kina
children of satan

Kina kicks all y'all's assesKina kicks all y'all's assesKina kicks all y'all's assesKina kicks all y'all's assesKina kicks all y'all's assesKina kicks all y'all's assesKina kicks all y'all's assesKina kicks all y'all's assesKina kicks all y'all's assesKina kicks all y'all's assesKina kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix
go do visual merch?

I'm actually gonna start some study in marketing in a couple of months, so I will see how that goes
Kina is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth