Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page SHELLAC coming to Sofia
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04.17.2008, 07:20 AM   #21
ZEROpumpkins
invito al cielo

ZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard sucka
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicfit
ha ha we've been shentless apprentices without you :P
welcome back man, shellac will rock your ass.
Hahahahahahaha
Old 04.17.2008, 09:24 AM   #22
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
shentov! You lucky lucky bad-ass you! How have you been? I have been curious as to what you have been up to lately!

I was lucky lucky lucky enough to be graced with a shellac show at a club literally 30 steps from my front door last year. They played Houston for the first time ever. Don;t know why, but they did. It was AMAZING.

Fuck was it amazing. I took like 5 people with me o hear their ears get blasted out their assholes. It was so fucking good

so HEAVY so loud so tight. Watch Todd Trainer on drums, he is a fucking MONSTER. amazing amazing drummer. your balls will quiver.

Steve Albini and Bob Weston wear their guitars on belts around their waist. Albini has been doing this since the Big Black days, I think to take strain off his back. They will fucking blow you away. they do not say much between songs but ussually Bob Weston will ask questions of the crowd or take questions from the crowd.

My friend at the Houston show asked "Why did you come to Houston?" and Albini laughed and Bob said "we just heard about it" o r something to that effect, which was very funny.

steve will ussually be selling shellac t-shirts (the one I bought was like an old gym class style shirt.) after the show and you can talk to him. he is a very nice guy, but he does not like the stupid shit.

Oh man I am so jealous. I never ever thought I would get to see shellac live and when it happened it was amazing. brutal. best of luck my sonic friend.
Old 04.17.2008, 12:19 PM   #23
andrei
expwy. to yr skull

andrei kicks all y'all's assesandrei kicks all y'all's assesandrei kicks all y'all's assesandrei kicks all y'all's assesandrei kicks all y'all's assesandrei kicks all y'all's assesandrei kicks all y'all's assesandrei kicks all y'all's assesandrei kicks all y'all's assesandrei kicks all y'all's assesandrei kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by shentov
tickets are 15 leva (~8 euro), the venue is limited to 200 people, still not sold out, but i guess it will be soon. my advise (if you decide to come over) is to arrange tickets earlyer here- office@radiotangra.com.
place: Backsyage club (100 Vasil Levski blvd., Sofia)
i'd answer more questions, if you have, i'd like to help you!

shentov

wow, that's really cheap. Thanks for the infos! I'll try to sell me Kronos ticket and if i'll succed i'll PM you!
andrei is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.17.2008, 12:30 PM   #24
king_buzzo
invito al cielo

king_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's asses
yes. theyre coming to serbia, i'll see them.

also, they were one of the best shows ever.
king_buzzo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.15.2008, 10:42 AM   #25
shentov
expwy. to yr skull

shentov kicks all y'all's assesshentov kicks all y'all's assesshentov kicks all y'all's assesshentov kicks all y'all's assesshentov kicks all y'all's assesshentov kicks all y'all's assesshentov kicks all y'all's assesshentov kicks all y'all's assesshentov kicks all y'all's assesshentov kicks all y'all's assesshentov kicks all y'all's asses
boy, was that one of the most amazing show i've ever witnessed?! hell, yeah!
( i was thinking of whole another thread to spread the word about that experiense, but i thought it'd be a lame thing to do, so i'd just post here )

so, it was a couple of days since they played in Sofia (12 may) but my ears are still ringing (well, not literally, but still). generally this show counts to my top 5 best ever shows i've been to ( SY. Mudhoney. Nomeansno. Logh. Buzzcocks. )

they played a great playlist. played both of my favorite songs- prayer to god, squirrel song. that says enough (for me). steve checked the gear wearing a one-piece working suit (i dont know the word... DEVO has those suits for example- get it?!), then he got it off and played the show in torn jeans and a super ordinary t-shirt, after the last song he got back in it while selling t-shirts and chatting with the audience. they did the question thing between the songs. steve and bob were awesome and kind, i asked them q's for the travis bean guitars, and they answered just like friends, great feeling! near the end of the show they said "three more songs" and played exactly three more songs- i liked that, most of the time i really hate the "c'mon, play some moooore!" moments on gigs. in the end of the last song they dropped their guitars really fast and started dismantling (sp?) tod's drums until he stood there only with his sticks in his hands. then he dropped them in the audience (and gave away the rest of his drumsticks right after that) note: he beats really monstrous- his drumsticks were f**kin' torn from beating the drums!
after the show they were selling tees on the stage, talked with the people really friendly, took pictures with everybody w/o saying anything... before they could pick a drink or take a piss... you know... and many people wanted to take pictures. i wanted to get my ticket signed and asked steve to "do the rock star thing" (get my ticket autographed)- he lauged really sincere, seems he enjoyed the joke i wanted to get one of those "lomo" logo designed t-shirts, but didn't had money... that was sad for me, but anyway.

here are some pictures from the show. i'm lost for words anyway... that was really a dream came true for me.

SHELLAC rocked my ass off!

some pics with me and the band:
http://koeficient.blogspot.com/2008/05/shellac.html
and a few more from the show on myspace too- www.myspace.com/shentov
Old 05.15.2008, 10:47 AM   #26
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
I am so glad to hear it shentov!!!!!

when they played Dog & Pony Show in Houston I fucking erupted man.
Old 05.16.2008, 11:32 AM   #27
copper
bad moon rising

copper kicks all y'all's assescopper kicks all y'all's assescopper kicks all y'all's assescopper kicks all y'all's assescopper kicks all y'all's assescopper kicks all y'all's assescopper kicks all y'all's assescopper kicks all y'all's assescopper kicks all y'all's assescopper kicks all y'all's assescopper kicks all y'all's asses
^ dog and pony song. and bob doesn't wear belt straps.

i saw them a week ago on a boat. i bought a t-shirt from steve and was standing like 10 inches away from him (stage was really low) while they played. it was the best show i went to hands down. they didnt even have their normal shellac amps but some other ones and they still blew everyone away.
copper is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.16.2008, 11:43 AM   #28
nicfit
invito al cielo

nicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by copper
^ dog and pony song.
it's "show" actually.
welcome onboard btw!
nicfit is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.16.2008, 11:54 AM   #29
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by copper
^ dog and pony song. and bob doesn't wear belt straps.

i saw them a week ago on a boat. i bought a t-shirt from steve and was standing like 10 inches away from him (stage was really low) while they played. it was the best show i went to hands down. they didnt even have their normal shellac amps but some other ones and they still blew everyone away.

it is dog and pony show
and in Houston Bob wore the belt strap
Old 05.16.2008, 11:55 AM   #30
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

those are some great pictuires Shentov
Old 07.12.2008, 12:14 PM   #31
shentov
expwy. to yr skull

shentov kicks all y'all's assesshentov kicks all y'all's assesshentov kicks all y'all's assesshentov kicks all y'all's assesshentov kicks all y'all's assesshentov kicks all y'all's assesshentov kicks all y'all's assesshentov kicks all y'all's assesshentov kicks all y'all's assesshentov kicks all y'all's assesshentov kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
those are some great pictuires Shentov

i see that answer pretty late, but... anyway, do you notice how dull i do look while posing w/ Steve and my pal Alex? it always happens to me when i reach some of my fav bands/players and have the chance to take a pic w/ them. comes out i look like someone put 220 volts up my butt while taking the shot. i love them photos anyway
the show of the year, period.

(i could be seeing bjork, but it really couldn't compete, nevertheless i love the lady so much...)

peace to all

PS this place is becoming more and more a total mess every time i come back online from a month like absence (sp?)

shentov
Old 07.12.2008, 01:27 PM   #32
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

PAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's asses
shentov.. you are missed like a thing that has really been missed!

shellac dublin in october ......... yay!
Old 07.13.2008, 11:05 AM   #33
shentov
expwy. to yr skull

awesome, buddy. i want to see dublin as well (someday). heard nice things about the place from friends who've been there last month.
mostly beer stories and pissing on the streets though, but they bet they've had a glorious times.

peace attack
Old 07.13.2008, 11:55 AM   #34
_slavo_
invito al cielo

_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses
hello shentov. nice to see you again.

you're the boy

that can enjoy
invisibility
_slavo_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.13.2008, 12:23 PM   #35
MellySingsDoom
invito al cielo

MellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's asses
Great pics shentov, and welcome back to the SY Board.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth