Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page necklaces, amulets, pendants, chains, crosses, etc etc [are a trip arent they?]
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05.26.2008, 02:44 PM   #61
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by o'connor
so rastafari is an offshoot of christianity? if i sound dumb it's because i know nothing of religion because truthfully it bores me to no end. now that haile selassie guy i know about. one of my best friends is from jamaica and his parents named him john haileselassie brown! that kid cracks me up too, he'd take a bullet for ya.

His Grace Abba Yesehaq

Abuna Yesehaq was sent to the West by His Imperial Majesty Emperor Haile Selassie the First as a Shepherd for the Rastaman primarily. Not to Convert Rasta to worship the European Colonial version of Christ but to strengthen them;it is the fulfillment of prophecy.
The Original Rastaman for example Joseph Hibbert were all man of Christian Principles; notwithstanding we worship Christ through the Spectacles of Ethiopia as Marcus Garvey Prophesied. We asked His Majesty for the Ethiopian Orthodox Church to come to us in Jamaica and Abba Laike Mandefro later Abuna Yesehaq was sent, it was by invitation. Further, Abba loves every Rastaman as he is, the way he saw them in the beginning of his trod here in the West. Notwithstanding the Rastaman who is a member of the Ethiopian Orthodox Church is a man of principle and understanding. Once a Rastaman said to him "...Your Grace, I do not like all this controversy I will stop calling myself Rasta, I am just Orthodox." Abba replied "...No, No! you are Rasta Orthodox." Some even try to discredit Bob Marley as if he was converted when he was baptized into the Holy Ethiopian Orthodox Church. They do not know anything about Bob if they believe that this lion could be changed from his stance. Everything Bob did was for Haile Selassie the First when Bob found out that this is the life of the King, and that you cannot separate His Majesty or Ethiopia from the Orthodox Church they are one and further more as Abba said "...The connection between Rasta and His Majesty is perfect." This is the Zion Train, the soul train with 2000 years of Black History that cannot be wiped so easily. Bob realized that this is the fulfillment of the prophecy of redemption for Africans and righteous people. In his realization there was no conversion just more knowledge, more strength to say what he was saying.

His Majesty kisses Abuna Yesehaq's Maskal(cross) When Abba Yesehaq came to the west it was the power and Authority of His Imperial Majesty that came to the west, why did Israel not come unto their own?

Abba Yesehaq came to give us the true teaching of Christ which is unpolluted by Rome and Western Christianity. Abba baptized 45,000 Rasta people not to convert anyone. His Majesty sent Abba Yesehaq here to give us the protection and the integrity of the holy Orthodox Church.We stretched out our hands to God and Abuna Yesehaq came to Rasta people specifically ,in order to fulfill our deepest spiritual needs and desires; "... Ethiopia has come to you, It was God that sent me here you know,If you do not listen to me who will you listen to." Abba Yesehaq is the good shepherd and the good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep. Notwithstanding, Abba is full of life and Death has no part or lot with that man.
Blessed be Our Lord Eyesus Kristos the Black Christ who was born from the Virgin Mary for our Salvation, Blessed Be His Imperial Majesty Emperor Haile Selassie the First, King Of Kings, Lord Of Lords, Conquering Lion of the Tribe of Judah, Elect of God and Light of the World, Blessed Be His Eminence Abuna Yesehaq, Lord Chief, High Priest of Salvation.

http://www.abbayesehaq.com/aboutabba.htm

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.26.2008, 03:23 PM   #62
o'connor
expwy. to yr skull

o'connor kicks all y'all's asseso'connor kicks all y'all's asseso'connor kicks all y'all's asseso'connor kicks all y'all's asseso'connor kicks all y'all's asseso'connor kicks all y'all's asseso'connor kicks all y'all's asseso'connor kicks all y'all's asseso'connor kicks all y'all's asseso'connor kicks all y'all's asseso'connor kicks all y'all's asses
not too sound like a dick but i was kinda hoping for an explanation in yr own words, like lamens terms i guess. i told ya, religion bores me to no end.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001798646886 - Personal

http://soundcloud.com/j-o-c-o - JoCo (Music)

http://soundcloud.com/driftera - Drift Era (Music)
o'connor is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.26.2008, 06:26 PM   #63
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
not too sound like a dick but i was kinda hoping for an explanation in yr own words, like lamens terms i guess. i told ya, religion bores me to no end.

well in that case. the answer is yes.

so the Emperor= divine
Ethiopia = holy land
the bible = guide book
Ethiopian Orthodox Church = the sacred and holy traditions of the Old Testament God, preserved and perpetuated into the New through Jesus Christ.

Old 05.26.2008, 11:23 PM   #64
o'connor
expwy. to yr skull

o'connor kicks all y'all's asseso'connor kicks all y'all's asseso'connor kicks all y'all's asseso'connor kicks all y'all's asseso'connor kicks all y'all's asseso'connor kicks all y'all's asseso'connor kicks all y'all's asseso'connor kicks all y'all's asseso'connor kicks all y'all's asseso'connor kicks all y'all's asseso'connor kicks all y'all's asses
alright cool, i appreciate you dumbing it down for me . this is probably gonna sound dumb so bear w/ me, and i hope it doesn't offend you cause that's not what i'm trying to do. i always "assumed" that rastafari was a form of zionism (not that i know anything about zionism, i just know it's out there), cause in reggae songs their always singing about zion. once again, i'm dumb when it comes to religion and polotics so please dont' make too much fun

Old 05.27.2008, 01:31 PM   #65
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
alright cool, i appreciate you dumbing it down for me . this is probably gonna sound dumb so bear w/ me, and i hope it doesn't offend you cause that's not what i'm trying to do. i always "assumed" that rastafari was a form of zionism (not that i know anything about zionism, i just know it's out there), cause in reggae songs their always singing about zion. once again, i'm dumb when it comes to religion and polotics so please dont' make too much fun

Rastafari is the truest form of Zionism. let me explain.

Zion is a small rocky hill in Jerusalem. It is named Zion because it is the place where david was told by Prophet Gad [Chronicles 22] to place the Ark of the Covenant and establish a Temple site. The Ark of the Covenant, a medium sized wooden chest plated in gold, built by Moses, searched for by Indiana Jones, was named "Zion" and the hill was then named after the Ark, hence calling it Mount Zion. Today jewish zionism in relation to looking for the homeland and in particular, building a temple on that same hill. however, Rastafari zionism is much different. We are not looking for that Hill iin Jerusalem, we are looking for that little gold plated box which is the ACTUAL ZION, and which is in Ethiopia, and whihc the Emperors of Ethiopia are the legal and legitimate owners, and so we praise them as divine. We are old school zionists in this regard, literally, and not just figuratively.

Old 05.27.2008, 01:40 PM   #66
girlgun
invito al cielo

girlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's asses
to answer the original question, i always wear a necklace of some sort. i have a silver chain with small padlock pendant on today and a really long sterling chain i made with tanzanite beads. sometimes i wear my pistol and sometimes i wear an old art nouveau moon. sometimes i wear some beads, but generally it's some sort of silver chain/pendant combo. no real significance... just things that are "me".
girlgun is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.27.2008, 01:43 PM   #67
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by girlgun
to answer the original question, i always wear a necklace of some sort. i have a silver chain with small padlock pendant on today and a really long sterling chain i made with tanzanite beads. sometimes i wear my pistol and sometimes i wear an old art nouveau moon. sometimes i wear some beads, but generally it's some sort of silver chain/pendant combo. no real significance... just things that are "me".

these are exactly the kind of interesting responses i was looking for! religious crap around the neck I obviously understand, but regular and even novelty things I do not, could you perhaps explain what makes you wear them?

Old 05.27.2008, 01:55 PM   #68
girlgun
invito al cielo

girlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
these are exactly the kind of interesting responses i was looking for! religious crap around the neck I obviously understand, but regular and even novelty things I do not, could you perhaps explain what makes you wear them?

i like pretty things. i like things that sparkle. i like the way the necklaces look against my chest. i like to play with them when i have them on. as far as beads, i love stones and if i was not wearing them, i'd probably have them in my pocket.

and beyond the necklaces, i wear a dragon cuff on my left arm that i bought years ago and 3 bangles on my right wrist. i wear a white gold/ diamond wedding ring and a big garnet ring on my right hand that i bought in spain. i wear two little silver bands on my second toe on my right foot and periodically change my earrings.

it's body adornment. but the things i wear, i do choose them because they represent me in some form or fashion.
girlgun is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.27.2008, 02:05 PM   #69
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by girlgun
i like pretty things. i like things that sparkle. i like the way the necklaces look against my chest. i like to play with them when i have them on. as far as beads, i love stones and if i was not wearing them

i believe this is the key to the magic and appeal right there! the origin and meaning concisely defined!

gobez! [brilliant!]

Old 05.29.2008, 06:14 PM   #70
o'connor
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
Rastafari is the truest form of Zionism. let me explain.

Zion is a small rocky hill in Jerusalem. It is named Zion because it is the place where david was told by Prophet Gad [Chronicles 22] to place the Ark of the Covenant and establish a Temple site. The Ark of the Covenant, a medium sized wooden chest plated in gold, built by Moses, searched for by Indiana Jones, was named "Zion" and the hill was then named after the Ark, hence calling it Mount Zion. Today jewish zionism in relation to looking for the homeland and in particular, building a temple on that same hill. however, Rastafari zionism is much different. We are not looking for that Hill iin Jerusalem, we are looking for that little gold plated box which is the ACTUAL ZION, and which is in Ethiopia, and whihc the Emperors of Ethiopia are the legal and legitimate owners, and so we praise them as divine. We are old school zionists in this regard, literally, and not just figuratively.

oh so i was on teh right track then. well thanks for explaining that to me and having patience, good job good sir.

Old 05.29.2008, 06:21 PM   #71
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

yalechegger [no trouble!]

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth