Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page A Foreign Affair: Ukranian Brides
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05.25.2006, 07:03 PM   #1
noumenal
expwy. to yr skull

noumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard sucka
http://www.loveme.com/

I read an article about this stuff recently. Apparently you can go to Ukraine or wherever, pick a wife, get engaged, and bring her back to the USA for under $10,000.

Recently, the US passed a law that requires men who are doing this to have background checks done and all of their records available to the women. This is funny (from the wesite):

"The United States Government has passed recent legislation (Violence Against Women and Department of Justice Reauthorization Act, subtitle D sec. 831-834) that will soon make it somewhat more cumbersome for you to make initial contact with foreign women."

No shit. If you have a history of violence against women or are a sex offender, you might have a harder time "buying" a woman from another coutry to take home.

For the most part, the guys that do this are older men who are looking for a combination of old-fashioned 50's style submissiveness (i.e. doing what you're told, cooking meals, cleaning, shitting out babies (maybe)) and supposed sexual openness due to the recent liberation of parts of Eastern Europe from Soviet control.

errr...thoughts?
noumenal is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.25.2006, 07:55 PM   #2
flophousefloozie
expwy. to yr skull

flophousefloozie kicks all y'all's assesflophousefloozie kicks all y'all's assesflophousefloozie kicks all y'all's assesflophousefloozie kicks all y'all's assesflophousefloozie kicks all y'all's assesflophousefloozie kicks all y'all's assesflophousefloozie kicks all y'all's assesflophousefloozie kicks all y'all's assesflophousefloozie kicks all y'all's assesflophousefloozie kicks all y'all's assesflophousefloozie kicks all y'all's asses
in a nutshell, fucked up?
flophousefloozie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.25.2006, 09:32 PM   #3
SpectralJulianIsNotDead
invito al cielo

SpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's asses
I don't know.

Imagine a man that has 10k, has given up on love, wants a female companion to live with him, and wants to help someone out.

He goes, gets a ukranian mail order bride that has two children, takes her and her children home, buys them a bunch of clothes, buys them good food, and has them live with him in a nice big American house. They could even move into a large city so that she can make friends that are also from the Ukraine. She'd be getting all that in return for what? Affection, cleaning, and cooking.

The more reputable russian mail order bride websites usually want you to maintain contact with them for awhile, visit them once, go back home, and then later send for her, and the woman can always refuse if she doesn't like you.

It isn't 100% evil. There are some happy russian mail order bride marriages. I'm sure most of them do end quickly because of alterior motives on either side of the agreement.
SpectralJulianIsNotDead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.25.2006, 09:42 PM   #4
noumenal
expwy. to yr skull

noumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard sucka
Sure, there can be a good side to it.
noumenal is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.25.2006, 11:04 PM   #5
SpectralJulianIsNotDead
invito al cielo

SpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by noumenal
Sure, there can be a good side to it.

Damn right there is.

Character:Im a modest and shy person. I have got a good sense of humor. Im very romantic. I love my family, my friends and adore animals. I have got a steady and calm character. My sign of the zodiac is scorpion.

Interests:I like very much traveling. I have visited many cities of my country. I like to read books and especially novels. I like cooking and baking cakes. I spend my free time in communicating with friends.I adore music and I can even play guitar (a little).

Looking For Type:I want to see near me a nice man, who will love, understand and support me. He must be ready to give me all his love and attention. I am looking for an interesting, romantic person with good sense of humour of course. He must love children.

Her ambiguously vague description is just what I'm looking for in a woman!
SpectralJulianIsNotDead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth