Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page where is nice to stay in Cape Cod
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07.22.2008, 08:18 AM   #1
musefreek
bad moon rising

musefreek kicks all y'all's assesmusefreek kicks all y'all's assesmusefreek kicks all y'all's assesmusefreek kicks all y'all's assesmusefreek kicks all y'all's assesmusefreek kicks all y'all's assesmusefreek kicks all y'all's assesmusefreek kicks all y'all's assesmusefreek kicks all y'all's assesmusefreek kicks all y'all's assesmusefreek kicks all y'all's asses
i have 4 days in the Cape Cod area, 2 of which i'm staying in Provincetown.

can anyone please recommend 2 other places where it's nice to stay (with beaches, restaurants) for the remaining 2 days.

any recommendations much appreciated!
musefreek is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.22.2008, 08:30 AM   #2
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
Hyanis is awesome. It has a good record store (Spinakers) and has a kind of touristy boardwalk main street vibe. Very close to the beach. Good food.
noisereductions is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.22.2008, 08:39 AM   #3
batreleaser
invito al cielo

batreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's asses
hyannis is fucking horrible, and so is spinnaker. youre better off with newbury comics. and close to the beach? its the cape, everthing is close to the fucking beach. id avoid hyannis like the plague, its all tourist attractions, ugly quasi ghettos, shopping malls, and bullshit traffic. unless you wana shop n a rainy day.

im from sandiwch mass in cape cod, which is exits 2,3, and 4 off route 6. so, if you wanna go to the best beaches with surfing and big waves and great food and hot chicks, go to nauset. the the coast guard beach and white crest beach are both fucking killer. absolutley beautiful, always a good crowd. while youre there go to the beach comber, which is a bar right on the beach, with music, lousy music but music nonetheless, great food, tons of booze, and a huge fraty crowd. besides that, id stay in provinctown most of the time. all in all, the cape is fucking fantastic in the summer, but living here is awful, i hate it, its boring and everyone here in sandwich is ignorant and/or stupid. sandwich is actually one of the few republican towns in massachusetts. thats why i go to school in arizona, to avoid the cold and the morons.

anyways, i hope i was some help. if you have any more questions email me at alehrer1@email.arizona.edu and i can give you my phone number. have a good time! (and you prolly know but provincetown can get a little in your face strange on night in the summer, but theres great drugs down there).

listen to pink reason
batreleaser is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.22.2008, 08:44 AM   #4
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
Oh. Sorry.

I still like Spinakers better than Newbury Comics. They have better DVD selection and carry more bootlegs and imports. And better t-shirts.
Old 07.22.2008, 08:53 AM   #5
musefreek
bad moon rising

musefreek kicks all y'all's assesmusefreek kicks all y'all's assesmusefreek kicks all y'all's assesmusefreek kicks all y'all's assesmusefreek kicks all y'all's assesmusefreek kicks all y'all's assesmusefreek kicks all y'all's assesmusefreek kicks all y'all's assesmusefreek kicks all y'all's assesmusefreek kicks all y'all's assesmusefreek kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by batreleaser
hyannis is fucking horrible, and so is spinnaker. youre better off with newbury comics. and close to the beach? its the cape, everthing is close to the fucking beach. id avoid hyannis like the plague, its all tourist attractions, ugly quasi ghettos, shopping malls, and bullshit traffic. unless you wana shop n a rainy day.

im from sandiwch mass in cape cod, which is exits 2,3, and 4 off route 6. so, if you wanna go to the best beaches with surfing and big waves and great food and hot chicks, go to nauset. the the coast guard beach and white crest beach are both fucking killer. absolutley beautiful, always a good crowd. while youre there go to the beach comber, which is a bar right on the beach, with music, lousy music but music nonetheless, great food, tons of booze, and a huge fraty crowd. besides that, id stay in provinctown most of the time. all in all, the cape is fucking fantastic in the summer, but living here is awful, i hate it, its boring and everyone here in sandwich is ignorant and/or stupid. sandwich is actually one of the few republican towns in massachusetts. thats why i go to school in arizona, to avoid the cold and the morons.

anyways, i hope i was some help. if you have any more questions email me at alehrer1@email.arizona.edu and i can give you my phone number. have a good time! (and you prolly know but provincetown can get a little in your face strange on night in the summer, but theres great drugs down there).

hey, thanks loads! i might shoot you an email later on to get more detailed info.

much appreciated.
musefreek is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.22.2008, 09:06 AM   #6
batreleaser
invito al cielo

batreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's asses
they have better t shirts, but thats it. newbury comics always has great dvds, much much much better music selection (thugh still not great) and AMAZING prices. youll rarely pay more than 10 bucks for good music or films. and the dude who runs spinnaker is a DICKHEAD, completley un friendly, and always thinks people are ripping him off. the dudes at newbury are actually my friends, who all love good music, but dont judge people who like shit, and theyre kind to all thier customers. fuck it, go to armageddon in providence (the shop owned by the dudes from dropdead).

listen to pink reason
batreleaser is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.22.2008, 09:14 AM   #7
noisereductions
invito al cielo

Havent been to Armageddon in years. Last time I was there I picked up KILL ANY/ALL SPIN... by Thurston/Beck/Surgal!

I like Spinakers DVD section a lot, b/c they carry a lot of import and rare horror (pretty much the only dvds I buy). Spinakers hip hop section is terrible though. Even BestBuy beats them there.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth