Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page cannot wait for WATCHMEN
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08.22.2008, 02:07 PM   #1
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Kevin smith, director and Rob Instigator look-alike,

got to see the new Watchmen movie (3.5 hours long) at the invitiation of the filmmaker and he says this

“I saw Watchmen. It’s fucking astounding. The Non-Disclosure Agreement I signed prevents me from saying much, but I can spout the following with complete joygasmic enthusiasm: Snyder and Co. have pulled it off. Remember that feeling of watching Sin City on the big screen and being blown away by what a faithful translation of the source material it was, in terms of both content and visuals? Triple that, and you’ll come close to watching Watchmen.”
Old 08.22.2008, 02:10 PM   #2
Sonic Youth 37
invito al cielo

Location: if there is a bright spot in the universe, the farthest point from it
Sonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's asses
Watchmen looks really cool from the previews that I've seen. Great minds beard alike.
Old 08.22.2008, 02:43 PM   #3
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
Kevin smith, director and Rob Instigator look-alike,

got to see the new Watchmen movie (3.5 hours long) at the invitiation of the filmmaker and he says this

“I saw Watchmen. It’s fucking astounding. The Non-Disclosure Agreement I signed prevents me from saying much, but I can spout the following with complete joygasmic enthusiasm: Snyder and Co. have pulled it off. Remember that feeling of watching Sin City on the big screen and being blown away by what a faithful translation of the source material it was, in terms of both content and visuals? Triple that, and you’ll come close to watching Watchmen.”

ha ha-- kevin smith is a talky motherfucker-- he'll spin 1 minute of bad footage into 40 minutes of "commentary".

funny thing though, i'm reading watchmen right now. and i mean i just took a break from in & came to look at the interwebs.

saw the trailer the other day, looks good...
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.22.2008, 04:40 PM   #4
LifeDistortion
expwy. to yr skull

LifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's asses
So you've heard that there is a lawsuit being filed by Fox against Warner Bros. to stop the release of the movie?

http://hollywoodinsider.ew.com/2008/...en-lawsui.html

Apparantly its got some merit. Guess there's some kind of conflict of intrest saying that Fox had the rights to the film for awhile. I don't understand though why its taken so long for this to come out. They could have tried to stop this movie from getting made before cameras even started rolling, but now the movie is completed and who knows, worst case scenario this movie's release changes and the movie hangs in limbo.
LifeDistortion is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.22.2008, 04:51 PM   #5
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
they ahve been trying to makethe movie for a decade or more, and it has gone to three diffefent studios
Old 08.22.2008, 05:20 PM   #6
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
finished the komik book about an hour away. i am kinda disappointed. the book peddler had promised mind-blowing stuff of epic proportions but i think reading borges ruins one for this planted-sources pop genre. so, PREACHER remains the most fucking fun comic book i've ever read. this one-- ok.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.22.2008, 05:34 PM   #7
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
YES! PREACHER!!!!!!!!!!! I haven't even thought of that comic in at least a decade.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.22.2008, 11:23 PM   #8
Silent Dan Speaks
the destroyed room

Silent Dan Speaks kicks all y'all's assesSilent Dan Speaks kicks all y'all's assesSilent Dan Speaks kicks all y'all's assesSilent Dan Speaks kicks all y'all's assesSilent Dan Speaks kicks all y'all's assesSilent Dan Speaks kicks all y'all's assesSilent Dan Speaks kicks all y'all's assesSilent Dan Speaks kicks all y'all's assesSilent Dan Speaks kicks all y'all's assesSilent Dan Speaks kicks all y'all's assesSilent Dan Speaks kicks all y'all's asses
I'm still worried they'll blow it.
Silent Dan Speaks is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth