Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page my ever growing vinyl collection
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06.13.2006, 05:13 PM   #61
Hip Priest
invito al cielo

Hip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pookie
Senseless Things! I knew loads of people who liked that sort of thing but it was never for me. I was listening to Sonic Youth, Butthole Surfers, Big Black etc at the time so that pop punk stuff all sounded a bit bland to me in comparison. And I also have that 3 track single with Steinski, and a great one from the NME with a great version of Hardcore Hip Hop by Mantronix.

I've just had a look, in fact: I don't have that NME one. In fact, I seem to have a good few from something called 'Record Mirror', which I can't actually remember!Highlights include Coldcut,Trouble Funk, Stump ('Ice The Levant'), Happy Mondays, The Stupids.

One that might be of interest to this board (that I'm not too bothered about) has both The Pixies ('Hey' live), and Dinosaur Jr ('Throw Down') as well as The Mission and Throwing Muses. It's from Sounds.

Other flexis don't seem to be of anyone of note, although Hangman's Beautiful Daughters is a fine name for a band, and I will play their two-track flexi in the morning, see what they sound like.

I'm enjoying this thread.

Abhor that which is evil; cleave to that which is good.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/outsidethecamp/
Hip Priest is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.13.2006, 05:20 PM   #62
Pookie
invito al cielo

Pookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's asses
Who didn't like PWEI? Fantastic live. Same goes for me with Peel, although I never took much notice of SY until I saw them support Jesus & Mary Chain at Hammersmith Palais in 1985(?). I didn't know who they were but went out and bought Bad Moon Rising the next day. To me at the time it was just the WEIRDEST music I'd ever heard. And that's when I started experimenting with other US bands...And found it very frustrating trying to get hold of a lot of the stuff. It meant that each bit of VINYL (remembering the thread I'm on!) I bought was incredibly special. Must stop now or I'll continue rambling...
Pookie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.13.2006, 05:21 PM   #63
SpectralJulianIsNotDead
invito al cielo

SpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's asses
White groups? At hammersmith palais? Really?
SpectralJulianIsNotDead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth