Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Melkam Genna! Merry Christmas! (Eastern/Ethiopian Orthodox)
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01.07.2009, 02:18 PM   #1
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Enkwan Leberhanu Lidet Adereseh! (Congratulations For the Birth of the Light Which Has Arrived!)

Melkam Genna! (Happy Christmas!)

For all of you who follow the old school Julian calendar like myself, merry Christmas (Eastern Orthodox) (take that Pope Gregory!)

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.07.2009, 02:26 PM   #2
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
And so the kings have come, and they have seen the heavenly King that has come upon the earth, not bringing with Him Angels, nor Archangels, nor Thrones, nor Dominations, nor Powers, nor Principalities, but, treading a new and solitary path, He has come forth from a spotless womb.
Yet He has not forsaken His angels, nor left them deprived of His care, nor because of His Incarnation has he departed from the Godhead.
And behold,
Kings have come, that they might adore the heavenly King of glory;
Soldiers, that they might serve the Leader of the Hosts of Heaven;
Women, that they might adore Him Who was born of a woman so that He might change the pains of child-birth into joy;
Virgins, to the Son of the Virgin, beholding with joy, that He Who is the Giver of milk, Who has decreed that the fountains of the breast pour forth in ready streams, receives from a Virgin Mother the food of infancy;
Infants, that they may adore Him Who became a little child, so that out of the mouth of infants and sucklings, He might perfect praise;
Children, to the Child Who raised up martyrs through the rage of Herod;
Men, to Him Who became man, that He might heal the miseries of His servants;
Shepherds, to the Good Shepherd Who has laid down His life for His sheep;
Priests, to Him Who has become a High Priest according to the order of Melchisedech;
Servants, to Him Who took upon Himself the form of a servant that He might bless our servitude with the reward of freedom;
Fishermen, to Him Who from amongst fishermen chose catchers of men;
Publicans, to Him Who from amongst them named a chosen Evangelist;
Sinful women, to Him Who exposed His feet to the tears of the repentant;

And that I may embrace them all together, all sinners have come, that they may look upon the Lamb of God Who taketh away the sins of the world.
Since therefore all rejoice, I too desire to rejoice. I too wish to share the choral dance, to celebrate the festival. But I take my part, not plucking the harp, not shaking the Thyrsian staff, not with the music of pipes, nor holding a torch, but holding in my arms the cradle of Christ. For this is all my hope, this my life, this my salvation, this my pipe, my harp."

John Crysostom

Old 01.07.2009, 02:40 PM   #3
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
yesterday was Three Kings Day, when traditionally, children were given gifts, like Jesus was given gifts by the three Kings. Gold, frankincense and Myrrh.

When I was young, in puerto rico, we did not celebrate santa claus. my dad, being an episcopal priest, always waited until the epiphany to give us gifts. we would leave water and straw for the camels!!!!
my folks would scatter the straw to make it look like the camels had gone upstairs. It was awesome.

most kids got their gifts on the 25th, due to the USA's santa influence.
Old 01.07.2009, 02:43 PM   #4
pbradley
invito al cielo

pbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's asses
I celebrate Jesus Christ's birth on May 12th.
pbradley is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.07.2009, 03:23 PM   #5
Daddylikes
the end of the ugly

Daddylikes kicks all y'all's assesDaddylikes kicks all y'all's assesDaddylikes kicks all y'all's assesDaddylikes kicks all y'all's assesDaddylikes kicks all y'all's assesDaddylikes kicks all y'all's assesDaddylikes kicks all y'all's assesDaddylikes kicks all y'all's assesDaddylikes kicks all y'all's assesDaddylikes kicks all y'all's assesDaddylikes kicks all y'all's asses
I celebrate on September the 12th.
Daddylikes is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.07.2009, 05:29 PM   #6
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
yesterday was Three Kings Day, when traditionally, children were given gifts, like Jesus was given gifts by the three Kings. Gold, frankincense and Myrrh.

When I was young, in puerto rico, we did not celebrate santa claus. my dad, being an episcopal priest, always waited until the epiphany to give us gifts. we would leave water and straw for the camels!!!!
my folks would scatter the straw to make it look like the camels had gone upstairs. It was awesome.

most kids got their gifts on the 25th, due to the USA's santa influence.

Thats catholic epiphany no? In the Ethiopian tradition Epiphany, which is celebrated on January 17/18, is the Feast celebrating the Epiphany of John the Baptist when he realized that Jesus was the Messiah at His baptism. It is the biggest festival, Timket at Los Angeles

Old 01.07.2009, 05:44 PM   #7
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Episcopalian, which, as the Liturgy says, is both Protestant and Catholic.
My dad was an Episcopal Priest, who are allowed to marry and procreate,.

I call it Catholic lite, without al the baggage of saints, and penance, and private confession.
Old 01.07.2009, 08:35 PM   #8
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
Do you practice being ethiopian in front of the mirror?
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.07.2009, 08:48 PM   #9
Daddylikes
the end of the ugly

Daddylikes kicks all y'all's assesDaddylikes kicks all y'all's assesDaddylikes kicks all y'all's assesDaddylikes kicks all y'all's assesDaddylikes kicks all y'all's assesDaddylikes kicks all y'all's assesDaddylikes kicks all y'all's assesDaddylikes kicks all y'all's assesDaddylikes kicks all y'all's assesDaddylikes kicks all y'all's assesDaddylikes kicks all y'all's asses
Hahaha holy shit.

Repped.
Daddylikes is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.09.2009, 01:44 PM   #10
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toilet & Bowels
Do you practice being ethiopian in front of the mirror?

merry Christmas to you too!

Old 01.09.2009, 02:08 PM   #11
Lurker
invito al cielo

Lurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous

For all of you who follow the old school Julian calendar like myself

Why? Doesn't that just cause problems? When you arrange to meet someone on a certain date do you tell them "15th January on the Julian calendar" and then leave them to find out what that is?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous

(Take that Pope Gregory!)

Pope Gregory is a personal friend of mine and I find that quite offensive.
Lurker is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth