Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Gale Storm, 1950s Sitcom Star, Dies at 87
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06.29.2009, 07:22 PM   #1
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
oh yeah! more dead people!

Quote:
Gale Storm, 87, an actress and pop singer who had limited success as a movie actress in the 1940s but whose chirpy, upbeat charm made her a leading television star on two 1950s sitcoms, "My Little Margie" and "The Gale Storm Show," died June 27 at a convalescent hospital in Danville, Calif. No cause of death was reported.

i'm crying FOUL PLAY! where is her doctor?

Quote:
Dropped by RKO Studios, she worked for a series of cheapie independent studios and managed leading roles in more than 30 films. She suppressed her fear of horses to star with Roy Rogers, Bob Steele and Johnny Mack Brown in westerns, and she sang in forgettable film musicals such as "Swing Parade of 1946," "Let's Go Collegiate" and "Campus Rhythm."

she was HUGE! HUUUUUUGE I TELL YOU!

Quote:
When her television career tapered off in the 1960s, Ms. Storm focused on summer stock or dinner theater work and commanded high fees because of her presence on reruns.

THE QUEEN OF RERUNS IS DEAD. LONG LIVE THE QUEEN OF RERUNS.

link
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.29.2009, 07:27 PM   #2
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
I heard about this on the radio this weekend.

few cared about Farrah here, and even fewer about McMahonaise, so I figured there'd be no point in posting about it. I went with Billy Mays instead.

so much to chose from!

RIP
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.29.2009, 07:30 PM   #3
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by floatingslowly
I heard about this on the radio this weekend.

few cared about Farrah here, and even fewer about McMahonaise, so I figured there'd be no point in posting about it. I went with Billy Mays instead.

so much to chose from!

RIP

ha ha-- i'm sorry to have mislead, i have no fucking idea who she was, but it was on the paper so i figured i'd contribute to the death parade.

i love the stench of corpses in the summer.
Old 06.29.2009, 07:33 PM   #4
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
i have no fucking idea who she was.

neither did I, so, yeah, Billy Mays.

I wish that I could have got in on the ground-floor with Carradine.

my personal opinion on all of this: Scientology Puppet-Master Satellite #6794 suffered a fatal buffering error.
Old 06.29.2009, 07:35 PM   #5
jennthebenn
expwy. to yr skull

jennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's asses

Betty White will bury us all. Mark my words.
Old 06.29.2009, 07:44 PM   #6
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennthebenn

Betty White will bury us all. Mark my words.

i don't know who that is, though it looks familiar-- does she perhaps inhabit my nightmares?

in any case, judging by her cloak (and last name) she might be a white wizard, which would explain the longevity that you posit

i'll defer to flotterz on the subject, as he is much more versed in these matters, and owns a vast collection of polyhedral dice.
Old 06.29.2009, 07:44 PM   #7
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by floatingslowly
my popular opinion on all of this: Scientology Puppet-Master Satellite #6794 suffered a fatal buffering error.

the phone started ringing nonstop a few minutes ago and now all of my appliances are going haywire. they told me not to tell and I broke the rules. I guess I get what I deserve.

not long now, the Major League Baseball van is coming down the street.

OH GAWD, NINJAS JUST CAME THROUGH MY ROO---
Old 06.29.2009, 07:54 PM   #8
jennthebenn
expwy. to yr skull

jennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's asses
Betty White was, among other things, the endearingly dumbass Rose on
The Golden Girls.
Old 06.29.2009, 09:15 PM   #9
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennthebenn
Betty White was, among other things, the endearingly dumbass Rose on
The Golden Girls.

oh. no wonder this is the first time i hear about her!

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth