Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Is there really that much more 'out there' ?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07.15.2009, 10:08 AM   #1
phoenix
invito al cielo

phoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's asses
So.. one of my male friends is leaving in a few days. To go to Russia, for a year? Then he is going to live in Japan.

Another just told me yesterday that he is leaving to go to London in six months.. and then travel around europe indefinately.

One close male friend I no longer speak with, also seemed to up and leave a lot.. as in.. 20hr plane rides and different countries.

So, is there really that much more out there, for a guy?

I get the feeling to do this kind of thing every so often too.. but, to be honest, I think it's probably all the same type of shit, just in another language, a little less money, a little more money. With the exception of natural beautiful places. All of mans creations though.. really, it can't be that much more fulfilling. .. I dont know for sure though.

# 1 I've never had a huge deep and meaningful discussion with, but there was a huge breakup a few years ago. I'm fairly sure he hasn't totally recovered from.

# 2 Openly admits feeling as though this will help him get the girl of his dreams coming into his life. (though #2 also openly admits that I am pretty much the girl of his dreams so Im not sure if he counts in this )

# 3 suffered massive beakup heartache before being a traveller, too. I've no idea of current status.

They're all 25 - 30..(I just freaked myself out with that age span becuase I am now included) is this some kind of right of passage?

hmmph.
Old 07.15.2009, 10:15 AM   #2
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
I've always had too many responsibilities to be able to take extended vacations like that.

then again, I used to move, a lot. the US is fairly homgenized, though; so moving only changed the scenery.

all of that said, running away to a foreign country sounds like fun.
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.15.2009, 10:20 AM   #3
phoenix
invito al cielo

phoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's asses
If one more of my friends announces it though, I'm not sure I could avoid a 'what the fuck ?' conversation.

Maybe I just inadvertantly choose to befriend people who do this..

that is what I'm trying to find out I guess. If it's normal or if I just have a bunch of odd friends.
Old 07.15.2009, 10:21 AM   #4
phoenix
invito al cielo

I want to talk about silly things so much tonight. I could make 3 or 4 topics. Why is there no one posting
Old 07.15.2009, 10:23 AM   #5
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
make the topics - they will come.

when I opened the board this morning my first thought was "fuck".

my second was "there's really nothing even worth ruining".

massive depression followed.
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.15.2009, 10:43 AM   #6
me.
stalker

me. kicks all y'all's assesme. kicks all y'all's assesme. kicks all y'all's assesme. kicks all y'all's assesme. kicks all y'all's assesme. kicks all y'all's assesme. kicks all y'all's assesme. kicks all y'all's assesme. kicks all y'all's assesme. kicks all y'all's assesme. kicks all y'all's asses
I don't think it's a silly thing to talk about, i think your'e right,that it's mostly the same but in a different language etc,unless theyr'e going to somewhere very remote.But i guess most countries have their remote areas...but then if they can get to such a destination it can't be too remote.

Lao Tzu - 'The further one goes,the less one knows',

er man...

I suppose travelling gives you the chance to think about yourself in lots of different ways.
me. is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.15.2009, 10:43 AM   #7
wellcharge
expwy. to yr skull

wellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asses
i'd imagine if you aren't already in south-east europe there would be a natural compulsion to leave where ever the hell you are as soon as possible
wellcharge is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.15.2009, 10:53 AM   #8
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix
So, is there really that much more out there, for a guy?

ah, the incredible appeal of transcontinental pussy--

YES.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.15.2009, 12:59 PM   #9
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
I get wanderlust about three or four times a day. Seriously. My problem is that while i love visiting other places I hate the whole 'travelling' thing. I want to get a job in some distant land but certainly don't want to hitch-hike my way around it.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.15.2009, 03:03 PM   #10
MellySingsDoom
invito al cielo

MellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's asses
The thing I like about travelling, at its best. is that it makes you appreciate literally another world/way or life. And also the feelings and experiences you can have can be amazing - I remember the sheer joy of standing by the Torres del Paine in Patagonia, and the sheer buzz of being in Melbourne. I would agree that as one gets older, the wanderlust does get stronger at times.
Old 07.15.2009, 04:53 PM   #12
sarramkrop

If you're going to be a burden on the locals, it's probably better if you rot away wherever you live.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.15.2009, 09:44 PM   #13
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
"Run away
run away
run away
run away
...run away?"

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth