Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page fuck animals
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01.17.2010, 09:18 PM   #1
ni'k
invito al cielo

ni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's asses
why does anyone care about animals going extinct? why do people give a shit about animals, like, conserving their existance. I don't understand. Oh look a fucking mongoose isn't it so great watch it shit and stare at you and reproduce omg. What's the fucking point, you can use words like special or unique or majestic or whatever to describe them but i don't give a fuck. Fuck them and fuck nature, surely those are both things we should be moving away from, we should be glad to get rid of. right fair enough if there is some use in say usin mice in experiments or there is a rare species of bird someone wants to breed because they can make a medicine from it or some shit, i can see the point there. Otherwise why are we so concerned about the wonderous beautiful majesty of nature, i mean so what, isn't this just primitive shit we should be moving away from? The only word i can find to describe what i think nature is is a retardation on humanity at this point. I mean say you're lost out in the african bush, it's cruel inhospitable and hostile, it's dumb, you're gonna fucking die. i know suchfriends will say 'we must respect the life of every one of god's creatures', as if we owe a non existant god some sort of babysitting duty for all the fuckin dumbass platypus's he decided to make. like what are you gonna do? Try to not kill every single microbe? feel guilty for every single celled organism you kill or plant you crush? feel guilty about the whole universe? fuck that, i'm clubbin seals, yeah i'm sure it fuckin hurts them but it doesn't hurt me. Bang bang crunch. I'm gonna put a contact mic on the bat and make a noise record from it. and all this 'oh i really like this rare species of bird it's so beautiful!' yeah i can't think of anything more boring than beautiful animals, so what. when i see some animal all i see is dumb life. whatever, why should we care about this shit. I might not really go seal clubbin tomoro but i don't see why we should try to preserve the stupid life of some species. And don't give me all this sarcastic 'oh what would you prefer mcdonalds and shopping centres everywhere' bullshit either, like i'm advocating some sort of crude greedy consumption of the enviroment as a resource we are entitled to eat and use. I don't think this is right because it ends badly but i don't think respecting the harmonious balance of nature is anything other than dangerously retardedly stupid primitive shit. Remake nature, harvest it, redesign it, purge it of all useless or inhospitable desolate space or wasted matter. trees help us breath but i know that both the tree and our body can be redesigned and remade completely. i think this distinction between artificial man made stuff and 'nature' is a false one. i know there are plants being made into computer circuits, what i'm advocating is not some anti green fetish. More like don't be a fucking regressive hippie dreaming of living in the garden of eden because nature doesn't give a fuck about you. we had to struggle long and hard from the days of hunting dinosaurs with spears, we are still struggling now and will be for millions more years if we don't die out first. yeah, i know cutting down the rainforest was evil and we probably lost the cures for loads of diseases by getting rid of it, yeah i'm not advocating this, its wrong, but so is this holistic hippie return to mother gaia away from the evils of babylon shit. and don't say 'oh your so evil you just see animals as things to be used by people you don't respect their right to life!' noone and nothing has any right to anything, who decides their rights? You? why care about some pig or dog or whatever, why prolong that kind of existance intentionally? we should be trying to move away from our own aswell. i think there is some confused fear of something vital and inherent to existance being lost in artificiality, as if we have to conserve it or we will go extinct or something, as if we can go too far and get rid of some component of nature that sustains it all, and then go extinct, and this manifests itself in worship of the natural. anyway this post was inspired by watching the film of cormac mccarthy's the road which is pretty much how i live my life except i don't bother looking after any kid. if you have seen it you will be able to make more sense of what i'm getting at. In it there has been some sort of apocalypitic event that is not explained but the earth has stopped growing any food or anything and so people are nearly extinct and the few left resort to cannibalism or trying to find old cans of coke noone else has drank yet. i really like this movie, it is probably the second one i have actually enjoyed watching in like a year and the first one i have had absolutely no problems with in since forever. if anything it shows how urgently we need to harness nature for our own ends and gain power over its potential to devastate us, like what happened in haiti- good lesson for the return to nature crowd.
ni'k is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.17.2010, 10:02 PM   #2
gualbert
the end of the ugly

gualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's asses
don't know if you expect an answer but here I go:

I think it's a common view that earth was created perfect, by Mother Nature, or Father Random, with bears in America, lions in Africa, wolves in Europe, tigers in India etc.
Then came the human race, who now rule the place, and the above species are endangered (and many others).
Some people want to preserve them to fit their childish view of an harmonious world. If a tourist or a local get killed is none of their business.
That's how it goes...

But let's preserve cats, they're cute.
gualbert is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.17.2010, 10:11 PM   #3
terminal pharmacy
invito al cielo

terminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's asses
have a rant
terminal pharmacy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.17.2010, 10:37 PM   #4
GeneticKiss
expwy. to yr skull

GeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by ni'k
why does anyone care about animals going extinct? why do people give a shit about animals, like, conserving their existance. I don't understand. Oh look a fucking mongoose isn't it so great watch it shit and stare at you and reproduce omg. What's the fucking point, you can use words like special or unique or majestic or whatever to describe them but i don't give a fuck. Fuck them and fuck nature, surely those are both things we should be moving away from, we should be glad to get rid of. right fair enough if there is some use in say usin mice in experiments or there is a rare species of bird someone wants to breed because they can make a medicine from it or some shit, i can see the point there. Otherwise why are we so concerned about the wonderous beautiful majesty of nature, i mean so what, isn't this just primitive shit we should be moving away from? The only word i can find to describe what i think nature is is a retardation on humanity at this point. I mean say you're lost out in the african bush, it's cruel inhospitable and hostile, it's dumb, you're gonna fucking die. i know suchfriends will say 'we must respect the life of every one of god's creatures', as if we owe a non existant god some sort of babysitting duty for all the fuckin dumbass platypus's he decided to make. like what are you gonna do? Try to not kill every single microbe? feel guilty for every single celled organism you kill or plant you crush? feel guilty about the whole universe? fuck that, i'm clubbin seals, yeah i'm sure it fuckin hurts them but it doesn't hurt me. Bang bang crunch. I'm gonna put a contact mic on the bat and make a noise record from it. and all this 'oh i really like this rare species of bird it's so beautiful!' yeah i can't think of anything more boring than beautiful animals, so what. when i see some animal all i see is dumb life. whatever, why should we care about this shit. I might not really go seal clubbin tomoro but i don't see why we should try to preserve the stupid life of some species. And don't give me all this sarcastic 'oh what would you prefer mcdonalds and shopping centres everywhere' bullshit either, like i'm advocating some sort of crude greedy consumption of the enviroment as a resource we are entitled to eat and use. I don't think this is right because it ends badly but i don't think respecting the harmonious balance of nature is anything other than dangerously retardedly stupid primitive shit. Remake nature, harvest it, redesign it, purge it of all useless or inhospitable desolate space or wasted matter. trees help us breath but i know that both the tree and our body can be redesigned and remade completely. i think this distinction between artificial man made stuff and 'nature' is a false one. i know there are plants being made into computer circuits, what i'm advocating is not some anti green fetish. More like don't be a fucking regressive hippie dreaming of living in the garden of eden because nature doesn't give a fuck about you. we had to struggle long and hard from the days of hunting dinosaurs with spears, we are still struggling now and will be for millions more years if we don't die out first. yeah, i know cutting down the rainforest was evil and we probably lost the cures for loads of diseases by getting rid of it, yeah i'm not advocating this, its wrong, but so is this holistic hippie return to mother gaia away from the evils of babylon shit. and don't say 'oh your so evil you just see animals as things to be used by people you don't respect their right to life!' noone and nothing has any right to anything, who decides their rights? You? why care about some pig or dog or whatever, why prolong that kind of existance intentionally? we should be trying to move away from our own aswell. i think there is some confused fear of something vital and inherent to existance being lost in artificiality, as if we have to conserve it or we will go extinct or something, as if we can go too far and get rid of some component of nature that sustains it all, and then go extinct, and this manifests itself in worship of the natural. anyway this post was inspired by watching the film of cormac mccarthy's the road which is pretty much how i live my life except i don't bother looking after any kid. if you have seen it you will be able to make more sense of what i'm getting at. In it there has been some sort of apocalypitic event that is not explained but the earth has stopped growing any food or anything and so people are nearly extinct and the few left resort to cannibalism or trying to find old cans of coke noone else has drank yet. i really like this movie, it is probably the second one i have actually enjoyed watching in like a year and the first one i have had absolutely no problems with in since forever. if anything it shows how urgently we need to harness nature for our own ends and gain power over its potential to devastate us, like what happened in haiti- good lesson for the return to nature crowd.

Did you write all of this in one go?
Old 01.17.2010, 10:50 PM   #5
o'connor
expwy. to yr skull

o'connor kicks all y'all's asseso'connor kicks all y'all's asseso'connor kicks all y'all's asseso'connor kicks all y'all's asseso'connor kicks all y'all's asseso'connor kicks all y'all's asseso'connor kicks all y'all's asseso'connor kicks all y'all's asseso'connor kicks all y'all's asseso'connor kicks all y'all's asseso'connor kicks all y'all's asses
lol, i just hate pets cause their fucking annoying.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001798646886 - Personal

http://soundcloud.com/j-o-c-o - JoCo (Music)

http://soundcloud.com/driftera - Drift Era (Music)
o'connor is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.18.2010, 12:18 AM   #6
pbradley
invito al cielo

pbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's asses
Another rant extrapolated from Zizek? Great. Utopian ecology sucks, etc.
pbradley is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.18.2010, 12:18 AM   #7
ann ashtray
expwy. to yr skull

ann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's asses
It's a cycle. One animal depends on another animal for its existence. If one happens to become extinct, it can cause problems for another and so on and so on.

I know certain parts of Japan were once infested with a highly poisonous snake called a habu. Mongoose were brought in to the island (from Australia I believe), and while they didn't eliminate the habu they did assist in a dropping number in human deaths from the habu's venomous bite. The mongoose were killing them. Even a cute little animal that we observe as doing little more than "shitting and procreating" can serve a larger purpose.

Nature is a wonderful thing. It really is quite miraculous that we as well as all other plant and animal life are here. For all we know planet Earth is the only planet currently able to support life. And this universe is a huge place, and one that is constantly expanding at that. If anything, it saddens me that more people are not interested in nature. People are more prone to pay attention to pseudo scientific ideas than things we can actually see. The stars are full of wonder, as are the tiniest bacteria and everything in between. We still don't understand everything and perhaps we never will. But, we know it's there. Ghosts and gods and extraterrestrials are another story.

To think that the "African bush is dumb" just because it's not so hospitable to human beings is an extremely selfish way of thinking, primitive even. We have learned so much about the planet we live on as well as ourselves from such places. For all I know places such as this offer a place to test ideas that may save the human race one day, who knows?

And nature does give a fuck about us. We possibly have the ability to destroy it. We've already destroyed a lot of it in some cases. We also have the ability to aid in sustaining it. Nature, with and within it's self is a very progressive thing. It has been since the big bang. Aspects of us are changing without us taking conscious effort in trying to change them. Evolution, adaptation is fact. Nature doesn't have to think about it, it just does it. Nature has left it's self room for little error. We've fucked up already many times over.

There are places where swine are still depended on as a source of food. There are disabled people that depend on dogs for their own mobility and protection. Both seem worth saving as far as I can see. Of course there are people working on fixing the issues of blindness all together, but there hasn't been much success as of yet.

We will never win over nature. At best, we can find better ways to live with it.

Every place and every animal can and probably does serve some sort of purpose. Just because we can't always see that purpose shouldn't matter. Human beings are not the only creature that matters. Who are you to say that something is dumb just because you clearly fail to understand it?

"Remake nature, harvest it, redesign it, purge it of all useless or inhospitable desolate space or wasted matter. trees help us breath but i know that both the tree and our body can be redesigned and remade completely." Do you even realize what you are saying? In order to go about doing some of these ideas you've proposed, we must first understand whats already here. Also, why change something if it works fine? If anything we must learn to do a better job preserving what is already here. It's worked for over four billion years as is. I think sustaining what is already here is much better (even if not as interesting) as some sci-fi concept of redesigning it.
ann ashtray is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.18.2010, 12:24 AM   #8
pbradley
invito al cielo

pbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's asses
As it relates, I had a discussion with some "religious naturalists" not too long ago.

I called it a ton of self-serving bullshit but they promptly asked "so?"
Old 01.18.2010, 12:27 AM   #9
pbradley
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ann ashtray
The stars are full of wonder
No, we (or some of us) are full of wonder while looking at stars.

Stars are not wonderful in and of themselves.
Old 01.18.2010, 12:32 AM   #10
ann ashtray
expwy. to yr skull

ann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbradley
No, we (or some of us) are full of wonder while looking at stars.

I lol'd.
ann ashtray is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.18.2010, 12:33 AM   #11
amerikangod
invito al cielo

amerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbradley

OMG HOW COULD U SAY THAT ABOUT STARS?????

amerikangod is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.18.2010, 12:48 AM   #12
pbradley
invito al cielo

Once I saw a very sorry excuse for a star. It was a shitty star. It wasn't brilliant enough and was in the wrong place.

I hate that fucking star.
Old 01.18.2010, 01:06 AM   #13
static-harmony
invito al cielo

static-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's asses
Hmmm, what?

static-harmony is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.18.2010, 01:16 AM   #14
looking glass spectacle
100%

looking glass spectacle kicks all y'all's asseslooking glass spectacle kicks all y'all's asseslooking glass spectacle kicks all y'all's asseslooking glass spectacle kicks all y'all's asseslooking glass spectacle kicks all y'all's asseslooking glass spectacle kicks all y'all's asseslooking glass spectacle kicks all y'all's asseslooking glass spectacle kicks all y'all's asseslooking glass spectacle kicks all y'all's asseslooking glass spectacle kicks all y'all's asseslooking glass spectacle kicks all y'all's asses
what makes you think i don't fuck animals?

looking glass spectacle is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.18.2010, 07:56 AM   #15
Keeping It Simple
invito al cielo

Keeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's asses
I lost interest after "why".
Keeping It Simple is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.18.2010, 08:44 AM   #16
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
fuck fucking animals, just hit the enter key.
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.18.2010, 08:54 AM   #17
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
n'ik is brilliant.

I hate animals.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.18.2010, 08:54 AM   #18
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
except for bunnies and kitties!

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.18.2010, 09:09 AM   #19
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
did you actually read that giant block of alphabets set
to crazy?

if you really want to impress people, you should try it without blinking.

good luck.
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.18.2010, 09:41 AM   #20
ni'k
invito al cielo

ni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's asses
ranting makes me feel good. but i'm sorry for posting a long block of text. you didn't have to read it but you did have to go to all the effort of writing a sarcastic complaint about it. so i sincerely apologise, it was foolish of me to post knowing you would have to come and reply like that, i hope you get over it soon.
ni'k is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth