Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page share with me yer tech savvy knowledge
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02.19.2009, 10:52 PM   #1
Better_Than_You
the destroyed room

Better_Than_You kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_You kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_You kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_You kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_You kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_You kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_You kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_You kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_You kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_You kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_You kicks all y'all's asses
there is probably no way to figure this out.. but recently i changed my number for a specific reason. and now i keep getting calls from an UNKNOWN CALLER (no number listed when they call) and i'm a little paranoid, i guess.

is there ANY way to find out who the unknown caller is??????!!

Better_Than_You is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.19.2009, 10:54 PM   #2
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
*69 can sometimes give you a callback number even if the caller is unknown. If it's on your phone, use it, it costs some money.

If the calls are harassing, I think you can get the police or the phone company involved. Actually, if they keep calling, yes, you can tell your phone company and I think they can do someting about it.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.19.2009, 11:15 PM   #3
pbradley
invito al cielo

pbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's asses
Sorry, I'll stop calling and breathing heavily into the mic in silence.
pbradley is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.19.2009, 11:58 PM   #4
Dead-Air
invito al cielo

Dead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's asses
It's probably a collection agency trying to reach the person who used to have the phone number. Likely they have their phone number blocked or wrong on the caller ID, but if you talk to them you might be able to get rid of them. Act nice and find out what company it is, then if they don't stop calling at your request, they are breaking The Fair Debt Collection Act and you can file a complaint with either the Federal Trade Commission http://www.ftc.gov or with your state's Attorney General's Office (or both) which will very likely get them to stop.

Wait, I did come home from work, didn't I...?
Dead-Air is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.20.2009, 01:50 AM   #5
phoenix
invito al cielo

phoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's asses
perhaps if you can answer the call and then call yr phone company, you could get the number barred from calling you because there would be a record of the connection?

I've no idea.

I used to just take my pesky repeat callers into the toilet with me.

There are a lot more 'company marketing' calls coming to mobiles now, maybe it is not a person but a company trying to sell you something or get in touch?

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth