Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page The Bible Is Repulsive...
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11.30.2007, 10:28 PM   #1
avantgarde1
the end of the ugly

avantgarde1 kicks all y'all's assesavantgarde1 kicks all y'all's assesavantgarde1 kicks all y'all's assesavantgarde1 kicks all y'all's assesavantgarde1 kicks all y'all's assesavantgarde1 kicks all y'all's assesavantgarde1 kicks all y'all's assesavantgarde1 kicks all y'all's assesavantgarde1 kicks all y'all's assesavantgarde1 kicks all y'all's assesavantgarde1 kicks all y'all's asses
says this video: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=vkXOwBIRX7Y
it's pretty acurate... though i think it proves it to be more hypocrytical than repulsive. and shows the conflict between the laws of "man" and the laws of "god". but penn & teller still did it better.

avantgarde1 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.30.2007, 10:39 PM   #2
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
ha ha ha. applause, applause.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.30.2007, 10:45 PM   #3
SynthethicalY
invito al cielo

SynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's asses
This website is did not get the memo.
SynthethicalY is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.30.2007, 11:54 PM   #4
avantgarde1
the end of the ugly

avantgarde1 kicks all y'all's assesavantgarde1 kicks all y'all's assesavantgarde1 kicks all y'all's assesavantgarde1 kicks all y'all's assesavantgarde1 kicks all y'all's assesavantgarde1 kicks all y'all's assesavantgarde1 kicks all y'all's assesavantgarde1 kicks all y'all's assesavantgarde1 kicks all y'all's assesavantgarde1 kicks all y'all's assesavantgarde1 kicks all y'all's asses
"jesus, please save me from yr followers"

avantgarde1 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.30.2007, 11:56 PM   #5
Anngella
expwy. to yr skull

Anngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's asses
The sky is blue. What else is new. I have a shoe. I like Peru. My Friend Goo. Foo Foo. Deja vu. Etc.

http://slouchingsunflowers.tumblr.com/
Anngella is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.01.2007, 06:47 AM   #6
Torn Curtain
invito al cielo

Torn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's asses
I'm an Atheist, but that "demonstration" is absurd as things are completely taken out of context. That's the contrary of an analysis.
Torn Curtain is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.01.2007, 08:38 AM   #7
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
uh, yeah, I'm agnostic, so I can safely say: there's nothing wrong with the Bible. it's just a book that people worshipped in a society we know nothing about. It's like people in 500 years getting some kind of spiritual message from a fucking t-shirt I wore today. It's a book meant for a civilization and it probably doesn't have much of a place today...

..except of course, it does teach important and valuable lessons. If you take it seriously, it teaches basic human concepts of right and wrong. It goes a bit beyond that, of course, but I think some people need the Bible, some people need religion -- and the Bible isn't a bad book or a bad read by any means (I've read it twice all the way through).

Remember that the Bible isn't repulsive, people are repulsive, and people can make the Bible repulsive. Poisoning the water and all that shit.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.01.2007, 09:01 AM   #8
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torn Curtain
I'm an Atheist, but that "demonstration" is absurd as things are completely taken out of context. That's the contrary of an analysis.

yes but you're taking the video itself completely out of context.

you see, the context of this video is not of a reasoned theology that sees the bible as a symbolic reading like you would learn, say, in catholic school.

the context of this video is: american yahoos who believe LITERALLY in every word of the bible. like 144.000 people will be saved at the end of the world and everybody else will burn in hell. they believe that because it LITERALLY says so.

it's so pervasive, this ridiculous question even makes it into presidential debates. as a french citizen, this may look pathetically ridiculous to you, and it's true it is, but behold:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnNydtwOaWU

giuliani, a catholic, gives what is for me a rational answer. but notice how the other person weasels out-- giuliani is "too liberal". huckabee picks and chooses.

however, look at this fucking weasel again on a religious question:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5EBmZh7sMo

anyway, check this out:
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/09/24/literal_truth/

you see what we're dealing with, here? for those clowns, this video is the right answer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
uh, yeah, I'm agnostic, so I can safely say: there's nothing wrong with the Bible.

yadda yadda

Remember that the Bible isn't repulsive, people are repulsive, and people can make the Bible repulsive. Poisoning the water and all that shit.

you too are missing the point. it's a JOKE. with a point. but it's not meant as a work of philosophy.
Old 12.01.2007, 10:28 AM   #9
SpectralJulianIsNotDead
invito al cielo

SpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's asses
Yawn. The whole Christian/Atheist fight on the internet is so fucking annoying.
SpectralJulianIsNotDead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.01.2007, 06:29 PM   #10
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralJulianIsNotDead
Yawn. The whole Christian/Atheist fight on the internet is so fucking annoying.

nah... it's hilarious! .
Old 12.01.2007, 06:35 PM   #11
davenotdead
invito al cielo

davenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
uh, yeah, I'm agnostic, so I can safely say: there's nothing wrong with the Bible. it's just a book that people worshipped in a society we know nothing about. It's like people in 500 years getting some kind of spiritual message from a fucking t-shirt I wore today. It's a book meant for a civilization and it probably doesn't have much of a place today...

..except of course, it does teach important and valuable lessons. If you take it seriously, it teaches basic human concepts of right and wrong. It goes a bit beyond that, of course, but I think some people need the Bible, some people need religion -- and the Bible isn't a bad book or a bad read by any means (I've read it twice all the way through).

this is actually a pretty good post

davenotdead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.01.2007, 07:57 PM   #12
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
i try.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.02.2007, 10:04 AM   #13
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

PAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's asses

the loudspeaker spoke up and said ...
The loudspeaker spoke up and said ...
Christianity is stupid. Christianity is stupid.
Christianity's stupid. Christianity is stupid.
Communism is good. Communism is good.
Communism is good. Communism is good.
(Did you hear that?)
Give up.
(Did you hear that?)
Give up. Give up. Giv
e up! Give up!
Give up. Give up. Give up.
(Communism is good.)
(Communism is good.)
Christianity's stupid.
(Communism is good.)
Christianity's st
upid.
(Communism is good.)
(Give up.)
Communism is good.
(Christianity's stupid.)
Communism is good.
(Christianity's stupid.)
Give up. Give up. Give up.
From 5:00 in the morning till 10:00 at night! (Give up! Give up!)
From 5:00 in the mo
rning till 10:00 at night! (Give up. Give up.
Give up.)
From 5:00 in the morning till 10:00 at night! (Communism is good.)
Christianity is stupid. Christianity is stupid. (Communism is good.)
(Commu
nism is good.)
(Give up! Give up! Give up! Give up! Give up!)
... stupid. stupid.
(From 5:00 in the morning till 10:00 at night!)
Communism is good. (Give up! ...) Christianity is stupid.
Christianity's stupid. (Give up! Give up!) Communism is good.
(Give up! Give up! IYIYIYIYIYI ...)

Seventeen hours a day! Give up! Give up! Give up! ...

Shop as usual.
And avoid panic buying.

the mashin' of christ......
Old 12.02.2007, 10:18 AM   #14
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

PAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's asses
some divine intervention caused all the lyrics to be linked to here... dunno why... check the last line tho... excellent!
Old 12.02.2007, 11:41 AM   #15
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
I am annoyed by this link. It is bad.

I am annoyed by Christians. They are often bad.

Generally speaking, I am most annoyed by the litany of people who feel themselves intelligent by using their 'proofs' against Christianity (or religion in general). Stupid Christians don't care. Intelligent Christians are above it. Bitfatmeh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth