Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page 100% Rican cracks the Supreme Court
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08.06.2009, 02:28 PM   #1
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Hell yeah. It is done. Sonia Sotomayor has been voted in, the first hispanic (Puerto Rican) and only the 3rd woman ever to hold the position of Supreme Court Justice.
impeccable credentials, more experience than any previous supreme court justice of the past 80 years and smarter than most anyone.

fucking awesome.

Supreme Court Justice for LIFE. let's get some rice and beans going!

Old 08.06.2009, 02:32 PM   #2
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
there goes the neighborhood!
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.06.2009, 02:46 PM   #3
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
you said it! salsa playin all night,
Old 08.06.2009, 03:29 PM   #4
infinitemusic
the destroyed room

infinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's asses
Awesome.
infinitemusic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.06.2009, 03:31 PM   #5
infinitemusic
the destroyed room

infinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's asses
mmm salsa
infinitemusic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.06.2009, 03:35 PM   #6
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
i'm glad. frankly I don't understand what all the fuss was about, and honestly I am a little dissappointed. She backed down from her real opinion too much in the "name of the law" bs

I like when she said a latina women could bring a better perspective than an old musty white male, she is absolutely right! I grew up poor, in hispanic communities, shit she better represents my own experience than those musty white dudes who grew up with the silver spoon. I like her, she represents more where I-man come from than those dudes who opposed her.. (too bad the system doesn't let good people do good things for the world and preserves the status quo )
Further I thought all those old white dudes calling her racist for it were fucking tripping! They are SUCH HYPOCRITES! These old, rich white males don't represent all of America, shit i'm a white male and they don't even represent me!

They have some nerve pretending they have not been racist saying they are nervous she judges on race, what the fuck as the US white dudes been doing in that court for the past 200 years!

Let her bring her race into the equation, and she was ABSOLUTELY RIGHT with those fire fighters.. silly pouting white dudes, if they did so damned good on the test why are they so upset, they could find jobs anywhere if they are SO damned better qualified.. america is a jungle and I'm glad there is some more flavor to the bench.. bout fucking time we get some hot sauce rather than mustard on that motherfucker!

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.06.2009, 03:48 PM   #7
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

anything that upsets the status quo (old welathy white guys) is always opposed.

10 republican senators voted YAY on this. everyone of the senators that voted NAY is up for re-election, even the ones that live in predominantly hispanic areas, like Kay bailey Hutchinson from Houston.
politics as usual.

now if we could get one of the old conservative judges to retire....
Old 08.06.2009, 03:57 PM   #8
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
and the republicans were originally the diversity and the democrats were the racists until the 1940s/50s.. now it is reversed like in 1984

Old 08.06.2009, 04:08 PM   #9
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

There's a half black/half white son of an African immigrant in the white house. there is a female speaker of the house and a female secretary of state. There is now a female, hispanic supreme court justice.

I relish the tears of rage that will erupt from the fucking good ol boy bigots of 'merica.
Old 08.06.2009, 04:11 PM   #10
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
There's a half black/half white son of an African immigrant in the white house. there is a female speaker of the house and a female secretary of state. There is now a female, hispanic supreme court justice.

I relish the tears of rage that will erupt from the fucking good ol boy bigots of 'merica.

hold yr horses there my brother, all that supposes that these diverse folks have the power and authority to do anything enact proactive change in the first place!

the reality is that the confines of the military-industrial complex, the residual effects of racism and slavery, and blood guilt of a terrorizing history of genocide and war, and of course the deeply imbedded political culture of nepotism, corruption and warmongering fuck up the whole damned thing

but in the end this monster we face makes all the small victories THAT MUCH MORE meaningful and significant

the revolution will not be televised, shh its a secret.

Old 08.06.2009, 04:14 PM   #11
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
anything that upsets the status quo (old welathy white guys) is always opposed.

Antagonising wealthy white guys I understand, but why would anyone want to upset The Status Quo? Their brand of 12 bar blues has its limitations but come on, they're hardly worth opposing.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.06.2009, 04:15 PM   #12
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

I agree suchfriends, but like you said, it takes small steps, small steps that ripple forth and grow into waves
Old 08.06.2009, 04:17 PM   #13
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
they opened live aid and did a bloody good job I think. I dunno, I just don't see what harm they've ever done.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.06.2009, 04:18 PM   #14
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
I agree suchfriends, but like you said, it takes small steps, small steps that ripple forth and grow into waves

damned military industrial complex, residual effects of racism and slavery and political culture of corruption.. where do we live again:

oh.. america, right.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth