Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Boon companion...
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12.19.2008, 10:59 AM   #1
afterthefact
invito al cielo

afterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's asses
Here is a cool replica of Glenn Gould's signature chair.

And if you can't afford that (and I know I can't), here is how you can make your own.
afterthefact is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.19.2008, 11:50 AM   #2
fugazifan
invito al cielo

fugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's asses
strange, i always thought that this was the boon companion

www.myspace.com/dellilahtheband
www.myspace.com/lecirquedesvampiresmusic
fugazifan is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.19.2008, 12:01 PM   #3
afterthefact
invito al cielo

afterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's asses
Neither of these to be confused with Boone's companions...

Old 12.19.2008, 12:17 PM   #4
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Amazing. I got a few paragraphs into writing an article on musicians and chairs, I must remember to finish it at some point. So, while we're on the subject - has anyone got any quotes by musicians about chairs? Would be greatly appreciated (seriously).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.19.2008, 12:27 PM   #5
afterthefact
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glice
Amazing. I got a few paragraphs into writing an article on musicians and chairs, I must remember to finish it at some point. So, while we're on the subject - has anyone got any quotes by musicians about chairs? Would be greatly appreciated (seriously).

Geez, you don't have to be such a prick.
Old 12.20.2008, 07:35 AM   #6
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Why is everyone mis-reading everything I write lately?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.22.2008, 09:37 AM   #7
afterthefact
invito al cielo

KIDDING!

But I guess you already knew that.

In all seriousness (I feel like I say that phrase a lot here), I don't have anything on musicians and their chairs. It would be an interesting read though; I know myself that the more I like the chair I am in, the better I play.
Old 12.22.2008, 12:18 PM   #8
themawt71
the destroyed room

themawt71 kicks all y'all's assesthemawt71 kicks all y'all's assesthemawt71 kicks all y'all's assesthemawt71 kicks all y'all's assesthemawt71 kicks all y'all's assesthemawt71 kicks all y'all's assesthemawt71 kicks all y'all's assesthemawt71 kicks all y'all's assesthemawt71 kicks all y'all's assesthemawt71 kicks all y'all's assesthemawt71 kicks all y'all's asses
here you go glice. jason moran is a great piano player. his conception is truly represents a history of jazz that someone like wynton marsalis doesnt quite reach. from stride to all out free dissonant cecil taylorish playing.

Denmark, 28. October 2003

Jason Moran receives Spring as portable piano chair.

The American piano player, Jason Moran, always brings his own chair on tour. It isn’t any chair, but the Spring chair in red from KVIST/designed by Susanne Fossgreen that has become Jason Moran’s trademark and a permanent part of his gearbox.

The 28 year old piano player, composer and jazz artist has been announced "rising star" of the year by the magazine Down Beat and is a great admirer of Danish design. He loves the design and comfort of Spring.

This year in August Jason Moran wrote to KVIST, asking for a portable version of the Spring chair, which would be easier to bring along on tours.

KVIST faced the challenge and now Susanne Fossgreen and her husband are building a special version of the chair and a flight case for Jason Moran. The chair is expected ready in the beginning of 2004.

Jason Moran is currently on his European tour and will visit the UK and Ireland in November 2003 along with his bellowed Spring chair.
themawt71 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth