Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page the anti-christmas thread
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12.23.2009, 09:59 PM   #221
Pookie
invito al cielo

Pookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by knox
to think my participation in this discussion started by defending an atheist who was getting a jesus poke.
A Jesus poke? We're back to the hardcore again.
Pookie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.23.2009, 09:59 PM   #222
knox
invito al cielo

knox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's asses
I lack belief in belief and in the lack of belief.

fucks sake, shoot me.

knox is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.23.2009, 10:00 PM   #223
the ikara cult
invito al cielo

the ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
is it really? so if i don't believe in any Gods am I automatically an atheist? Can I not reject that?

There have been so many Gods, everyone is an atheist to some degree. If you reject the idea there are no Gods, you must therefore accept the idea there are one or more gods. I hate to get bogged down in semantics but i like to say what i mean

the ikara cult is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.23.2009, 10:02 PM   #224
the ikara cult
invito al cielo

the ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
I lack belief in belief and in the lack of belief.

fucks sake, shoot me.

to be fair you did bring it up. and this is your thread!

Old 12.23.2009, 10:03 PM   #225
knox
invito al cielo

knox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's asses
out of curiosity, ill see what the dictionary says.

atheist - a person who denies or disbelieves the existence of a supreme being or beings

agnostic - a person who holds that the existence of the ultimate cause, as God, and the essential nature of things are unknown and unknowable, or that human knowledge is limited to experience.

I see a difference.

Old 12.23.2009, 10:05 PM   #226
wellcharge
expwy. to yr skull

wellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asses
this thread is alot more fun to read after a few beers lol
wellcharge is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.23.2009, 10:05 PM   #227
the ikara cult
invito al cielo

gnostic
theist

two different things

Old 12.23.2009, 10:06 PM   #228
pbradley
invito al cielo

pbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by the ikara cult
Ive already outlined my position earlier in this thread. So if you are struggling i refer you to that. But with that in mind and assumed as common knowledge to this thread by now, you are either the most base level of smart arse or a simpleton on the level of a chimp (unevolved) pissing into its own mouth
Happy Christmas
Okay, looking up your post because I <3 you.
pbradley is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.23.2009, 10:09 PM   #229
knox
invito al cielo

I've been having some beers during the whole process. And it's great because I discovered I should be calling myself an agnostic all this time. But I don't like how the word sounds. So I'm gonna be calling myself a cunt, because I think the word cunt sounds much better.

Old 12.23.2009, 10:11 PM   #230
the ikara cult
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbradley
Okay, looking up your post because I <3 you.

you didnt have to tell me sweetheart, i sense all

Old 12.23.2009, 10:16 PM   #231
wellcharge
expwy. to yr skull

wellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asses
mythos is a terrible beer but i love it because it reminds me of that time in halkidiki when i climbed the mountain
Old 12.23.2009, 10:20 PM   #232
pbradley
invito al cielo

pbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by the ikara cult
"Atheism" is a purely oppositional position, it just means what it says. Its not a worldview on everything, it says you dont believe in any of the Gods that people have conceived. If you think thats fundamentalist, you dont know how to use words.
In responding to this, I would like to refer back to my example of the chair in the closed room. An atheism of this definition assumes both hard atheism and agnosticism. By atheism, let's say it is achairism. There is an assertion of the lack of a chair and a suspension of a lack of a chair. To further answer this question, we must contrast belief from knowledge. What would we call knowledge that there is no chair? Achairism? No, that can't be. To be charitable, we must consider not an assertion of a lack of a chair but the opposition to the belief in an chair. So, considering the etymology, we get an a-chairism and an a-chair-ism. That is, 'not a belief in chair' or 'a belief that chair is not.' This distinction is schismatic and we return to the question: what would we call the knowledge that there is no chair? What is atheism as both opposition and denial? I mean denial here in the sense of making a conclusive metaphysical statement (or, rather, a denial of metaphysics). As we should see, agnosticism makes a perfect statement of the suspension of a lack of god/chair. Thus, this leaves atheism as an affirmative statement against the existence of God and not the belief in the existence of God.
Old 12.23.2009, 10:23 PM   #233
pbradley
invito al cielo

Quote:
I've been having some beers during the whole process. And it's great because I discovered I should be calling myself an agnostic all this time. But I don't like how the word sounds. So I'm gonna be calling myself a cunt, because I think the word cunt sounds much better.

Agnosticism is for art history majors. I'm all absurdist up in this shit.
Old 12.23.2009, 10:23 PM   #234
knox
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by wellcharge
mythos is a terrible beer but i love it because it reminds me of that time in halkidiki when i climbed the mountain

all beer is beer.

Old 12.23.2009, 10:25 PM   #235
wellcharge
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
all beer is beer.

if you ever try crappy ukrainian beers you will no longer believe this
Old 12.23.2009, 10:27 PM   #236
wellcharge
expwy. to yr skull

the taste of an old mans butt, now available in several convenient formats

Old 12.23.2009, 10:28 PM   #237
knox
invito al cielo

it looks strange enough!

this whole thing put me in the mood to start a new religious cult.

Old 12.23.2009, 10:30 PM   #238
the ikara cult
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbradley
In responding to this, I would like to refer back to my example of the chair in the closed room. An atheism of this definition assumes both hard atheism and agnosticism. By atheism, let's say it is achairism. There is an assertion of the lack of a chair and a suspension of a lack of a chair. To further answer this question, we must contrast belief from knowledge. What would we call knowledge that there is no chair? Achairism? No, that can't be. To be charitable, we must consider not an assertion of a lack of a chair but the opposition of to the belief in an chair. So, considering the etymology, we get an a-chairism and an a-chair-ism. That is, 'not a belief in chair' or 'a belief that chair is not.' This distinction is schismatic and we return to the question: what would we call the knowledge that there is no chair? What is atheism as both opposition and denial? I mean denial here in the sense of making a conclusive metaphysical statement (or, rather, a denial of metaphysics).

Fine
Extend your point to include tables, sofas, colostomy bags, girraffes with 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 necks and every other thing you can possibly imagine including the God you are thinking of now, and now, and now, and now, which are equally likely then you might have a point.

You could of course acknowlege the limitations of the human mind and its inability to assert any of these things, but coming from such a prime beef example as yourself you probbaly wont.
til then

Old 12.23.2009, 10:31 PM   #239
pbradley
invito al cielo

I should buy beer tomorrow because I'm drinking all this up.

Too bad my dad has a half-shit taste in beer.

Michelob... trash
Old 12.23.2009, 10:33 PM   #240
wellcharge
expwy. to yr skull

i had really good beer,la fin du monde, and now i'm drinking shit and honestly i like the shit better,sorry gmku
91011 12 131415 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth