Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page protest in england for student fees in universities
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12.11.2010, 11:19 AM   #241
kinn
the destroyed room

kinn kicks all y'all's asseskinn kicks all y'all's asseskinn kicks all y'all's asseskinn kicks all y'all's asseskinn kicks all y'all's asseskinn kicks all y'all's asseskinn kicks all y'all's asseskinn kicks all y'all's asseskinn kicks all y'all's asseskinn kicks all y'all's asseskinn kicks all y'all's asses
there is no way you can have drunk yourself stupid enough to not write the sentence "Fuck some asshole that thinks he needs to go to college for the sole purpose of becoming more intelligent." and not think of your own refusal of education, then think of how your life has turned out and not cringe in embarrassment. surely even american high schools churn out fuck ups with more self awareness than that? surely?
kinn is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.11.2010, 11:21 AM   #242
ann ashtray
expwy. to yr skull

ann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinn
there is no way you can have drunk yourself stupid enough to not write the sentence "Fuck some asshole that thinks he needs to go to college for the sole purpose of becoming more intelligent." and not think of your own refusal of education, then think of how your life has turned out and not cringe in embarrassment. surely even american high schools churn out fuck ups with more self awareness than that? surely?

But, I'm not drunk.

And unlike you, I can't be found on SYG CONSTANTLY..doesn't matter what time it is, your always bound to be here. Either you have little interest in life outside of this place, or you have no life at all.
Old 12.11.2010, 11:21 AM   #243
kinn
the destroyed room

kinn kicks all y'all's asseskinn kicks all y'all's asseskinn kicks all y'all's asseskinn kicks all y'all's asseskinn kicks all y'all's asseskinn kicks all y'all's asseskinn kicks all y'all's asseskinn kicks all y'all's asseskinn kicks all y'all's asseskinn kicks all y'all's asseskinn kicks all y'all's asses
scratch that. i'm speechless.

"Fuck some asshole that thinks he needs to go to college for the sole purpose of becoming more intelligent"

that sentence will hang over your existence like the sword of damocles. can we put it on your tombstone? please?
Old 12.11.2010, 11:21 AM   #244
kinn
the destroyed room

Quote:
Originally Posted by ann ashtray
But, I'm not drunk.

And unlike you, I can't be found on SYG CONSTANTLY..doesn't matter what time it is, your always bound to be here. Either you have little interest in life outside of this place, or you have no life at all.

"you are on syg whenever I am. therefore you have no life."
Old 12.11.2010, 11:25 AM   #245
ann ashtray
expwy. to yr skull

ann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
"you are on syg whenever I am. therefore you have no life."

But only because you are always here.

I've proven that I can not only take extended breaks, but also not be here on what boils down to an almost 24-hour basis. You've yet to do either.

You are a total miserable POS that can't seem to find anything better to do than insult people on the internet.

Online warrior...OOOOOOOOOH!!!!!!

go outside.
get beaten within an inch of your life.
write a book.
get it published.

You know, because the rest of the world outside of this little tiny internet forum gives a fuck about you and all your negativity + you have oh so much to say.
Old 12.11.2010, 11:33 AM   #246
Derek
invito al cielo

Derek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's asses
Actually n'ik's duration on this forum has been very on/off. I personally prefer it when he talks about dream machines and drone music but hey, his presence is gratifying enough.
Derek is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.11.2010, 11:34 AM   #247
ann ashtray
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek
Actually n'ik's duration on this forum has been very on/off. I personally prefer it when he talks about dream machines and drone music but hey, his presence is gratifying enough.

Not as of lately.

Let's examine average number of posts per day.
Old 12.11.2010, 11:45 AM   #248
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
I do care about Nick, and I'm sure others on here do too.
Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.11.2010, 11:54 AM   #249
kinn
the destroyed room

Quote:
But only because you are always here.

I've proven that I can not only take extended breaks, but also not be here on what boils down to an almost 24-hour basis. You've yet to do either.

You are a total miserable POS that can't seem to find anything better to do than insult people on the internet.

Online warrior...OOOOOOOOOH!!!!!!

go outside.
get beaten within an inch of your life.
write a book.
get it published.

You know, because the rest of the world outside of this little tiny internet forum gives a fuck about you and all your negativity + you have oh so much to say.

eh, i come on here while i'm working, which has been nearly everyday for the past few months. it's not exactly bliss inducing, so i add some lols to brighten up my day by coming on here. and it's not like i haven't already said even in this thread how futile it is to even talk to you in the first place. or like i haven't repeatedly expressed dissatisfaction at all the time i waste here. so i don't see what kind of point you could even have, even if i did somehow think spending time here is like the greatest thing ever.

i can see that you are desperately trying to turn this into a referendum on me as everything else you've said so far has been bullshit. maybe you want to try being less hilariously trollable? maybe you want to stop replying to me then if i'm so sad and lacking in sufficient "life" or book deals? whatever's cool. up to you.
Old 12.11.2010, 11:58 AM   #250
kinn
the destroyed room

while swa makes up his mind, let's sit back and enjoy some of our favourite syg classics!
Old 12.11.2010, 02:47 PM   #251
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
+ I see no shortage of teachers or doctors...thankfully because there are some people out there that realize if THEY want something, they should earn it. I shouldn't be responsible for assisting them in earning it unless it benefits me and the rest of society as a whole.

have you been to california lately? I am an out of work school teacher who has no access to health care because it is ludicrously expensive. Meanwhile the tab for public health is actually growing because people have to wait until they are dying to seek health care for preventable diseases. It would be a more efficient investment in public health moneys if the people had preventative medicine rather then relying on dying in emergency rooms. In LA, it like medieval Europe, people live their day to day lives with horrible and even debilitating ailments and then only make it the hospitals essentially to find a place to die. It is a fucking shame, an absolute waste of public money in the first place. The public pays one way or the other, because people don't want bodies piling up in the street, the question is are they investing in true public health, or wasting money on damage control?

and with education, I cant emphasize the lil homiez enough. The future generation of Americans are in peril, because they are denied access to many essential services like a decent education and health care. These kids live in the same realm of desperation as people in 3rd world war-zones like the Congo or the Balkans, they result to lives of crime out a keen survival instinct. They are not necessarily fuck-ups, they are often times victims of circumstance. Until you own streets and literally dangerous, you can not understand the purpose of a good, neighborhood public school and further a well-funded higher education system to give people options out of poverty. Education is an investment in our society, period.

Quote:

This shit would serve little purpose to those, like myself, that no interest in attending a university. What you, or anyone else, may feel about me matters very little...not EVERYONE that opts to not go to college is an idiot.

As of now, WE NEED gas station attendants (sadly enough). We NEED waitresses + cab drivers + garbage men + hospital janitors + all sorts of shit that does not, and should not require a degree (again, sadly enough...not the needing a degree part, but the fact that people think this world needs such rubbish).

Perhaps if University and other post-secondary institutions offered more affordable and accessible vocation and job-training programs you might be more interested. Just because you don't aspire to becoming a senior-analyst or a poet laureate doesn't mean college can't help you be a better house-painter, machinist, carpenter or mechanic Sure, we need menial jobs, but they should not be dead end careers. NOBODY should HAVE to be a waitress for life, there should be access to mobility, and trade and vocational programs are just that! The waitress/server can go to school and at least become management or sales in time, but without access what can they hope or aspire for? Jung rightfully said that without meaning, life is truly pointless and hopeless, and the "hoodz" across America are poignent evidence unparalleled in most other places of the world, it is the classic Americana paradox..

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.11.2010, 03:21 PM   #252
SonicBebs
expwy. to yr skull

SonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's asses
my mate got very angry at the guy swinging from the union jack (dont ask)

turns out it was the son of one the guys from pink floyd (dave gilmour?)

"we don't need no education..."
SonicBebs is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.11.2010, 04:01 PM   #253
knox
invito al cielo

knox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's asses
why do they always bring hitler up at some point?
it happens every time.

knox is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.11.2010, 04:09 PM   #254
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by knox
why do they always bring hitler up at some point?
it happens every time.

I know, bible thumpers on Skid Row once brought up Hitler to me thinking I would be happy to send him to hell as an example of why they were against universalism. They asked me, "So Hitler should go to heaven then?" I always replied, "I wouldn't want to get into a Heaven where ANYONE, including Hitler himself, were denied the same opportunity." Hitler is vehicle to vehemently express self-righteousness, be it political or religious.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.12.2010, 09:29 AM   #255
ann ashtray
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
have you been to california lately? I am an out of work school teacher who has no access to health care because it is ludicrously expensive. Meanwhile the tab for public health is actually growing because people have to wait until they are dying to seek health care for preventable diseases. It would be a more efficient investment in public health moneys if the people had preventative medicine rather then relying on dying in emergency rooms. In LA, it like medieval Europe, people live their day to day lives with horrible and even debilitating ailments and then only make it the hospitals essentially to find a place to die. It is a fucking shame, an absolute waste of public money in the first place. The public pays one way or the other, because people don't want bodies piling up in the street, the question is are they investing in true public health, or wasting money on damage control?

and with education, I cant emphasize the lil homiez enough. The future generation of Americans are in peril, because they are denied access to many essential services like a decent education and health care. These kids live in the same realm of desperation as people in 3rd world war-zones like the Congo or the Balkans, they result to lives of crime out a keen survival instinct. They are not necessarily fuck-ups, they are often times victims of circumstance. Until you own streets and literally dangerous, you can not understand the purpose of a good, neighborhood public school and further a well-funded higher education system to give people options out of poverty. Education is an investment in our society, period.

Perhaps if University and other post-secondary institutions offered more affordable and accessible vocation and job-training programs you might be more interested. Just because you don't aspire to becoming a senior-analyst or a poet laureate doesn't mean college can't help you be a better house-painter, machinist, carpenter or mechanic Sure, we need menial jobs, but they should not be dead end careers. NOBODY should HAVE to be a waitress for life, there should be access to mobility, and trade and vocational programs are just that! The waitress/server can go to school and at least become management or sales in time, but without access what can they hope or aspire for? Jung rightfully said that without meaning, life is truly pointless and hopeless, and the "hoodz" across America are poignent evidence unparalleled in most other places of the world, it is the classic Americana paradox..

No degree. Two jobs.

Perhaps you should move out of Cali. Perhaps you should encourage yr homies on the curb to do the same.

And NO ONE must keep a menial job for life, even with the way things are currently set up. People move up in the world all the time. Of course sometimes this is achieved via hard hard and constant job searching, sometimes it amounts to school, other times it amounts to moving elsewhere to some place in which jobs can be found (and despite all the bullshit you read in the news and see on television, such places do still, in fact, exist).
Old 12.12.2010, 09:45 AM   #256
stu666
Super Moderator

stu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's asses
Let round 2 commence...

http://tapewormstu.blogspot.co.uk/

stu666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.12.2010, 11:49 AM   #257
kinn
the destroyed room

beyond even the most boring and unfunny joke.

anyway. for the adults.

ITS ALL HERE
Old 12.12.2010, 01:38 PM   #258
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

That's a great blog.

Charles and Camilla getting caught up in Thursday's protests has to be the strangest occurance so far.

demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.12.2010, 01:41 PM   #259
kinn
the destroyed room

shame they weren't dragged out and burnt at the stake

LOL I DONT MEAN IT REALLY I LOVE MY COUNTRY I LOVE MY TROOPS PLEASE KEEP DYING IN THE DESERT FOR MY HUMAN RIGHTS KTHXBAI
Old 12.12.2010, 01:45 PM   #260
SpaceCadetHayden
the end of the ugly

SpaceCadetHayden kicks all y'all's assesSpaceCadetHayden kicks all y'all's assesSpaceCadetHayden kicks all y'all's assesSpaceCadetHayden kicks all y'all's assesSpaceCadetHayden kicks all y'all's assesSpaceCadetHayden kicks all y'all's assesSpaceCadetHayden kicks all y'all's assesSpaceCadetHayden kicks all y'all's assesSpaceCadetHayden kicks all y'all's assesSpaceCadetHayden kicks all y'all's assesSpaceCadetHayden kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genteel Death
I do care about Nick, and I'm sure others on here do too.

i <3 nikky. I'd give him a good shag.

SpaceCadetHayden is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
101112 13 141516 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth