Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page louder's hip-hop café V
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08.06.2016, 08:43 PM   #2581
pepper_green
Banned

pepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
People like what they like. I bought and devoured Kind of Blue when I was twelve. It was in heavy rotation, right next to 36 Chambers. If I like something, I'm going to listen to it. Whether it's "lame" (as I promise you Kind of Blue was for a little shit in the early '90s) or "childish" in the eyes of others doesn't concern me. If I think something is lame or childish, I won't listen to it, but I also won't give someone else shit for doing so. Unless that person is a close friend with a good sense of humor, or a total asshole who is for some reason crapping on me for my choices.

Dammit, I'm a full grown man (technically... I could stand to go up a shirt size or two), and I often work 12 hours a day, only to come home and work more. I'm in a long term relationship, and people depend on me. In other words, my life is pretty much OVER. If I want to throw on some Pusha T or Future or whatever so I have an excuse to rap about coke or getting pussy, and have some fun on my commute to pump myslef up for a day of horrendous adulthood, I'm gonna damn well do it. And fuck anyone who wants to judge me for that.

You wanna know about my shit? Wanna see the student loan bills I have piled up? Wanna hear about my prostate exams? If you knew anything about me you'd bite your goddamn tongue before begrudging my enjoyment of escapism.

i just like to hate and question the lasting influence of everything. im the type of person that thinks clowns are funny instead of scary. im already bored of Kendrick's unmastered. i feel it's all immature as in going back to being 13 and liking anything at the moment. like im not evolving by listening to some of this shit. it's not for me. it's for kids younger than me. they get off on it....good for them.

you like what you like i get it. most of this thread bores me. i play it loud too. does nothing. my opinion. not comparing it to anything either. it's like I've heard all before. no matter the new rhythm cadences the subtraction of syllables, the mush mouth mumble. it's still the same. the same triple hi hat on the beat grandpa 808 beats.
pepper_green is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.06.2016, 09:08 PM   #2582
pepper_green
Banned

pepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's asses
face it! hip hop is boring again you just don't realize it. from 2010 to 2014 it was on. fresh sounds, new look. hip hop got reborn again into it's new wave faze. now it lacks any interest or new sounds at all.
Old 08.06.2016, 10:04 PM   #2583
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
I actually do feel bored with the majority of current hip hop lately.
Old 08.06.2016, 10:38 PM   #2584
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by louder
Big Sean has been getting better throughout the years. I hope he's already old and mature enough to make a GOOD album from start to finish.

Three albums in, all of them with the support of the big boys, and still nothing. You're still holding out hope? I just don't think it's in the cards for Big Sean to ever be a master of the craft. I was rooting for him too, but really, I just don't think it's happening.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.06.2016, 10:39 PM   #2585
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions

Me too. Except for Ye, Chance, Kendrick and Pusha. Everything else is kind of meh. Even a lot of the "good" stuff.
Old 08.07.2016, 12:27 AM   #2586
pepper_green
Banned

what about fudure!!! that mush mouth idiot. fuda said no jo cole flake whaka blocka shaka chan. push dat scrole up. we don't need no help fom da weekend drake drakek canidiand adaidn we be balling out of canida in da small scale tweter post a oic . sheet negga you aingt straingt be looking like scheldom from bign bang dery. all quitined and stuff . look nigga i'll be shiting out roseananne bar stuff made diek sufff look like gay lebaian. nigga don't provoke ;me. I get ill and Atlanta ga balmy suck such shit HAHAHAHHAHHAHHAHA!!!

nigga yo da best. thank you for alaolow ing me to me be msylef and lettingme to mi thang. shout out to hurray yea foreer. best stickers in da world. missy eleiot. coool
Old 08.07.2016, 01:54 AM   #2587
louder
invito al cielo

louder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
Same here.

I heard Frank Ocean's new album will have a lot of rapping..
louder is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.07.2016, 11:01 AM   #2588
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
Same here.

I heard Frank Ocean's new album will have a lot of rapping..

If it ever comes out. Seriously, what the deal is?
Old 08.07.2016, 12:44 PM   #2589
louder
invito al cielo

louder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asses
Skewed VIEWS: The Huge Truth About Drake’s Record-Breaking Chart Run

http://www.stereogum.com/1892123/ske...hart-run/news/
Old 08.07.2016, 12:51 PM   #2590
louder
invito al cielo

Quote:
If it ever comes out. Seriously, what the deal is?
Fuck that shit man.

Old 08.07.2016, 04:09 PM   #2591
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
Fuck that shit man.

Hey, don't get mad at me, dude. I'm not keeping the album from coming out!

I imagine this is even more frustrating for Frank worshippers than the TLOP rollout was for me. At least Kanye delivered something on the promised day, even if it was just a live stream.

Frank hasn't done shit! The internet jokes are getting out of hand. Again, what the motherfucking deal is?

And where's Birds of the Trap?!
Old 08.07.2016, 04:10 PM   #2592
louder
invito al cielo

Quote:
Hey, don't get mad at me, dude. I'm not keeping the album from coming out!

I imagine this is even more frustrating for Frank worshippers than the TLOP rollout was for me. At least Kanye delivered something on the promised day, even if it was just a live stream.

Frank hasn't done shit! The internet jokes are getting out of hand. Again, what the motherfucking deal is?

And where's Birds of the Trap?!
I'm not mad at you bruh, I'm mad at that streaming service bullshit or whoever is responsible for this mess. I heard Frank is ready to release the album and Apple is the reason it's been getting delayed, who knows though.
Old 08.07.2016, 04:22 PM   #2593
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Some of Pac's production is amazing to me and some is just there.
agree with this assessment but i think the amazing stuff is all time great

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.07.2016, 08:22 PM   #2594
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
agree with this assessment but i think the amazing stuff is all time great

The production on 7 Day Theory is direct and no-frills, but totally badass in my opinion. But that's my favorite Pac record, so there.

I also can't really argue with that fact that, Dre or no Dre, All Eyez on Me's production was really impressive at the time. In all honesty, I prefer BIG's Life After Death as an album, but All Eyez had the whole world bouncin.
Old 08.07.2016, 08:24 PM   #2595
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
I'm not mad at you bruh, I'm mad at that streaming service bullshit or whoever is responsible for this mess. I heard Frank is ready to release the album and Apple is the reason it's been getting delayed, who knows though.

See, I heard the opposite. But whatever. It's obviously not hard to release an album on Apple or Tidal or Spotify. If it doesn't happen, I'm likely to think it's the artist's fault. Some last minute changes or tweaks, like with Pablo.
Old 08.07.2016, 08:30 PM   #2596
Severian
invito al cielo

Funkmaster Flex on Drake (via Pitchfork):

New York City radio DJ Funkmaster Flex fanned the flames of his beef with Drake tonight, making a series of strong accusations on-air during his show on Hot 97.

“I'm not really worried about you making me lose my job... Want me to tell you why? 70% of your fans wear high heels. The other 30% are guys who wear sandals. I'm not concerned about you, bruh. I'm just not concerned, I'm sorry.”
Old 08.07.2016, 09:23 PM   #2597
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
Skewed VIEWS: The Huge Truth About Drake’s Record-Breaking Chart Run

http://www.stereogum.com/1892123/ske...hart-run/news/

I read the whole thing because I'm a stats nerd AND a journalist AND a Drake-hater (that's right, straight up hater now) who is constantly seeking to confirm my bias against him.

The author got a few percentages wrong, but maybe they've been corrected by now. Anyway, doesn't matter. Fact is, this article was maybe the highlight of my week.

I've been wondering about the figures since the first night VIEWS became available, when I saw repeated 5-star ratings from the same users. Like, a lot of them. It had raked up more iTunes reviews in the first few hours of release than Late Registration had in ELEVEN YEARS. It didn't seem possible. Shouldn't be possible, considering reviews on iTunes are not immediately published, but rather sent off for approval (not sure of what), and then entered into the system 24--48 hours later... If they're approved. I've written countless reviews over the years, and I've never seen one come back in less than 24 hours.

There is one "x factor" that wasn't addressed, and wasn't explained, and I don't feel fully confident that it was considered. That being that VIEWS was not, in actuality, an "Apple Music exclusive" at any point. It was available in the iTunes Store the moment it was released. That adds another hefty chunk of numbers to the conversation, since iTunes and Apple Music are absolutely not the same thing in any way shape or form.

iTunes also had a significantly larger user rate than Apple Music, since it's non subscription, and it's used to purchase albums, which people will do... a lot... contrary to popular belief. Also, iTunes had had 15 years to build a consumer base, and is without a doubt the biggest music store on the planet. It can be used by anyone rocking any technology or OS. Yet, it wasn't mentioned once in that entire article. I'd like to see the story adjusted. Maybe I'll contact the author.

Put another way, Coloring Boom was a TRUE Apple Music exclusive, in that it was only available on Apple Music, the subscription streaming service, for a week or so before heading over to Spotify.

VIEWS was never an exclusive of anything other than Apple (not Apple Music, just Apple). The iTunes figures should count for something, even though they don't impact streaming numbers. They might make the numbers add up and make a bit more sense.

Hate to even give he impression of supporting or defending drake, but numbers matter dammit.

Also, VIEWS will be utterly forgotten in a year's time. Drake is not Prince or MJ.
Old 08.07.2016, 09:37 PM   #2598
Severian
invito al cielo

Even looking at Drake's dumb, fun because they're dumb, excusable because they're dumb-fun, simple, basic pop tracks, he's still never made anything that would warrant anyone to ever compare him to Prince, MJ, or even Kanye. Seriously, not even Kanye. What's "Hotline Bling" other than a breezy little no-consequence pop tune? Doesn't have the swagger or soul or bump of "Gold Digger" or "Jesus Walks" or "Stronger" or any of Ye's other chart-topping pop tracks.

Drake ain't nothing.

I am not happy about this alleged collaborative album that he and Kanye are apparently making. What the living fuck? Who wants that?! If there was ever a way to make ME not purchase a Kanye West album, that's fucking it, right there.

Sad news, bros. sad news.
Old 08.08.2016, 08:11 AM   #2599
louder
invito al cielo

Quote:
Funkmaster Flex on Drake (via Pitchfork):

New York City radio DJ Funkmaster Flex fanned the flames of his beef with Drake tonight, making a series of strong accusations on-air during his show on Hot 97.

“I'm not really worried about you making me lose my job... Want me to tell you why? 70% of your fans wear high heels. The other 30% are guys who wear sandals. I'm not concerned about you, bruh. I'm just not concerned, I'm sorry.”
He told HOT 97 to fire Funkmaster Flex before he comes to do an interview. Now that's a coward move, because he knows damn well Funk Flex would straight shit on him and embarrass him if he did.

I truly can't stand him as an entertainer. See I called Taylor a psychopath but I get the same traits from Drake. He's truly the male version of her. Both aren't extraordinarily talented but are very obsessed about the way they're perceived and portrayed by the media. Both constantly manipulate and take advantage of other people. Both are obsessed with their own success.

Drake is so dull. At this point he's nothing but an image and a bunch of catchy songs, with little artistic merit to back it up.
Old 08.08.2016, 08:14 AM   #2600
louder
invito al cielo

Quote:
Even looking at Drake's dumb, fun because they're dumb, excusable because they're dumb-fun, simple, basic pop tracks, he's still never made anything that would warrant anyone to ever compare him to Prince, MJ, or even Kanye. Seriously, not even Kanye. What's "Hotline Bling" other than a breezy little no-consequence pop tune? Doesn't have the swagger or soul or bump of "Gold Digger" or "Jesus Walks" or "Stronger" or any of Ye's other chart-topping pop tracks.

Drake ain't nothing.

I am not happy about this alleged collaborative album that he and Kanye are apparently making. What the living fuck? Who wants that?! If there was ever a way to make ME not purchase a Kanye West album, that's fucking it, right there.

Sad news, bros. sad news.
Hotline Bling was actually the last thing I enjoyed from him, but even that got old after a few weeks, like all of his stuff. That was last year, I haven't liked any Drake song or feature since then.

Yeah, I'm probably gonna hate on the Drake and Kanye collaborative project when it drops. Can't see any good coming out of it at all.
80120127128129 130 131132133140180 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth