Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page louder's hip-hop café V
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11.20.2016, 01:50 PM   #3541
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Oh, and for the record, a lot of my animosity towards Dr. Dre comes from the fact that he's sent his girlfriends to the hospital with broken fucking faces.

And Snoop is fun as a dumb living caricature, and he's certainly dropped some great verses, but he's also guilty of abusing and soliciting women for sex, even after he "escaped" ghetto life.

They're a couple of bitches. I don't hate all of their music, but I hate them as people and they are a disgrace to hip-hop culture and mankind as a whole.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.22.2016, 02:09 AM   #3542
louder
invito al cielo

louder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
Uhhhh...

But he also threw shade at Jay Z and.. Beyoncé?! And left the stage after a song and a half and a 20 minute rant?

You know I love Kanye almost unconditionally, but dude... I spent a LOT of money to get myself and my girlfriend to a Kanye show this year (like... a lot; I didn't *have* to spend quite so much, but I wanted prime seats because I'd never seen him before, so I set myself back financially making that happen) Anyway, my show started late too, though I think that was because the venue was unprepared for the enormity and magnitude of his stage setup, because his buses were there a couple hours before the show started, but if he had pulled this shit at MY show, I'd be PISSED.

Yes, I hate Drake. Drake exemplifies all that is terrible and artless about modern music. But if Kanye was going to take shots at Drake, he could have done so in defense of Pusha or Cudi. I'm not even sure what this insult means, since Kanye's released plenty of free tracks over the years himself.

Also, he should be clarifying his comments about Trump. The press took it the wrong way (deliberately, I'd say) because "Kanye would have voted for Trump" is the most prime clickbait of the year. Instead, he's talking about radio and MTV (of COURSE Saint Pablo is more "relevant" than radio... it's been the year's biggest tour, and I have yet to read a negative review of a show because it's that fucking glorious), and MTV? Why does Kanye give a fuck about MTV? MTV has nothing to do with music or even fashion, and those are the things Kanye devotes himself to. And RADIO? Who even listens to the "radio" for music anymore?

I think something went down between Kanye and Jay. His earlier comments about how "Watch the Throne 2 would never happen because of the feud between Tidal and Apple" hinted that something was up. Now he's saying, a little ironically if you think about the lyrics to "Big Brother" that Jay needs to "Come to (him) as a man." So.. what happened?

Anyway, if this had been my show, I would have been pissed. And I hate being pissed at Kanye. It's like being possed at Superman or Thurston for me. Makes me sick to my gut. Now all those people have to deal with trying to get their money back (tickets have been upwards of $600 a pop in some places), and they probably won't. So everybody's saying "fuck Kanye" now, and with good reason.

Not sure why you think I'd love that man. I'd rather see Kanye "take shots" at Drake by not, y'know, acting like they're besties and making billboards with that little bitch. Not by throwing a tantrum and screwing thousands of people out of their money.
It's obviously terrible, and Kanye owes his fans at least a public apology and some free shows.

Also, he's obviously going through some shit and I won't be surprised if mental illness is a part of it.

But hey, I'm just trying to see the bright side of it all - no more Drake collab album!
louder is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.22.2016, 02:11 AM   #3543
louder
invito al cielo

louder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asses
So Kanye was hospitalized..

http://pitchfork.com/news/69992-kany...alized-report/

Not surprised. This is a good step, he definitely needs some time to recover and take care of himself..
Old 11.22.2016, 02:12 AM   #3544
louder
invito al cielo

Drake replies to Kanye through an Instagram comment after winning some bullshit awards at the AMAs:

"Some bwoy need fi make some hit song and stop cry" (followed by a bunch of emojis..)

This is extremely corny and annoying. But what can we already expect from Drake..
Old 11.22.2016, 02:55 AM   #3545
pepper_green
Banned

pepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's asses
so I guess the whole Kanye thing is the real deal now. as much as I joke about him....kinda feel sorry him, but he's far gone and had it coming.

it's like the Selena Gomez thing. why do these entertainers subject themselves to such a grueling lifestyle? it's not too late for her to drop out entirely and buy a nice house in the county and live a quiet life.

we all know the music industry is torturous and flatout suicide. meltdown after meltdown.... such bullshit!
pepper_green is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.22.2016, 03:05 AM   #3546
pepper_green
Banned

pepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's asses
noticed too that a lot of the pop stars these days are getting to where they have less and less of a personality. it's one big bowl of homogenized crap.

bah humbug, greezy signing out until.... or is that Christmas!?! whatevz.
Old 11.22.2016, 03:23 AM   #3547
louder
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepper_green
noticed too that a lot of the pop stars these days are getting to where they have less and less of a personality. it's one big bowl of homogenized crap.

bah humbug, greezy signing out until.... or is that Christmas!?! whatevz.
It's mainly about looks now. Models with a voice.
Old 11.22.2016, 10:12 AM   #3548
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by louder
So Kanye was hospitalized..

http://pitchfork.com/news/69992-kany...alized-report/

Not surprised. This is a good step, he definitely needs some time to recover and take care of himself..

Christ. Ah! Why!!

He's obviously going through some capital "S" SHIT lately. The Trump thing didn't help. His words were chopped and his point was hacked to pieces by the press. Including Pitchfork, whose even today said this:

"After recently voicing his support for Donald Trump, Kanye cut off his last show early after sharing some harsh words for Jay Z, Beyoncé, Barack Obama, Hillary Clinton, and others."

He actually didn't voice any support for Trump. He said "hey, that was an effective strategy, I would have gone for it" before calling Trumo a racist and expressing his support of Black Lives Matter, LGBTQ rights, women's rights, etc. And he didn't shit talk Hillary. He just mentioned her when he was kinda shit talking Beyoncé (which I didn't understand.)

And when he said "I'm on my Trump shit now" that was taken out of context too. What he meant to say was "I'm yelling and screaming at people now." Obviously.

Goddammit. He seemed so together and collected when I saw him. Funny, conscientious, focused. There was zero crazy in the room.

I'd flip out if everybody started hurling hate speech at me because of some banter that was taken the wrong way too.
Old 11.22.2016, 10:15 AM   #3549
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
Drake replies to Kanye through an Instagram comment after winning some bullshit awards at the AMAs:

"Some bwoy need fi make some hit song and stop cry" (followed by a bunch of emojis..)

This is extremely corny and annoying. But what can we already expect from Drake..

Hey there's Drake appropriating Caribbean shit again even though he's from motherfucking Canada.

Fair warning: from this point forward, if I see Drake, I *will* facepunch him. It's no longer a pipe dream. Might even seek him out. Brat bitch needs a facepunch.
Old 11.22.2016, 05:25 PM   #3550
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Kanye got too much asshole bleach down his throat....fucked his mind up... wifey is the female OJ, look out......
Old 11.23.2016, 12:04 AM   #3551
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
Kanye got too much asshole bleach down his throat....fucked his mind up... wifey is the female OJ, look out......

Sometimes you're just an asshole my friend.

It's fine if you don't like his music (fine, though a wee bit sad since you spend your time listening to watered down baby Kanyes and are, I believe, missing out on truly great shit because of it), but don't make fun of people who are publicly struggling with mental illness.

If Drake had a mental illness (that he was aware of, and sought treatment for it) not even I, the Drakehater, would never give him shit for that.

Also, if you can't see the appreciate MBDTDF (or Lat Reg, or Yeezus, etc.) you probably don't understand hip-hop very well.

Too mean, bro
Old 11.23.2016, 12:40 AM   #3552
pepper_green
Banned

Quote:
Oh, and for the record, a lot of my animosity towards Dr. Dre comes from the fact that he's sent his girlfriends to the hospital with broken fucking faces.

And Snoop is fun as a dumb living caricature, and he's certainly dropped some great verses, but he's also guilty of abusing and soliciting women for sex, even after he "escaped" ghetto life.

They're a couple of bitches. I don't hate all of their music, but I hate them as people and they are a disgrace to hip-hop culture and mankind as a whole.

my thoughts. 2001 is even worse. West coast had it bad with treating women...uh.. bad. because they didn't have no game to get any besides with nasty black ass hood rats. along with terrible terrible frumpy lazy weed raps to go along with. dated shit!

big nuts and dick in yo mouth. I skeeted in yo mother's throat. fo realz!!

fuck west side. come get dat southside BBQ
Old 11.23.2016, 12:59 AM   #3553
pepper_green
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by h8kurdt
What's wrong with that?

redneck white trash!!! that's what's wrong with that. same trash you hate. same trash you love. same trash that voted for trump. same trash you love.

Eminem is a scab. like Korn. America went from strip clubs GnR to Nirvana to meth heads in a trailer park to Obama to Trump and back to Eminem.

I think there's something very wrong with that. he's a cancer that shouldn't exist like Limp Biscuit, Korn and Kid Rock.
Old 11.23.2016, 08:18 AM   #3554
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
leave Korn alone!
Old 11.23.2016, 10:06 AM   #3555
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepper_green
my thoughts. 2001 is even worse. West coast had it bad with treating women...uh.. bad. because they didn't have no game to get any besides with nasty black ass hood rats. along with terrible terrible frumpy lazy weed raps to go along with. dated shit!

big nuts and dick in yo mouth. I skeeted in yo mother's throat. fo realz!!

fuck west side. come get dat southside BBQ

Uhh.. ok, can't say I agree with the "nasty black ass hood rats" comment, which seems like it was meant to be comical in an irreverent kind of way, but sounds ... just... wow... really, really terrible.

But I'm with you in general on that whole era of rap. I think the stuff coming out of the five boroughs was always more open minded and more musically diverse, as well a broader in scope and subject matter.

Now, that's not to say Biggie didn't say some awful things about women, or do some awful things to women. Hell, there's an entire narrative to Ready to Die that deals with his outright dismissal of women's feelings. But he also loved his mama and his daughter and never put a woman in the hospital, far as I know.

[EDIT: Well, I'm an idiot. Tupac definitely deserves extreme loathing. I had a feeling I'd forgotten something... felt the same way when I mentioned Big, so I quickly searched for a breakdown of his rap sheet before saying anything. Almost did the same with Pac, but kept thinking about "Dear Mama" and decided not to. Blah. Anyway, I have no good reason for forgetting that since I watched all that drama unfold. I actually think he avoided the formal rape charge, but I'm not sure.]

Also, Tupac was just plain better than Dre and Snoop. Better rapper, better lyricist, better beat selector, better actor, smarter, better, faster, stronger.
Old 11.23.2016, 10:19 AM   #3556
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
I guess I should say that I don't throw Tupac in with Dre and Snoop on the whole "unabashed misogyny/domestic abuse/horrible person through and through" thing. I'll bet Pac did plenty of fucked up shit to women just like Big, but I'm not aware of any evidence of domestic abuse or battery. Also, Tupac was just plain better than Dre and Snoop. Better rapper, better lyricist, better beat selector, better actor, smarter, better, faster, stronger.

He went to prison for sexual abuse/rape.

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.23.2016, 10:21 AM   #3557
Severian
invito al cielo

After all those years of terrible, sexist gangsta rap, it really was refreshing to hear someone like Jay-Z come to the fore with lyrics that were closer in spirit to what NYC hip-hop had been about pre-gangsta war.

A lot of folks don't love Vol.2 Hard Knock Life, and it is indeed not his best work, but it has one of his best ever singles with the title track. When I heard that beat and that sample I was hooked, but it may have been the following lyric that made me take notice the most:

"I rap for chicks wishin, they didn't have to strip to pay tuition"

Still embryonic though he was, Jay had a conscience, and mixed it with a more "classy" kind of gangsterism. Plus the music was buoyant and evergizing, not flat and dull like Dre's shit.

I don't think I actually started to really ENJOY "west side" and g-funk-centric mainstream rap music until Kendrick came out. Good Kid, TPAB and even Section.80 are all SO, so, sosososo SO much better than anything from the Death Row era. Plus, you can love Kendrick's music without feeling like you're supporting a fucking terrible human being, because just a downright lovely dude.
Old 11.23.2016, 10:24 AM   #3558
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:

Fuck my dumb ass. I remember. Not sure what I was thinking. Sorry.

Actually I didn't know it was formally "rape" ... but yeah. Fucking gross. Fuck him. I guess I let "Dear Mama" color my memory.

Super big bitch then, Tupac. But musically he was still way better than his woman-beatin' bros.
God I feel dumb now.
Old 11.23.2016, 10:31 AM   #3559
louder
invito al cielo

Quote:

Because he was set up. He didn't really do it.
Old 11.23.2016, 11:04 AM   #3560
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
Because he was set up. He didn't really do it.

What? Really? He and his homies didn't gang rape that girl?

Sources please.
128168175176177 178 179180181188 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth