Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page The pro gun movement
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08.07.2010, 06:09 PM   #341
ann ashtray
expwy. to yr skull

ann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's asses
FUCK YEAH!
Old 08.08.2010, 12:26 AM   #342
FreshChops
100%

FreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's asses
this story needs more firearms -
http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/...estic-807.html

FreshChops is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.08.2010, 02:23 AM   #343
pbradley
invito al cielo

pbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
what are you talking about you exiled tutu? i want to EAT. and i found out there are a lot of wild turkeys running around there.
I'm not convinced. Nobody with money would go through the whole process of hunting, preparing, and cooking. If I'm projecting, it's in assuming that but you know I'm right. Embrace your inner-hunter, mountain man.

Quote:
you're projecting your problem onto me ("self-hating"), but have you looked at the price of game meat recently? i mean if you ever buy meat instead of soy cakes or korean burritos or rice paper or whatever it is you eat. crow?
If I wanted to eat game meat, I would save up the money and make a nice evening of being served at a restaurant. Quality assurance means that much to me. And you would have been less racist if you asked dog, which I haven't but they do serve it in some parts of this country.

Quote:
in any case fuck yes, i want to get some animals in my freezer that don't cost me $7-$27 a pound.
Sounds like a reasonable price range to me. Not like I would want to eat game meat every day, just the occasional fine supper.

Quote:
sometimes i do worry about you.
It's really boring here. The foreign teachers are nice but mostly dull. Fucking American expats in all of their pretenses.
pbradley is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.08.2010, 05:11 PM   #344
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbradley
I'm not convinced. Nobody with money would go through the whole process of hunting, preparing, and cooking. If I'm projecting, it's in assuming that but you know I'm right. Embrace your inner-hunter, mountain man.

If I wanted to eat game meat, I would save up the money and make a nice evening of being served at a restaurant. Quality assurance means that much to me. And you would have been less racist if you asked dog, which I haven't but they do serve it in some parts of this country.

Sounds like a reasonable price range to me. Not like I would want to eat game meat every day, just the occasional fine supper.

It's really boring here. The foreign teachers are nice but mostly dull. Fucking American expats in all of their pretenses.

ah see philosopher, the problem here is that i do not fit in those categories in which you've partitioned reality.

first, from what you say game is something you eat on "special occasions" and you mention fine restaurants. i do no such thing. i have no money to waste on such places-- instead, i eat the best meat i can buy on a daily basis-- organic grass fed beef, buffalo every week (the liver is exquisite), elk when i can find it. also, i think i cook sufficiently well to make my kitchen a better bang for the buck, not just in nutrient content but in taste.

i eat no feedlot cattle-- it's ultrafat & loaded with antibiotics and who knows what else. i am *very* carnivore, but i don't like trash meat, which is what most of america consumes-- you know those "marbled" steaks & shit that give people heart attacks? hamburger meat dripping with fat? i don't touch that stuff. i don't do cheeseburgers. or hot-dogs. or texturized soy protein meat substitutes. or industrially cured meats on "meat lovers" pizzas. i'm a fucking purist and i eat the best i can get within my means.

game is lean, rich in omega 3 oils, and good for breakfast lunch and dinner. i always eat animal protein for breakfast-- beef, or salmon, or another fish, organic eggs every now and then. yesterday i had buffalo livers-- glorious.

and about money, i am one of those rare people who have no disposable income to speak of, yet i buy the best quality food i can afford. i love food and eating well & everything else can take a back seat to a good meal ("consumerism" & such other useless shit). $27/lb is out of my price range when i eat about 1lb of meat a day or more.

i didn't take you for a consumer of bosintang, by the way. you probably grew up with a puppy and i don't think you'd chuck your morals aside for the sake of adventure. but who knows-- if you try, it post us a picture for shock value (pre-digestion of course).
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.08.2010, 09:38 PM   #345
pbradley
invito al cielo

pbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
i am *very* carnivore... i'm a fucking purist and i eat the best i can get within my means.
You're right, your own category is much more ridiculous, at least on the surface. Let your freak flag fly.

Quote:
i didn't take you for a consumer of bosintang, by the way. you probably grew up with a puppy and i don't think you'd chuck your morals aside for the sake of adventure. but who knows-- if you try, it post us a picture for shock value (pre-digestion of course).
If I were to have gaegogi, I wouldn't have it as bosintang. I'm not much of a fan of Korean soups but they do straight meat brilliantly. I was raised with kittens.
Old 08.08.2010, 09:47 PM   #346
deflinus
expwy. to yr skull

deflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's asses
Guns aren't toys. They're for family protection, hunting dangerous or delicious animals, and keeping the King of England out of your face.
deflinus is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.08.2010, 09:55 PM   #347
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
You're right, your own category is much more ridiculous, at least on the surface. Let your freak flag fly.

ALWAYS.

life is short and normality is for weaklings.

Quote:
If I were to have gaegogi, I wouldn't have it as bosintang. I'm not much of a fan of Korean soups but they do straight meat brilliantly. I was raised with kittens.

oh. for cats you'll have to go to china then.

(don't google "cat china market". really, don't)
Old 08.08.2010, 09:56 PM   #348
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by deflinus
Guns aren't toys. They're for family protection, hunting dangerous or delicious animals, and keeping the King of England out of your face.

yessss
Old 08.08.2010, 10:57 PM   #349
ann ashtray
expwy. to yr skull

ann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

Best post in this entire thread.
Old 08.09.2010, 02:49 AM   #350
pbradley
invito al cielo

Guns are toys, though, and they're for anything the gun owner wants to do with them.
Old 08.09.2010, 06:34 AM   #351
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

Whatever their official uses might be, as William Gibson wrote in Neuromancer, 'the street finds its own use for things'.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.09.2010, 07:06 AM   #352
pbradley
invito al cielo

Fuckin' A.

Chopping wood with a revolver sounds more fun to me than hunting.
Old 08.09.2010, 07:59 AM   #353
SONIC GAIL
invito al cielo

Location: I moved from hillbilly Florida to hillbilly Alabama
SONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by ann ashtray
Most people that hunt, are very good at it.

My daddy is an avid deer hunter as well as nearly evry other male on his side of the family. They pay dues to join a hunting club in GA. The area is specifically used for hunting. I have been on many a hunting trip. It is very boring you have to sit there all quiet so the deer come out. You are not allowed to shoot does if you do you will be facing some hefty fines.

It is a very quick when it happens. They have dogs sometimes that chase the deer. When you heer the dogs get ready. Bang. If you don't make a kill first shot. Quickly they would go over and give the death shot as to cause the least amount of undue suffering as possible. Load it up in the pick up.

At the end of the day everyone who has made a kill shares the meat with everyone in the club. we survived many a day on deer meat when I was growing up. They string it upside down. Cut the throat and bleed it out then clean it. It only takes about an hour for them to clean it and have it ready for the freezer.

They also on occasion hunted wild hogs and turkey.

Sounds grusome but not unlike any other sort of way we get meat. It just looks all pretty and ready in the grocery store. You don't have to think about all the gross stuff.

And yes most people will not hunt unless they are good at it. If you can't get any meat from it there is no point in wasting your money on the hunting dues and ammo that goes along with it.

SONIC GAIL is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.09.2010, 08:01 AM   #354
SONIC GAIL
invito al cielo

SONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Fuckin' A.

It is extremely boring. My grandma has been begging me to caome up to her little trailer at the hunting camp....but honestly it does not sound like much fun. Oh and my grandma hunts too. She also keeps a hand gun in her purse for protection. (She has a license to carry it of course)

Old 08.09.2010, 08:03 AM   #355
SONIC GAIL
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshChops
shooting at the general public

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to FreshChops again.

Old 08.09.2010, 10:14 PM   #356
FreshChops
100%

FreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Fuckin' A.

Reminds me of a time we were shooting in my dads yard at targets on a tree. We kept shooting, kept replacing targets and before we knew it.... errrrnnnn, down goes the tree. Snapped right in half! We all kinda looked at each other like "Oh, shit, that wasn't supposed to happen... how are we going to explain this". It was a thick tree too, about 1 foot diameter.

We were using AR-15's and AK47's.... so let that be a lesson: assault rifles + trees = firewood.

.... he ended up clearing out all the trees in that area to make a covered patio thing, so we kinda help out all said and done.

FreshChops is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.10.2010, 04:04 AM   #357
pbradley
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONIC GAIL
She also keeps a hand gun in her purse for protection.

I don't trust people that don't trust people. I heard the idea from somewhere else but I agree; it's a fear of themselves that produces a fear of others. It's like a liar who thinks everyone is lying. A person who carries a gun for protection can see their self killing people without protection. It's a real possibility for them that an average person would reasonably start a shooting spree because they see themselves doing it under real circumstances.
Old 08.10.2010, 07:42 AM   #358
knox
invito al cielo

knox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
I don't trust people that don't trust people. I heard the idea from somewhere else but I agree; it's a fear of themselves that produces a fear of others. It's like a liar who thinks everyone is lying. A person who carries a gun for protection can see their self killing people without protection. It's a real possibility for them that an average person would reasonably start a shooting spree because they see themselves doing it under real circumstances.

or perhaps they are just secretly waiting for something to happen so they have the chance to kill someone without the legal consequences?

personally, if you're worried about safety and somebody breaks into your house you'll try to a) leave b) hide c) call the police

the idea of walking around the house or standing there with a gun is way riskier but i guess thats what you to do if you're thinking this is my chance to shoot someone.

knox is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.10.2010, 08:05 AM   #359
SONIC GAIL
invito al cielo

Grandma just comes from a different time in history....and she might be a tad paranoid.

Old 08.10.2010, 12:45 PM   #360
knox
invito al cielo

knox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SONIC GAIL
Grandma just comes from a different time in history....and she might be a tad paranoid.

but yeah. not only things change, but they have to.

knox is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
151617 18 19202128 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth