Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page What's Yr Job?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05.14.2007, 03:48 PM   #21
_slavo_
invito al cielo

_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses
I'm a key account manager at a media agency. The job's killing me quite much, since I am an introverted person and doing this, I need to talk all the time. But hey, what the hell. At least I make some money and don't sit on my ass.

you're the boy

that can enjoy
invisibility
_slavo_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.14.2007, 04:06 PM   #22
drrrtyboots
invito al cielo

drrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's asses
Rock N' Roll for a living!!!!!!!!!!!

drrrtyboots is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.14.2007, 04:26 PM   #23
Inhuman
invito al cielo

Inhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's asses
Graphic/ web designer / programmer. I'm in my 3rd year of college and going on to Concordia U taking couses in Programming and possibly political science. Or art. I don't know yet. I work at a private golf course where rich, pompous fucks drive over your newly-raked pile of leaves in their corvettes and Porsche's.
Old 05.14.2007, 04:33 PM   #24
schizophrenicroom
invito al cielo

schizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's asses
professional cool person, getting ready to study creative writing and whatever else i feel like in a year or so.
Old 05.14.2007, 05:03 PM   #25
Savage Clone
invito al cielo

Savage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's asses
I deliver and assemble futons and furniture in peoples' homes.
I also do setups and teardowns for a sound company here that does large-scale events. I helped set up a stage, sound and lighting for the Beach Boys today.
Savage Clone is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.14.2007, 05:09 PM   #26
nomadicfollower
invito al cielo

nomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
I helped set up a stage, sound and lighting for the Beach Boys today.

Hell yeah!
nomadicfollower is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.14.2007, 05:57 PM   #27
Hip Priest
invito al cielo

Hip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's asses
When I left school I worked in one of those discount stores just doing bits and bobs, which was very boring indeed, and after that I had a brief spell in a bed showroom. It was through talking to a customer there that I then got a job in a tomato factory; you may not be aware that an estimated 92% of all tomatoes are not grown at all, but are made in factories from a by-product of petrol. That tomato making business became a bit tedious, especially having to paint all the tomatoes red - I experimented and sent out some tomatoes painted turqouise and purple and stuff, but no-one wanted them. As chance would have it though, the world's leading expert on the colour turquoise ("SHADE, Sebastian, SHADE - turquoise is not a bloody color at all!" she would cry) liked my ideas, and so I ended up working with her on the PR front. That was quite good, as I got to travel all over the world telling everyone how useful and pretty turquoise is (the Phillipinos became especially fond; I like to think that I'm responsible for a fair share of turquoise use in that part of the world, especially on fruit packaging), but I have to admit that my heart wasn't really in it, and eventually the woman I was working for got bought out in a hostile takeover. The new owners did a total makeover on her, replacing her legs with a newer stramlined model and upgrading her head, but they didn't like turquoise and so she was forced to become an expert on lime green instead. Lime green is a nice colour too, but that takeover was my cue to move on, and I soon found a position as assistant to Tony Bennett (yes - the Tony Bennett). Tony's a lovely chap, but after about 20 years doing that it had become increasingly obvious that no matter how good I was at being assistant to Tony Bennett, I was never going to be offered the actual position of being Tony Bennett himself (it went to a snide, sneering chap from Colchester, as I recall) and so I departed and returned to England. Once back on these friendly shores, I messed around for a bit doing things like cheese sculpture, freelance strawberry eating and writing a column on tractor seats for a national newspaper. For a week or so I was the Queen, whilst she was in hospital. The food and diplomats were cool enough, but that job could be hard. The sharing a bedroom with Prince Phillip bit I could cope with, but it's not easy being Prince Charles' mum, I can tell you. Lovely lad and all, you understand, but very keen on Jimmy Hendrix as I recall. It was whilst carrying out that job, however, opening a new public toilet in Buxton, that I was spotted by a representative of the National Museum of Milk Churns (I think he liked my scarf a lot, which reminds me of my top job-getting tip - always wear the best scarf that you can afford. You'd be surprised how important scarves are in life, and the purchase of a scarf should be dealt with with the utmost seriousness). Anyway, the National Museum of Milk Churns was building a new multi-million pound extension to house its collection of late 19th-century lead-lined churns - the finest such collection outside of Latvia - and so I happily spent the next 65 years sitting in the museum reading the newspaper and doing conducted tours of the churns. I also instigated the 'Chumbleby-Bonewaldstone Award' for excellence in writing on the subject of milk churns and secured a large bursary from one of our regular visitors to allow for a £25,000 annual prize. Im pleased to say that I won the thing the first year, with an article about the 17th-century ambassador and vandal Richard Harkshaw and his failed attemps to create an indestructible milk churn made from rhino skin. I'm sorry to say that some people questioned how I, as sole judge, could reasonably give myself the prize, especially since Mr Henrick Frobisher's manuscript An Analysis of the Circumference Variations of Early Saxon Milk Churns was so well thougt of that year. I explained that any other entries must have got lost in the post, but the milk churn world is a vindictive one, my friends, where people are quick to wrath, and I'm sorry to say that foes made are foes kept, so I was forced to resign from that job and accept a seat on the British Weedkiller Marketing Board, whose offices I razed to the ground within a fortnight. After that I rested for a bit until one day I wandered into a little shop and community centre close to where I now live, and offered to do some voluntary work. I'm still there, except it turned into a proper paid job, and it's very nice. We sell a mixture of Fairtrade and donated items, and the money allows the payment of two wages and keeps the rooms open for community use. We also provide many opportunities for volunteers of all ages. We even do outreach work and stalls and all that kind of thing. It's lovely.

Abhor that which is evil; cleave to that which is good.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/outsidethecamp/
Hip Priest is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.14.2007, 06:43 PM   #28
Savage Clone
invito al cielo

Savage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's asses
That insomnia is really working a number on you.
Savage Clone is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.14.2007, 06:57 PM   #29
MellySingsDoom
invito al cielo

MellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's asses
I work in the music industry. I work for The Man. The Man takes care of me. I am the epitome of capitalist evil. Ha ha ha!
Old 05.14.2007, 07:08 PM   #30
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by racehorse
where are you at, UCL? what is the fine art course like, if you don't mind me asking?

no, i'm at central saint martins, part of what is now known as the university of the arts, formerly the london institute. st martins is utterly shit, i can't think of one person i know there who has good things to say about the college. aside from fashion students.

i've got a couple of friends at the slade/ucl and they love it though, i regret not applying there.
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.14.2007, 07:13 PM   #31
terminal pharmacy
invito al cielo

terminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's asses
i work fulltime in the performing arts industry, 50% as a sound engineer in one of australias capital performing arts centres and 50% as sound designer/composer in theatre and experimental theatre. the expermental company i run just received $220,000 from the government in the form of a grant that we don't have to pay back.
terminal pharmacy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.14.2007, 07:33 PM   #32
youthoftomorrow
expwy. to yr skull

youthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's asses
i'm about to graduate from high school.

i have job orientation at the local Target tomorrow.
Old 05.14.2007, 07:35 PM   #33
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by terminal pharmacy
i work fulltime in the performing arts industry, 50% as a sound engineer in one of australias capital performing arts centres and 50% as sound designer/composer in theatre and experimental theatre. the expermental company i run just received $220,000 from the government in the form of a grant that we don't have to pay back.

that sounds like a kickass job. congratulations.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.14.2007, 07:46 PM   #34
Phlegmscope
expwy. to yr skull

Phlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toilet & Bowels
st martins is utterly shit,

I think you've been spewing hate at it for a couple of years already. What makes it so bad?
I have kind of similar feelings towards my school, after one year of studies it seems the degree program is just a few years long software course with theory classes that vaguely scrath the surface of the ideas and history of (graphic) design and media, but never get deeper. Some of the teachers are incompetent hacks and we have no lectures by some real designers / people working in the industry. ok, it's a small school (about maybe 550-650 degree students) in nowhere, but finland is a small country.
This is probably the result of too much education on this field. years ago when the new media buzz was a going concern, degree programs like this emerged in every fucking town and I'd imagine most of it is shite.
In a country size of this you need maybe two art/design schools and that's that.
Phlegmscope is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.14.2007, 07:56 PM   #35
terminal pharmacy
invito al cielo

terminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
that sounds like a kickass job. congratulations.

yes it is most of the time. cheers
Old 05.14.2007, 08:02 PM   #36
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
yes it is most of the time. cheers

oh this reminds me i have an audio question. could you please stick around while i post my thread?
Old 05.14.2007, 08:04 PM   #37
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phlegmscope
What makes it so bad?

lack of funding and facilities
disinterested tutors
no technical tuition
no pre50s historical studies
no place for students to hang out on campus
no subsidised shop or canteen, no bar
i don't get any personal studio space, just a large room shared by 80 people
visiting lecturers are 99% of the time hack artists living off funding
no tuition on how to engage with the art world once we leave college
i've probably spent 90 minutes total talking to my tutor since the start of the academic year started 8 months ago
and when i do talk to a tutor it is little more than a vague pep talk
the standard of work most students are capable of is appaling beyond belief
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.14.2007, 08:05 PM   #38
terminal pharmacy
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
oh this reminds me i have an audio question. could you please stick around while i post my thread?
sure unless you want my msn

Old 05.14.2007, 08:06 PM   #39
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
sure unless you want my msn

ops, no that's cool, thread is up. a "serious" thread for a change!
Old 05.14.2007, 08:27 PM   #40
drrrtyboots
invito al cielo

drrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's asses
High school student by day, cunning and witty brewista at a local coffee shop by night.

drrrtyboots is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth