Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page What Is A Freethinker?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06.14.2007, 03:30 PM   #21
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarramkrop

that's because there's nothing funny about masturbation. or so kegmama says. but i disagree.

http://sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=13708
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.14.2007, 03:55 PM   #22
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
there is no such thing as intellectual masturbation.
Just as there is no such thing as "thinking too much"

anyone who suggests it is just jealous of the mental girth and length!
Old 06.14.2007, 03:57 PM   #23
Savage Clone
invito al cielo

Savage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's asses
There is totally such a thing as intellectual masturbation.
It's called a book club.
Or an artist's lecture.
Savage Clone is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.14.2007, 04:31 PM   #24
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
There is totally such a thing as intellectual masturbation.
It's called a book club.
Or an artist's lecture.

ha ha

this reminds me of our book club from last summer, what a debacle that turned out to be. i blame arthelion for deserting us in our hour of need.

to the list of intellectual masturbation(s) i'll add then (for the fun):

a phd in the humanities
wire magazine
music discussions on the internet
religious, political, and philosophical discusion on the internet.
the internet.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.14.2007, 04:53 PM   #25
Katy
the destroyed room

Katy kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
to the list of intellectual masturbation(s) i'll add then (for the fun):

music discussions on the internet
religious, political, and philosophical discusion on the internet.

Is it masturbatory to discus these things offline? does the masturbation element depend on the location? (I'd say it could be deemed masturbatory to discuss music in a chalet at ATP. Or with strangers at a gig. Also, to discuss politics/philosophy/religion in a student lounge I'd call public masturbation... but it's possibly not masturbatory to discuss any of the above in, say, a pub.. or comedy club.. or when lying on the floor half-asleep after a party. I'd call that either conversation, entertainment or wastedness.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
the internet.

Now now, we all know there's nothing intellectual about 99% of the masturbation that goes on because of the internet.
Katy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.14.2007, 04:58 PM   #26
sarramkrop

So wrong. Intellectual masturbation comes with not making a clear and to the point observation about the world that surrounds you. Likely culprits on this forum or offline know, or more often don't know who they are.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.14.2007, 05:01 PM   #27
Green_mind
the end of the ugly

Green_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's asses
I consider nothing to be intellectual masturbation, unless someone is being pretentious.
Green_mind is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.14.2007, 05:04 PM   #28
Green_mind
the end of the ugly

Green_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
anyone who suggests it is just jealous of the mental girth and length!

wow, you must smoke a lot of weed to lubricate your mind.
Green_mind is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth