Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page halo 3/death of the internet
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09.27.2007, 04:18 PM   #21
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
I think what's interesting about the Gamecube is that it was actually the most powerful of the last-gen systems (most people don't know that but it's true), EASILY more powerful than the PS2 and a bit more powerful than the XBOX. However, the Gamecube was the least-selling of the 3 systems. Now, moving on to the Wii, everyone criticized it, "Oh, it's not as powerful as the other 2 systems!" But what do you know? It's the best-selling system EVER. Haha. And the least powerful system last time (PS2) won the console wars that gen; the most powerful system this time (PS3) is in last. Shit like that makes me laugh. All this hype, the critics, the message board trolls, thinking graphics/"power" is what makes a game/system.. yet at the end of the day, it is and always will be about fucking GAMEPLAY. For the love of God.

But yeah, I love those lil' Gamecube discs. Man. I really figured Twilight Princess would be on two discs; I mean, Tales of Symphonia is and they're about the same length (but Tales does have like hours of high quality animation videos). On another note, I don't bootleg games (I just buy 'em used for real cheap), but my friend said Gamecube discs were by far the hardest discs to make burnt copies of. Nintendo = smart.

Zelda makes me happy. This is dorky, but I don't give a fuck: My girlfriend is a big cosplay nerd, and she made me go to this convention at a con, and I dressed up as Link! There's a picture at my myspace if you're my friend (http://www.myspace.com/adamcooley) or you can add me as a friend and check it out. Haha. I also have a HUGE HUGE HUGE Link .. it's not a poster, it's like.. this cardboard piece of art.. it's way bigger than a regular paper "poster".. I got it from Blockbuster, I went in there one day and asked what they do with their posters when they're done with 'em, and they siad "throw 'em away" and I asked if I could have that Link one and they said, "Well.. okay, sure!" And just took it down and gave it to me then. Fucking epic. One night, I took some ambien CR and right before I fell asleep, I was staring at it and it looked like Link was coming after me. It was amazing.

Zelda <3

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.27.2007, 04:28 PM   #22
TheDom
expwy. to yr skull

TheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's asses
did they ever come out with that gamecube version of Twilight?

I love Zelda but I don't play games enough to justify buying a wii (I know they're real cheap but I hardly ever play games & I don't want to buy a wii just to play one game..)
TheDom is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.27.2007, 04:42 PM   #23
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
the gamecube version of twilight is what I play. it actually came out 8 months before the Wii version came out.

great game. welll worth anything you pay
Old 09.27.2007, 04:49 PM   #24
girlgun
invito al cielo

girlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's asses
god! it stinks of geek in here.
girlgun is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.27.2007, 04:52 PM   #25
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
haha no it didn't, rob, are you kidding?

the gamecube version came out about a month after the wii version. it was delayed a bit so people would "have to" buy the wii version (if they didn't want to wait).

read the wikipedia if you don't believe me.

Old 09.27.2007, 04:52 PM   #26
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

at least it doesn't stink of vagina.

or maybe it does now.

Old 09.27.2007, 04:58 PM   #27
girlgun
invito al cielo

girlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's asses
my vagina smells like roses, i'll have you know!
girlgun is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.27.2007, 05:31 PM   #28
Lethrneck4
children of satan

Lethrneck4 cold hard suckaLethrneck4 cold hard suckaLethrneck4 cold hard suckaLethrneck4 cold hard suckaLethrneck4 cold hard suckaLethrneck4 cold hard suckaLethrneck4 cold hard suckaLethrneck4 cold hard suckaLethrneck4 cold hard suckaLethrneck4 cold hard suckaLethrneck4 cold hard sucka
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
my save file for twilight has logged over 34 hours of game play and I am about 3/5 of the way through the freaking game! huge!!!!! How do they pack so much game into such a tiny gamecube disc?

haha, by the time i beat twilight princess i was up around 47 hours, what an enormous and awesome game,. im glad they took the extra time to make it bigger

id go with the Wii version, just cause of the ability to use the wiimote to fight and shoot arrows and stuff, makes it a lot more fun...the Wii is such a steal at the price it is, and its only gonna come down this holiday season.

i consider you dumb, ignorant, and irrelevant
perhaps more than a fly, but less than a fart. a joke - !@#$%!

Death by a firing squard of ten black gay men would be too good for this shithead. - atari2600

loser retard. pothead - !@#$%!

you're a real prick for acting so daft & being so disagreeable on purpose - atari2600

On the contrary, tesla69 is idiota numero uno - atari2600
Lethrneck4 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.27.2007, 09:37 PM   #29
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

Is 47 hours that long? Xenogears took me 78. Dragon Quest VIII took me 60. And I tend to speed past most games (some people said they took 80-100 hours first time through Dragon Quest VIII first time through and didn't do half the shit I did). Hmph.

Also, I wouldn't go with the Wii version, I'd rather use traditional controls, not to mention you'll have to change your batteries for the Wiimote at least twice while playing the game.

Old 09.28.2007, 09:15 AM   #30
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
my mistake. it says they were both released december of last year.

the game fucking rules!
Old 09.28.2007, 04:20 PM   #31
Lethrneck4
children of satan

Lethrneck4 cold hard suckaLethrneck4 cold hard suckaLethrneck4 cold hard suckaLethrneck4 cold hard suckaLethrneck4 cold hard suckaLethrneck4 cold hard suckaLethrneck4 cold hard suckaLethrneck4 cold hard suckaLethrneck4 cold hard suckaLethrneck4 cold hard suckaLethrneck4 cold hard sucka
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
Is 47 hours that long? Xenogears took me 78. Dragon Quest VIII took me 60. And I tend to speed past most games (some people said they took 80-100 hours first time through Dragon Quest VIII first time through and didn't do half the shit I did). Hmph.

Also, I wouldn't go with the Wii version, I'd rather use traditional controls, not to mention you'll have to change your batteries for the Wiimote at least twice while playing the game.

i dont think ive ever taken 47 hours to beat any other zelda, wind waker, ocarina of time, didnt take me nearly as long. after playin ocarina of time and wind waker on the gamecube, i still say the Wii version of twilight princess is better. the controls are new, and you gott get used to them, but you are actually slaying things with your sword, not just hittin a button to do it. you also have to aim with the wiimote and then fire your boomerang and arrows, which makes you feel like you are doing more. i was skeptical about the Wii just from a comtroller standpoint, but i havent played 1 Wii game where i wish i had a normal PS style controller, they make ti work great with the wiiimote and it makes you feel you are accomplishing more.

i too am a zelda geek, and outside sports games it reall the only game i play that takes me a long time to beat. ive never played those other games, but id think after 80-100 hours of gameplay, id be so fed up and over the game, i wouldnt care about beating it. zeldas are just long enough that you dont lose interest.

this new one for the nintendo DS looks very cool.again, im skeptical of this one just cause you have to use the stylus for the bulk of the game, but like with all things nintendo does, theyll make it work. ill only buy nintendo systems, i know im missing a lot of great games, but im more a casual player, i buy a 4 or 5 games a year....oh yeah, Transformers for the Wiii = fucking AWESOME...its like GTA meets transformers

my zelda playing wont be complete til i beat the bastard of all zelda games....LINK legend of zelda 2, to this day, i still cant beat that one, its the only one!

i bought a 20 pack of batteries for my wiimote when i got the wii, day it came out, i still havent gone thru them all...the batteries last longer than ya think, you can also buy a rechargable one, to save over time

Death by a firing squard of ten black gay men would be too good for this shithead. - atari2600

you're a real prick for acting so daft & being so disagreeable on purpose - atari2600

Old 09.28.2007, 05:32 PM   #32
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

haha i've beaten adventures of link!

i never got around to beating any of the gameboy/advance zeldas though..

Old 09.28.2007, 06:33 PM   #33
Lethrneck4
children of satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
haha i've beaten adventures of link!

i never got around to beating any of the gameboy/advance zeldas though..

haha, i gotta give zelda 2 another go...but as a kid it was the only game i couldnt beat i had. as far as the GBA ones, The Minish Cap is terrific. classic zelda game top down view, great graphics and gameplay, i had the gameboy adapter for my gamecube . btw, i agree with everything you said earlier about the gamecube..no one i would tell would believe me it was mroe powerful than PS2 and xbox..people think nintendo and just think little kids games....fuck them

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth