Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Britain braced for storm battering tonight!
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03.10.2008, 03:29 AM   #21
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantankerous
the reason i won't move to britain is due to the weather (and citizenship issues...i'm not giving up my US citizenship no way no how). and i wouldn't want to be in such close quarters with the welsh and madonna.

hey if you are semi-irish as you claim, you could score an irish pasport-- beat a british one 1000 to 1. have a friend who did that on the basis of a grandmother & spent a few years working in dublin. she's still an american citizen but in case of mccain getting elected she can flee.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.10.2008, 03:34 AM   #22
Cantankerous
invito al cielo

Cantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's asses
my great grandmother has an accent for christ's sake. i absolutely love ireland though so i would consider it but i still really don't want to leave the US.
Old 03.10.2008, 03:36 AM   #23
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
my great grandmother has an accent for christ's sake. i absolutely love ireland though so i would consider it but i still really don't want to leave the US.

still, in these dark times, an irish passport is much more welcome than an AmeriKKKan one.

did you ever read the history of the world in 10-1/2 chapters? i think julian barnes is overrated but there was the story of a ship hijacking that comes to mind...
Old 03.10.2008, 03:39 AM   #24
Cantankerous
invito al cielo

Cantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's asses
i have to say, i WILL leave if john mccain gets elected. i can't take another four years (minimum) of this shit. i think if i stayed here i would just I HAVE MEDICAAL PORBLEMS HALP the bastard and do america a favour.

no, i never read that book.
Old 03.10.2008, 03:58 AM   #25
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

book is pretty good, considering. better edit your post or you'll have the secret service at your door.

http://www.secretservice.gov/kids_faq.shtml#3

"The Secret Service also investigates people who make threats against the president, vice president and any of the other people the agency protects. These are probably Secret Service's most serious cases because it must be determined whether the person making the threat really wants to hurt one of these people or whether they may have some medical problems of their own, for which they need help."

and you know how *cough* "medical problems" are treated these days...

Old 03.10.2008, 04:08 AM   #26
Cantankerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
book is pretty good, considering. better edit your post or you'll have the secret service at your door.

http://www.secretservice.gov/kids_faq.shtml#3

"The Secret Service also investigates people who make threats against the president, vice president and any of the other people the agency protects. These are probably Secret Service's most serious cases because it must be determined whether the person making the threat really wants to hurt one of these people or whether they may have some medical problems of their own, for which they need help."

and you know how *cough* "medical problems" are treated these days...

edited solely for my own amusement
i'm not afraid of those pricks. first amendment rights, BITCH.
Old 03.10.2008, 04:13 AM   #27
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
edited solely for my own amusement
i'm not afraid of those pricks. first amendment rights, BITCH.

there was this funny/sad story in the washington city paper many many years ago.

there was this guy writing from jail. he had this apartment in the middle of the city that he had turned into a HUGE pot-growing warehouse. he was selling like a motherfucker, and nobody had any idea of his business-- his landlord was this old lady, etc.

but the poor fucker had a roommate.

so one day the roommate gets home stonedand drunk and acting like a little bitch and for some reason picks up the phone calls the white house & sez something about fucking up the president.

10 minutes later the secret service kicks down the door of the apartment and-- surprise!! they discover mr. hydro's growhouse.

oh yeah. true story. if it wasn't so old it would be archived in the website but it's not. suxx. as i recall, it was a fun read!
Old 03.10.2008, 04:20 AM   #28
Cantankerous
invito al cielo

lame. our gov't is LAME.
Old 03.10.2008, 04:45 AM   #29
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

OH YEAH I FOUND IT

FEATHERHEAD!!!

Cover story
Jackpot
Bike courier, dope peddler, and full-time hedonist—Featherhead had it made. Until his roommate threatened the president.
By Featherhead
3/21/1997

FUN READS!!
Old 03.10.2008, 04:50 AM   #30
Cantankerous
invito al cielo

haaaaaaaah.
Old 03.10.2008, 06:04 AM   #31
ZEROpumpkins
invito al cielo

ZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard sucka
This better not be like that earthquake.

London would be doomed.
Old 03.10.2008, 08:07 AM   #32
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

PAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurker
Yeah true. Some of the weather reports are weird here, some channels won't show the weather in Ireland though it's stupid not to, whereas on other channels you even sometimes see the weather for the edges of France, as well as Ireland. It's like somechannels are trying to spite Ireland.

reason being is that some channels , namely itv, dont actually have a licence to broadcast to ireland (utv is the northern irish channel) so they will not show ireland weather on say news at ten. we get all itv channels here on sky but the box have to be manually tuned to do so. we also get them as overspill on the terrestrial ariel as well but move westwardly the signal gets fainter and fainter until there is no signal at all. bbc have a licence and sky also has a licence to braodcast to ireland therefore we have the irish weather there. bbc is made up of regional channels so we get the regional weather........

we have rte here anyway so the forecasting is pretty good, well as good as it can be.

the storm by the way.... not much down here, a few brances down and a lot pf wiind and rain but nothing major although its coming back in a few hours and the tide is very high in wexford town any more rain may see a breach of the banks at some stage...........
Old 03.10.2008, 09:21 AM   #33
sonicl
invito al cielo

sonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toilet & Bowels
no trains this morning because the storm blew a tree on to the line = no work = awesomeness
Where is home for you? I'd always figured that you lived somewhere in central London.

sonicl is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.10.2008, 10:40 AM   #34
sarramkrop

The storm didn't seem to batter this part of town for what I can see.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.10.2008, 10:42 AM   #35
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAULYBEE2656
the storm by the way.... not much down here, a few brances down and a lot pf wiind and rain but nothing major although its coming back in a few hours and the tide is very high in wexford town any more rain may see a breach of the banks at some stage...........

those fucking druids... POWERFUL!!!
Old 03.10.2008, 04:29 PM   #36
Katy
the destroyed room

Katy kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's asses
There were double rainbows over London earlier. Pretty.
Katy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth