Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page What kind of physical shape are you " Guys " in
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05.29.2006, 12:11 AM   #21
krastian
invito al cielo

krastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asses
That's what I'm saying....the drums and lifting keep me pretty "strong" or whatever, but all the damn beer I drink is what kills me.....not to mention pizza. When I was in high school my doctor thought I ran track because my legs were built, but it was from playing the shit out of the bass pedal. I always thought that was funny.
Old 05.29.2006, 12:39 AM   #22
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
I play tennis too, Ripfrey05, that's my sport. I recently got some soccer goals for my backyard too & have only managed to play one real game with some friends so far. I'd love to have a tennis court. One day I will.

I've always been lean with a high metabolism up until the last few years. I'm probably 15-20 pounds overweight now, for the first time in my life. I am, after all, 37 years old. My calves have always been absolutely ridiculously huge & are often remarked upon as such, & that's the hardest place on the body to add muscle mass, so that means when I am in shape I get rather ripped rather easily. I also have mutant triceps.

Since this topic seems to be about machismo, I'll oblige. I am non-violent by nature, but I am incredibly strong & incredibly quick & smart & I can whip most anyone's ass. I have had guys much bigger than myself back down from a fight & I have never lost a fight. I have crazy eyes & very broad shoulders. When I was younger I attained a purple belt in taekwondo,(which is bullshit next to jujitsu I realize). My sensei ws an ex-Vietnam vet. I have also had informal training by a judo expert who trains police officers. I know how to pin your arm behind your back & send you to the ground in pain before you even know what happened.

I have disarmed a mugger by taking his knife away from him before & even though I was surrounded by other members of the crew, they all backed down when I did so because I made them all afraid enough to realize that I was no easy target. I was drop-dead drunk at the time & just trying to walk home from the bars. They are lucky that they didn't test me.

Another time, years ago also, I was with this next door neighbor & we were just walking home late at night/early in the morning after the bars & he decided to buy drugs when when we were approached by a dealer & his people. He got ripped off & spit at the dealer who had gypped him in the transaction. The dealer & other members of his gang went for him & he started running down the street. Since I had did nothing & said nothing I was just calmly walking away. When they didn't catch him they came back & as they did one guy stopped to confront me. I told the person that I had nothing to do with it & he punched me in the face twice successively. Because I was drunk & because I have the ability to steel my mind in a crisis, I didn't even recoil except to absorb the attack; the second punch didn't even land, but rather grazed me & any further punches would have resulted in me pinning him to the ground while grabbing his wrist. I told the guy that he didn't want what I have for him & he got scared & ran away. Again, another case of superior numbers against myself where I came out on top. I was drunk & his weak punches didn't even faze me at all. Most people have no power in their punches & have no technique & know nothing about fighting. I turned the other cheek during that altercation, & again, the person is damn lucky for running away; he & they made the right choice.

It doesn't even take force, just technique, hand-eye coordination, leverage & knowledge of the body's pressure points. The trick is to not even get mad & just execute & think of yourself as helping the person who is the opponent in the situation.

Once again, someone is ending a sentence with a preposition.
What kind of physical shape are you " Guys " in (?)
atari 2600 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.29.2006, 01:22 AM   #23
youthoftomorrow
expwy. to yr skull

youthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's asses
i am in horrible shape. i haven't exercised in years and i eat junk food all the time. i used to play football. back then i was in great shape; i could kick my brothers' asses with ease (that's not really the case anymore). i've never been in a real fight (nor do i plan on being in one).
Old 05.29.2006, 01:28 AM   #24
umjammer atomsk
the end of the ugly

umjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's asses
I've never fought anyone but I was beat up a few times in grade school.

I'm 5' 11" and weigh 155 lbs. People are always saying I'm thin but i have fat on my stomach and thighs, so I'm just average. I hate exercising and I eat pretty terribly. I don't really have too much muscle.

umjammer atomsk is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.29.2006, 02:09 AM   #25
Style
stalker

Style kicks all y'all's assesStyle kicks all y'all's assesStyle kicks all y'all's assesStyle kicks all y'all's assesStyle kicks all y'all's assesStyle kicks all y'all's assesStyle kicks all y'all's assesStyle kicks all y'all's assesStyle kicks all y'all's assesStyle kicks all y'all's assesStyle kicks all y'all's asses
I'm average, but I've been slacking off on my exercise habits and eating more since I had a little extra money left over. But I'm going to go back to my old eating habits, I don't neccessarily need to lose weight, I just want to feel lighter by eating less.
Style is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.29.2006, 04:26 AM   #26
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
A skinny runt of the highest grade although I do for some reason have a six pack. That must be from work.

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.29.2006, 05:20 AM   #27
alyasa
invito al cielo

alyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's asses
I've broken my nose many times, I've punched a guy till his nose was running continuously with blood, kicked a guy till he screamed for me to stop. All the times I have been in a fight, I was not the instigator. I'm only 5'8", weigh maybe abt 140-150 pounds? my glasses have been broken so many times, it's not funny. I'm not muscular, kinda big boned in a way and used to be in the army.
Old 05.29.2006, 05:22 AM   #28
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by alyasa
I've broken my nose many times, I've punched a guy till his nose was running continuously with blood, kicked a guy till he screamed for me to stop. All the times I have been in a fight, I was not the instigator. I'm only 5'8", weigh maybe abt 140-150 pounds? my glasses have been broken so many times, it's not funny. I'm not muscular, kinda big boned in a way and used to be in the army.

Right that's it i'm gonna make an "is alyasa crazy" thread

Old 05.29.2006, 05:24 AM   #29
alyasa
invito al cielo

alyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's asses
He could be... hehex
Old 05.29.2006, 05:43 AM   #30
Iain
invito al cielo

Iain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's asses
So most guys here are pretty skinny it would seem. I am average-ish I would say but I'm in no way toned or anything. I'm another one in the "about 5'8" and 145 lbs" gang.
Iain is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.29.2006, 06:10 AM   #31
jon boy
invito al cielo

jon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's asses
i guess i could be considered pretty healthy. apart from the smoking and occasional drink i dont really do much to my body thats harmful. i do exercise a bit and walk a hell of a lot so i am kinda skinnyish. infact i have lost quite a lot of weight recently.
jon boy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.29.2006, 07:56 AM   #32
Savage Clone
invito al cielo

Savage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's asses
I am pretty muscular, but fairly chubby around the middle. I work out and I ride a bike a lot. I am really strong, but have carried more than I would like around the midsection for a long time. I have never been the kind of guy to take off his shirt in public.
I have never really been skinny in my post-adolescence. I have a 36 waist and weigh 210 pounds, but I have a fairly large build in any case and if I were completely buff and fit, I think I would have a 34 waist and weigh about 185.
I think I am pretty healthy though; biking, working out, vegan diet, nonsmoker. I just enjoy bread and pasta too much.
So yeah, I could definitely drop a few pounds, but mostly in the midsection.
Savage Clone is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.29.2006, 08:01 AM   #33
porkmarras
invito al cielo

porkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's asses
I am on the still right side of huggable chubbiness.I always tended to put on weight if i go on regular benders.I walk a lot and i have very strong shoulders.I should do more about my diet though.

porkmarras is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.29.2006, 08:12 AM   #34
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
My cardiovascular system is shite, but I do walk an awful lot. Some afternoons I'll do 10-15 miles or so if needs be. I'm not really noticibly toned, but I'm not too shabby on the old body front.

I, like many a white indie kid type, have no arse to speak of whatsoever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.29.2006, 08:33 AM   #35
truncated
invito al cielo

truncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
I am pretty muscular, but fairly chubby around the middle. I work out and I ride a bike a lot. I am really strong, but have carried more than I would like around the midsection for a long time. I have never been the kind of guy to take off his shirt in public.
I have never really been skinny in my post-adolescence. I have a 36 waist and weigh 210 pounds, but I have a fairly large build in any case and if I were completely buff and fit, I think I would have a 34 waist and weigh about 185.
I think I am pretty healthy though; biking, working out, vegan diet, nonsmoker. I just enjoy bread and pasta too much.
So yeah, I could definitely drop a few pounds, but mostly in the midsection.

Tummies are ultra hot.
truncated is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.29.2006, 10:11 AM   #36
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
the tummy area seems to be the only area that i ever gain weight.

(too)

i suppose i could have just written that last night, but you know, i was all riled up due to a certain poster that must get the 'ol heave-ho.
atari 2600 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.29.2006, 10:19 AM   #37
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

Who?

Old 05.29.2006, 10:20 AM   #38
truncated
invito al cielo

truncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's asses
I like grabbable tummies. Some pudge around the middle is very endearing and unbelievably sexy.

Nothing hotter than a side profile with a pooching stomach. Yeahhhhh.
truncated is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.29.2006, 10:46 AM   #39
noumenal
expwy. to yr skull

noumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard sucka
I lost 70 pounds 4 years ago. Went from 255 to 185. I'm 5'11. I was a fatty mcfatkins. Ain't a fatty no more, I guess. In high school, I weighed 165.
noumenal is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.29.2006, 10:56 AM   #40
A Thousand Threads
expwy. to yr skull

A Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's asses
What do i do to keep in shape?

I eat my sauerkraut
A Thousand Threads is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth