Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page The Mighty Motorsport Thread 2009
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04.02.2009, 03:17 PM   #21
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

PAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's asses
also on kers, its pants and i agree with eddie jordan, come mid season everyone will have it and it will negate the use of it or brawn will keep winning without it and no one will use it cuz it adds weight to the car..... its dumb, pointless and artificial...it doesnt do a lot for the environmental side eiter...bin it before one backfires in an accident and kills a marshall by electrocution or even a driver..... imean a loaded kers has not been crashed yet and there were major shocks in testing whilst mechanics worked on cars..... imagine one dioscharging whilst being refuelled in a crowded pit lane...it doesnt warrant the risk in my opinion........

roll on sepang, they are expecting a monsoon like rain as the race is held at 5pm local time and it always rains in the evening heavy in malaysia..... im not making any predictions at all apart from the fact that brawn and toyota are gonna be very strong again....
Old 04.02.2009, 03:34 PM   #22
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Yeah. i wasn't aware of the safety issues with kers but that only adds to my reservations. It just seems unnatural.

demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.02.2009, 03:55 PM   #23
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAULYBEE2656
4 days later, they disqualify hamilton from the race for "tryiong to fool the stewards" and reinstate trulli in 3rd....what the fuck is the fia at...they cant make a desicion and stick to it..ive never seen so much backtracking and stupid rule bending desicions being made by the fia ever....all in the last couiple of months..

max mosely has to go or there is gonna be a drivers strike, they wont put up with this indesicive governing body...... what will happen next..a ten place grid penalty if your car isnt italian made???? unbelievable goings on!

This is the very kind of thing i was hoping would'nt blight F1 this season. If Hamilton and McLaren did cheat then they deserve their punishment, but the sport simply can't sustain this constant practice of changing results so long after the race has finished. It's going to get to a stage where it's pointless watching a race at all, just waiting a few days until the 'official' result is released.

Besides infringements relating to the car, there has to be a policy now where all driving incidents (such as the one between Vettel and Kubica) have to be settled by the stewards during the course of the race or at least before the podium. I think fans can tolerate stewards making the odd mistake far more than they can this insane practice of rewriting of results.
Old 04.04.2009, 08:27 AM   #24
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Saw the qualifiying for Malaysia. A very close call in terms of car performance. Button is supposed to like the track and, having gained pole, has to be favourite. The prospect of rain is bound to play its part though.

Signals coming from the FIA seem to suggest that McLaren's punishment over the Trulli affair may not stop with them being disqualified from the Australian Grand-Prix. Another shadow that'll be hanging over F1 for weeks to come I'm sure. Add to that the diffuser controversy and the uncertainty about KERS, this season has all the makings of being even messier than the fiasco two seasons ago.
Old 04.04.2009, 08:40 AM   #25
al shabbray

thats what really rocked!!!
Rallying without any limitations. like formula one on gravel, dirt and asphalt. (yes it cost some lifes, but...yes)
want it back!
the only good german drver I really liked for his style and his attitude: Walter Röhrl
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.05.2009, 07:22 AM   #26
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Well that was interesting.

Old 04.05.2009, 09:57 AM   #27
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

PAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's asses
yes..gropu 4 was amazing...but highly lethal too, many deaths due to silly spectators and stupid officials allowing them to stand wherever they wanted..... but hey, it was banned for a good reason....shame the ford r40 never managed to get going tho..great car and now all group 4 cars rule rallycross worldwide...metros, quattros, etc etc....insane machines...check out a film called "too fast to race".... awesome footage....

as for the grand prix...greatrace cut short by the inevitablilty of a monsoon which happens daily every evening in malaysia...wityh this knowledge it still seems odd the fia decided to run the race 2 hours late, ok, the europeans are out of bed an tv figures rocket up but at what cost.....

it seemed odd to me as well that the cars were ordered to the grid, drivers ordered to remain in cars and be ready for a restart when it was bloody obvious there wouldnt be one and if there was the drivers would refuse to race because it would have been suicide.... only to wait for the alloted 2 hours to elapse to declare the race over...it seemed dull and merely done to fill up the allocated worldwide tv schedule.. the race should have been declared done after about 20 minutes of red flag, it was obvious then that they couldnt have met half distance..... anyone who doubt the drivers ability to race in such conditions should think back to adelaide in 1989...

great result tho..button and toyota look good and damn that red bull is a s quick as it is good looking.....roll on the next one! bahrain??? yeah bahrain..at least it will be dry!
Old 04.05.2009, 12:52 PM   #28
demonrail666
invito al cielo

I predict torrential sand storms.
Old 04.19.2009, 09:43 AM   #29
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

...and we all forgot about shanghai...

another great race and are we gonna have a normal race this year????

fantastic driving by the red bull pair, great result and highly deserved....this opens up the championship big time..... as for ferrari...well they are in trouble big time....

time to get rid of kers, if all the kers teams are struggling and only 3 cars had it in china and they did practically nothing, it doesnt seem to be worth the hassle..... and what will red bull do when they bolt on their new now 100% legal double diffuser....that car is certainly quicker than the brawn on face value i reckon...next week is bahrain, more of the same please!!!
Old 04.23.2009, 09:13 PM   #30
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Shanghai was a tremendous race.

Ferrari just seem to have lost the plot completely. I sound like a scratched record on this, but Kimi just seems to be doing all he can to get dropped. The ice lolly incident in Malaysia, the general lack of enthusiasm in Shanghai. I'm sure he must be seen as a bit of an embarrassment by his team. The car's clearly not up to it, but at least Massa is making some kind of effort. Kimi just doesn't seem to want to know.

Absolutely agree about kers. I wouldn't be at all surprised if within a few races no team is using it.

And am I alone in not liking this whole thing in qualifying where you fuel up for the race in Q3? I know it's been like that for at least a couple of years now but I'm sure It'd be far more interesting if all the cars used the same fuel (and then put their actual race fuel in afterwards). As it is, qualifying doesn't really prove anything. Call me old fashioned, but shouldn't grid position be given in order of car/driver, rather than strategy?
Old 04.30.2009, 12:42 PM   #31
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

yeah but if it was a level playing field the same cars would rise to the top all the time, thats why they introduced the fuel thing, it is artificial i agree..
see they are going to ban refuelling for the 2010 season!!!!! that will be interesting..is it safer in the pits or is it more dangerous out on track......
the tyres will certainly have to be a lot harder for a start...

as for bahrain, bmw should really get their drivers new jobs and leave the sport, that was the worst display of an f1 team i think ive ever seen and i include the life team, andrea moda and lola in that...at least they tried!!!!

this weekend sees irealnd about to clinch the a1gp title.... live on sky1 (not skysports) sunday at 1.30pm.... dont miss it!!!!
Old 05.01.2009, 03:58 AM   #32
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Yeah, I just read about the no fuel change thing. Like you say, it seems quite an odd decision. Although not as odd as Mosley's optional budget cap which seems to say you can spend whatever you like but if you do you have to spend it on making a car that won't be competitive. I've never understood optional rulings. It's either a rule or it isn't. I'm in favour of the budget cap, but it has to be universal.
Old 05.01.2009, 10:12 AM   #33
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

yes..you cant be half pregnant!
at least with the budget cap, 4 or 5 more temas are now interested in going in on the sport..it would be nice to see a full grid of gp cars again, we havent had that for over 10 years now!

also a note...last weeks nascar race in talledega ended quite amazingly spectacular..7 fans were hurt, not seriously but what an end to a 3 and a half hour 180+mph race...
Old 05.01.2009, 10:59 AM   #34
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Yeah, as I said, I'm in favour of the budget cuts. The idea that teams will be able to start running at a profit again is essential for the sport's survival (I only wish they'd do the same in the premiership). I just find the whole option thing counter-productive.

Interested to know what people thought of McLaren's rather limp wrist slap over the lie-gate thing. Strikes me that Bernie was desperate not to have the defending world champion (and biggest public draw) out of the tournament for three races and so brokered some kind of a deal with the board of judges to keep him on the track. I mean I really can't see a suspended three match ban going to a team like Red Bull. And I say that as a McLaren/Hamilton fan.

And ABSOLUTELY YES, regarding BMW. I can see a lot of team reshuffles at the end of the season, both at BMW and Ferrari. I'd certainly be surprised if Dominicalli (sp) is still running the show at Ferrari next season, or even by the end of this one, if things don't dramatically improve for them very soon. This is hotting to be an intriguing season both on the track and on the pit-wall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAULYBEE2656
also a note...last weeks nascar race in talledega ended quite amazingly spectacular..7 fans were hurt, not seriously but what an end to a 3 and a half hour 180+mph race...

As interesting as F1 is right now, that was fucking AMAZING! I really must make more effort to watch nascar. Everything i hear about it, and whenever I see clips it just seems really full-on.
Old 05.01.2009, 11:03 AM   #35
Kloriel
expwy. to yr skull

Kloriel kicks all y'all's assesKloriel kicks all y'all's assesKloriel kicks all y'all's assesKloriel kicks all y'all's assesKloriel kicks all y'all's assesKloriel kicks all y'all's assesKloriel kicks all y'all's assesKloriel kicks all y'all's assesKloriel kicks all y'all's assesKloriel kicks all y'all's assesKloriel kicks all y'all's asses
what the fuck! What did you do with the owls?
Old 05.01.2009, 11:04 AM   #36
demonrail666
invito al cielo

They were freaking out the black kids so I got rid of them.
Old 05.01.2009, 11:09 AM   #37
Kloriel
expwy. to yr skull

Kloriel kicks all y'all's assesKloriel kicks all y'all's assesKloriel kicks all y'all's assesKloriel kicks all y'all's assesKloriel kicks all y'all's assesKloriel kicks all y'all's assesKloriel kicks all y'all's assesKloriel kicks all y'all's assesKloriel kicks all y'all's assesKloriel kicks all y'all's assesKloriel kicks all y'all's asses
i can tell you're not being honest with me.
Old 05.01.2009, 11:11 AM   #38
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Look at the poor little devil. One look at that signature and he's a gibbering wreck. It was the right thing to do I suppose, given the whole post Obama thing.
Old 05.01.2009, 11:12 AM   #39
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Besides, I always found your previous avatar strangely erotic. Why did you change that? Not the coloureds again i take it.
Old 05.01.2009, 11:13 AM   #40
Kloriel
expwy. to yr skull

so you're asking me to imagine that your new sig man was filmed reacting to your old sig?
ok i can do that.
but i still don't believe you.

BRING BACK THE OWLS

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth