Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page why 300 is a shit movie & i was bored
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03.25.2007, 01:49 PM   #21
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex's Trip
Silent Hill was hilarious. Half of it didn't make sense either.

That one chick got raped by barb wire, and then split in half. My friends and I were laughing our asses off.

Sounds hysterical.

I'll bet you and your friends love yukkin' it up to the Final Destination franchise too.
atari 2600 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.25.2007, 02:02 PM   #22
Alex's Trip
invito al cielo

Alex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's asses
Haven't seen any of them. Sorry, Atari...

Edit: And by the way, we were only laughing at how ridiculous that whole scene was. It was competely unnecessary and only there to "shock." The kicker was that people in the theater were actually shocked.
Alex's Trip is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.25.2007, 03:26 PM   #23
Prisstina
the end of the ugly

Prisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's asses
man, go see "the host".

Prisstina is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.25.2007, 03:41 PM   #24
jon boy
invito al cielo

jon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's asses
i think i will wait until its on telly.

|@ <------- Euphoric brain cell just moments before expiration
V

_ \ / _
PING <-------- moments later
/ \

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljhxq...isruo1_500.gif

jon boy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.25.2007, 04:01 PM   #25
nature scene
100%

nature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard sucka
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
''

well there were overall 5000 greeks including slaves, but the movie shows only 300 spartans and a handful of acadians. plus the naval battles. there was a lot more going on which *would have been fun to see* instead of more boring, repetitive speeches.

then they skip all the way to the battle of platea while ignoring salamis where xerxes was crushed at sea

take for example blade II - that was an awesome action movie. why? because of the director-- guillermo del toro kicks ass. blade II was non-stop action, awesome shots, and yet it was fantastic and a little absurd but it kept your attention & it was exciting & all. zack snyder however is no guillermo del toro. he's better off doing zombie movies.

plus-- "freedom isn't free"??

CMON PEOPLE!!

Blade II? Seriously? I'm a guillermo del toro fan and a blade fan, but that movie was terrible.

To complain about the historical accuracy of a movie based on a graphic novel is a little absurd, especially since it wasn't that inaccurate. It actually follows the writings of Herodotus rather well. Sure, it skips the naval part - because the naval battle was at Artemision. This movie is simply a focus on the Spartans that fought at Thermopylae. All in all, the inaccuracies of the movie are not damaging, and I found the movie rather entertaining - which is what movies are supposed to do. It's not the best movie of the year, but it's certainly not a terrible movie. Blade 2 was a terrible movie.

I'm a little more sympathetic to your "freedom isn't free" rant, but I think people have been saying stuff like that before Dubya came around. In fact, it's probably foolish to assume that rhetoric like that wasn't used in ancient Greece.
nature scene is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.25.2007, 06:47 PM   #26
Tokolosh
invito al cielo

Tokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's asses
I don't bother watching this sort of crap. It wouldn't even cross my mind to hire it on video. Waste of celluloid.
Old 03.25.2007, 08:41 PM   #27
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by nature scene
Blade II? Seriously? I'm a guillermo del toro fan and a blade fan, but that movie was terrible.

well, that simply means that we have different tastes. for me it was quite a fun piece of visual entertainment. blade II >> blade I by far. i haven't dared see the... blade trinity or something. see, sometimes i am in the mood for a little action entertainment & this one really hit the spot. it's very well made. the cinematography was awesome-- if you have some training in watching film you'll spot the brilliant use of chiaroscuro throughout the film. the action was great, especially the different fighting choreographies. there was a lot of visual humor & there was a little of everything. no deep lessons in life however. no transcendental plots. i wasn't looking for them. but del toro rules.

Quote:
To complain about the historical accuracy of a movie based on a graphic novel is a little absurd, especially since it wasn't that inaccurate. It actually follows the writings of Herodotus rather well. Sure, it skips the naval part - because the naval battle was at Artemision. This movie is simply a focus on the Spartans that fought at Thermopylae. All in all, the inaccuracies of the movie are not damaging, and I found the movie rather entertaining - which is what movies are supposed to do. It's not the best movie of the year, but it's certainly not a terrible movie. Blade 2 was a terrible movie.

look, mang, in real life leonidas didn't "break the law" and "defy the council" to go on a little cowboy adventure of his own, like george bush. the prophecy didn't say "do nothing". the prophecy said that a king had to die to save sparta, and so leonidas went knowing he'd die.

i don't know if the whole "breaking the law" was a part of the 1998 comic, which i haven't read, but it's quite naive to play it in 2007 and pretend there will be no echoes.

also, the spartans did not fight alone. they did NOT. they did hold the pass sending most of the other armies back, but they were a portion of a much larger army. other city-states took part in greater numbers.

also may i say they weren't stupid enough to fight in their loinclothes like a bunch of chippendale dancers. jeezus. but maybe that was in the comic. i just find it utterly laughable & mentally retarded.

this bullshit is all like "america goes to invade iraq in spite of everyone's disapproval, but they are right to do it, cos "freedom isn't free", and they stand for reason and freedom!. (as if the spartand didn't have loads of slaves. but i digress....).

Quote:
I'm a little more sympathetic to your "freedom isn't free" rant, but I think people have been saying stuff like that before Dubya came around. In fact, it's probably foolish to assume that rhetoric like that wasn't used in ancient Greece.

sorry, that's a load of cocks. you can't be a screen writer living in the XXI century and not have an ear for dialogue, and not know what this expression means in your contemporary environment. please! pleeeeease!! that excuse just doesn't fly-- this was a VERY conscious statement written in 2006. the greeks may have said a lot of things and there was a whole paraphernalia of expressions to choose from-- considering especially that that part of the story about the wife was totally fictional and made for the movie.

!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.25.2007, 10:06 PM   #28
HaydenAsche
invito al cielo

HaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's asses
I wont' see it.
Old 03.26.2007, 12:38 AM   #29
krastian
invito al cielo

krastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asses
I like del Torro much more as a person/fan of horror than his movies.
Old 03.26.2007, 12:53 AM   #30
Cantankerous
invito al cielo

Cantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's asses
i don't get the hype surrounding it. and no, i will not be seeing it.
Old 03.26.2007, 01:20 AM   #31
EyeballGrowth
the end of the ugly

EyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's asses
I already thought that movie looked dumb as hell. I was at the movies last night and people were going on and on about how great it was, and I was saying how it looked like every epic type of movie made in the past 7 years. Then I got home and there was a skit on saturday night live making fun of it. Lol
EyeballGrowth is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.26.2007, 10:11 AM   #32
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
I saw 300 this Friday. I give it a B-
I was entertained. I loved the battle scenes, and the killing,a nd I need to see it again because I am sure I missed some choice killing and decapitation and gore.
According to the historians the 300 spartans held off the persian army long enough to allow the greeks to gather a force to battle the persians. Liek the Alamo and shit.

and Freedom is NOT free. whatever bush has ever done and said, when he said this, he was RIGHT.

all in all i found the movie thin, but historically accurate when it comes to the spartans. they DID kill off weak children. they did train their boys to endure paina nd fear. they did take the bouys from mother's at age 7 and train them in combat and killing. All that stuff is true.

and BTW, I too thought Blade II was great! I enjoyed it thoroughly!
Old 03.26.2007, 10:13 AM   #33
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
and also, 300 is a small niche movvie noone expected to do anything, and it has been surprising people right and left because viewers keep watching it. that is a SUCCESS story. My g/f could not even watch 1/3 of it due to the gore!!! KILL KILL KILLL!!!!
Old 03.26.2007, 11:11 AM   #34
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
haha-- well i did like parts of it, and as i mentioned i was enjoying the movie until about 1/2 of it where the litany of repetitive speeches began.

i know that "freedom isn't free" but cmon, this corrupted shit has tainted those words and anyone who quotes them in such a public context is an accomplice.

see i didnt expect total accuracy sure but i hate love letters to rumsfeld. fuck that shit.

maybe i'm overanalizing but i couldnt help it-- illegal wars in the name of "freedom" give me the fucking willies.

tonight we die! for glory! for freedom! for reason! we die! tonight! eat your wheaties! cmon... too many of those.

but yeah the first half was quite entertaining. fuck zack snyder. in the hands of robert rodriguez this would have been much better.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth