Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page All You Uni Kids!!!
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03.28.2007, 05:32 PM   #21
Jt
children of satan

Jt cold hard suckaJt cold hard suckaJt cold hard suckaJt cold hard suckaJt cold hard suckaJt cold hard suckaJt cold hard suckaJt cold hard suckaJt cold hard suckaJt cold hard suckaJt cold hard sucka
Feel free to elaborate...
Old 03.28.2007, 05:33 PM   #22
Washing Machine
expwy. to yr skull

Washing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jt
Well hopefully it'll have a cosmopolitan vibe, which is more than I can say for the Durham side. I just opted for prestige and tradtional... and that's exactly what I got at the expense of a really creative, interesting student body and place. In hindsight I would have happily applied somewhere with a lesser rep but with WAY MORE INTERESTING things going on. It's a double-barrel thing, too... where you choose to study is important because certain places attract certain demographics, which obviously shape how you make friends (and who with)...

I understand...Part of me would have liked to have gone for that whole Oxford/Cambridge/Durham thing, but i know I would have hated it. I love being around creative, interesting people. What really made the decision for me was hanging out with my friend (who is in Cardiff Uni) and being really unimpressed by the students. I always thought Uni would be full of interlectuals and i could sit all up talking about obscure music, listening to Glenn Branca records. As it turns they are a bunch of boring dumbarses that know nothing outside of who won Big Brother. This Uni seemed to be different and seemed to be attracting (mainly because of the Art, Drama and Music courses) people who hopefully will be a bit of fun.
Old 03.28.2007, 05:39 PM   #23
Jt
children of satan

Jt cold hard suckaJt cold hard suckaJt cold hard suckaJt cold hard suckaJt cold hard suckaJt cold hard suckaJt cold hard suckaJt cold hard suckaJt cold hard suckaJt cold hard suckaJt cold hard sucka
Again, I know exactly where you're coming from. I assumed people here would be the kind of intelligent people that would appreciate the arts but that's not the case at all - they just work very hard. I guess you can have different types of intelligence and so on, but it's a shame. Just you mentioning there about sitting up all night listening to Branca... shit, I wish. Instead it's football or who likes who or... it's like I'm 13 again.
Old 03.28.2007, 05:49 PM   #24
Cantankerous
invito al cielo

Cantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blatherskite
Kinda like in France? College is High School and Uni is college.

Here, we have Community College, State College, University College...
community college is also referred to as junior college.
Old 03.28.2007, 05:57 PM   #25
Washing Machine
expwy. to yr skull

Washing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jt
Again, I know exactly where you're coming from. I assumed people here would be the kind of intelligent people that would appreciate the arts but that's not the case at all - they just work very hard. I guess you can have different types of intelligence and so on, but it's a shame. Just you mentioning there about sitting up all night listening to Branca... shit, I wish. Instead it's football or who likes who or... it's like I'm 13 again.

Exactly! These people know nothing outside of the subject they study. I dont expect people to like the same things as me, but they could at least be interesting on some level or attempt a intellegent discourse towards the music i'm listening to as opposed to 'Thats Shit' or 'Thats not music its noise'.
Perhaps we have outdated 1960's Free School beliefs about Uni, but I dunno it seems like Uni people can be the most boring.

I never seem to actually meet in real life the type of people that post on this board.
Old 03.28.2007, 06:00 PM   #26
Jt
children of satan

That's the problem though. Think about this - in the whole WORLD, this message board is the sum total of the people who care enough about Sonic Youth to actually post here and talk about music/art/literature et al.

The whole world.

Now think about your chances of meeting someone this way inclined in real life... fairly unlikely. We're scattered across the globe.
Old 03.28.2007, 06:11 PM   #27
Washing Machine
expwy. to yr skull

Jt I think you have a point...
It is indeed a very sad world...
Old 03.28.2007, 06:14 PM   #28
Washing Machine
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucyrulesok
Well, there is a social life, if you like getting drunk, dancing to rnb and snogging strangers to get free drinks. oh, and paying £3 for a pint. and nothing else.

You drink Pints?
AWESOME! I always said If I met a girl who drank pints (instead of spirits, WKD, Bacardi brezzers etc) I would marry her...

Rock On! Oxford sucks, you're much better out of it
Old 03.28.2007, 06:15 PM   #29
Cantankerous
invito al cielo

Cantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Washing Machine
You drink Pints?
AWESOME! I always said If I met a girl who drank pints (instead of spirits, WKD, Bacardi brezzers etc) I would marry her...

i do. i'll drink anything except for malt liquor and wine coolers.
Old 03.28.2007, 06:30 PM   #30
Washing Machine
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantankerous
i do. i'll drink anything except for malt liquor and wine coolers.

Amazing. what beers do you drink?

Mine are Hoegaarden, Brains Dark, Guinness and I love searching for new rare and local ales...i'm somewhat of a connoisseur when it comes to my beer.
Old 03.28.2007, 06:31 PM   #31
luxinterior
invito al cielo

luxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantankerous
wine coolers

The scum of the earth.

"I sweat like a fucking nun on Sunday...I don't even know what that means."
- Sebastian Bach

luxinterior is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.28.2007, 06:34 PM   #32
Iain
invito al cielo

Iain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
I understand...Part of me would have liked to have gone for that whole Oxford/Cambridge/Durham thing, but i know I would have hated it. I love being around creative, interesting people. What really made the decision for me was hanging out with my friend (who is in Cardiff Uni) and being really unimpressed by the students. I always thought Uni would be full of interlectuals and i could sit all up talking about obscure music, listening to Glenn Branca records. As it turns they are a bunch of boring dumbarses that know nothing outside of who won Big Brother. This Uni seemed to be different and seemed to be attracting (mainly because of the Art, Drama and Music courses) people who hopefully will be a bit of fun.

Wow. Don't take this the wrong way or anything but I'm glad I didn't have such an idealised view of university before I went. I didn't think there would be wuite as many cuntrags as there were though.
Iain is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.28.2007, 06:35 PM   #33
Iain
invito al cielo

Iain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
You drink Pints?

You live in Cardiff dude! There are loads of girls that drink pints...approximately all of them!
Old 03.28.2007, 06:36 PM   #34
Iain
invito al cielo

Quote:

Mine are Hoegaarden, Brains Dark, Guinness and I love searching for new rare and local ales...i'm somewhat of a connoisseur when it comes to my beer.

Get your ass down the Albany (just off Albany road) and talk to the man with the impressive moustache behind the bar. He'll reccomend something.
Old 03.28.2007, 06:36 PM   #35
Cantankerous
invito al cielo

Quote:

oh, just off the top of my head, guinness, heineken, peroni, grolsch, bass...american beer is shit. pisswater.
Quote:
Originally Posted by luxinterior
The scum of the earth.

over 4th of july weekend last year i had some beer from Aldi's called north star (don't ever buy it) that tasted like fucking rotten wine cooler.
Old 03.28.2007, 06:37 PM   #36
Iain
invito al cielo

OK, another one for WM. Where the fuck is this!? I haven't noticed it yet:

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/187/4...e8db98.jpg?v=0
Old 03.28.2007, 06:38 PM   #37
Jt
children of satan

Well I know the original Budvar beats the hell out of Budweiser. I drank that stuff out in Prague... Jesus. I'd had ten by the end of the day... blew my head off.
Old 03.28.2007, 06:48 PM   #38
Washing Machine
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iain
Get your ass down the Albany (just off Albany road) and talk to the man with the impressive moustache behind the bar. He'll reccomend something.

Haha Will do!

I know there are girls that drink beer but I never seem to meet them. I used to know loads but as they get older they seem to get embrassed about drinking beer, with it supposingly not being ladylike. Which is a loads of bollocks. And on the rare occasion i do meet a hot girl who drinks beer, they don't drink good beer!

The Uni is being built on Adams Road by the Prison (LOL) if you walk down past the future site of that St Davids2 abomination, past the CIA and under the bridge you can't miss it!
Old 03.28.2007, 06:49 PM   #39
Washing Machine
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jt
Well I know the original Budvar beats the hell out of Budweiser. I drank that stuff out in Prague... Jesus. I'd had ten by the end of the day... blew my head off.

I think I tryed that, but then again anything beats the hell out of Budweiser
Old 03.28.2007, 07:06 PM   #40
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

the reason most people you know like big brother & say your music is shit because that is what most people in the world are like, and going to university WILL NOT help you escape them, in fact it's like the opposite, you'll get people trying to intellectualise their vacuity and their like of rubbish things. this is especially the case if you try to keep the company of so-called (and as i type this i grit my teeth) "creative" people.
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth