Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Anime/manga
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05.15.2006, 08:18 AM   #21
JazzyJeff
little trouble girl

JazzyJeff kicks all y'all's assesJazzyJeff kicks all y'all's assesJazzyJeff kicks all y'all's assesJazzyJeff kicks all y'all's assesJazzyJeff kicks all y'all's assesJazzyJeff kicks all y'all's assesJazzyJeff kicks all y'all's assesJazzyJeff kicks all y'all's assesJazzyJeff kicks all y'all's assesJazzyJeff kicks all y'all's assesJazzyJeff kicks all y'all's asses
most anime's r pretty cool ive seen alot of different ones though i would name them all but i dont feel like typing all of them too much work id say but i just now got into watching Naruto...its pretty cool i guess alot of stupid pointless flashbacks and dumb stuff but the action is ok ive seen like 130+ out of the 180 something episodes not that great of an anime cause its too long but i would say to watch episodes 48-50 cause thats my favorite ones
JazzyJeff is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.31.2007, 09:46 AM   #22
mangajunky
expwy. to yr skull

mangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by umjammer atomsk
All of Satoshi Kon's work is amazing; Perfect Blue, Millenium Actress, Tokyo Godfathers and Paranoia Agent. He also has a new film coming out, Paprika, about a dream detective and it looks like it's gonna be awesome.

I just saw Paprika last night @ the AMC25 on 42nd. That movie is breathtaking. Don't miss it.

I'd go see it again in a heartbeat.

Don't let yer meat loaf.
mangajunky is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.31.2007, 09:56 AM   #23
lungfish
bad moon rising

lungfish kicks all y'all's asseslungfish kicks all y'all's asseslungfish kicks all y'all's asseslungfish kicks all y'all's asseslungfish kicks all y'all's asseslungfish kicks all y'all's asseslungfish kicks all y'all's asseslungfish kicks all y'all's asseslungfish kicks all y'all's asseslungfish kicks all y'all's asseslungfish kicks all y'all's asses
yeah I saw the first showing of Paprika last friday.
beautiful beautiful movie. you definitely have to pay attention to every second of it.

i'm a fan of all the definitive classics that have already been mentioned.
Ninja Scroll is the first anime I truly fell in love with and I love it to this day.
and of course Miyazaki's work is immensely great.
Grave Of The Fireflies is another great anime.
My brother's knows more of the hundreds of series out there, but I only know little of it.
he lets me know what's good and worth mentioning though haha.

Just yesterday we watched the live action movie of Nana and both Death Note movies.
he says I have to watch the GTO live action series cause it's beyond awesome.
i'm excited, currently downloading. haha.
lungfish is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.31.2007, 10:13 AM   #24
mangajunky
expwy. to yr skull

mangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's asses
I'm totally addicted to the Death Note manga - I'm up to volume 7. I also love Vagabond which is about Miyamoto Musashi. My fave anime series are definitely Evangelion, Escaflowne, Paranoia Agent, and Gatchaman. And of course pretty much everything by Studio Ghibli is great.

Lungfish, if you ever want to see anime in the theater, send me a PM.

Don't let yer meat loaf.
mangajunky is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.31.2007, 10:30 AM   #25
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
anyone seen blood+?

i was watching it the other day and it looks fucking great, but for the most part i stick to older stuff.
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.31.2007, 10:34 AM   #26
lungfish
bad moon rising

lungfish kicks all y'all's asseslungfish kicks all y'all's asseslungfish kicks all y'all's asseslungfish kicks all y'all's asseslungfish kicks all y'all's asseslungfish kicks all y'all's asseslungfish kicks all y'all's asseslungfish kicks all y'all's asseslungfish kicks all y'all's asseslungfish kicks all y'all's asseslungfish kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by mangajunky
Lungfish, if you ever want to see anime in the theater, send me a PM.

no doubt. i'll be sure to hit you up.
lungfish is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.31.2007, 11:16 AM   #27
LittlePuppetBoy
expwy. to yr skull

LittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's assesLittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's assesLittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's assesLittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's assesLittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's assesLittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's assesLittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's assesLittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's assesLittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's assesLittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's assesLittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's asses
I liked the Cowboy Bebop movie. Interested in seeing Akira and some Hayao Miyazaki stuff.

LittlePuppetBoy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.31.2007, 05:03 PM   #28
HECKLER SPRAY
invito al cielo

HECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's asses
At the moment : Gantz
I 've already read Evangelion, Kenshin, Conan, Kyo, Crying Freeman, Goldenboy, and many old stuffs I don't remember...

HECKLER SPRAY is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.01.2007, 03:01 PM   #29
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
neon genesis evangelion is the greatest anime series ever. just.. startling.

obviously, i like all the ones everyone lists.. flcl, bebop, akira, excel saga, paranoia agent, ghost in the shell, perfect blue... obvious ones. pretty much anything released by manga entertainment is worthy...

adult swim is surprisingly adept at picking good anime to show (which is interesting when you consider all the shitty comedies that last 5 or 6 episodes that they constantly churn out and their fans pretend to like).

if you like flcl, check out dead leaves. it's even CRAZIER.

another crazy show.. i forget the name of it.. something something school.. damn what's the name..

www.tv-links.co.uk has a ton of anime to watch (including blood+ .......... and SAMURAI PIZZA CATS!!!!!!!!!!!!)...

oh and i may be the only one, but i love super milk chan.

EDIT: i replied to this thread before i read umjammer atomsk's post.. CROMARTIE HIGH is the show i was thinking of.. i watched a fansubbed version of it when it was called [something something] cromartie high school and loved it. Also surprised to see someone else who's seen Dead Leaves. And is your name a reference to um jammer lammy? ... I feel like a dork. I'm going to c check out the series you suggested that I haven't seen.. also, the pillows - last dinosaur is such a great song, and i did a cover of ride on shooting star a long time ago..

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.01.2007, 08:21 PM   #30
LifeDistortion
expwy. to yr skull

LifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's asses
I have intentions to see "Paprika", probobly some time next week. Perhaps if it does well in limited release it will get a wider release, could "Paprika" be the film that re-animates the Japanimation market here in America?! There hasn't been Anime film exposed to the U.S. crowd this much hyped since the first "Ghost in the Shell". over ten years ago.
LifeDistortion is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.01.2007, 10:29 PM   #31
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
......... and SAMURAI PIZZA CATS!!!!!!!!!!!!)...

fuck yes, i was singing the theme song (translated to spanish here) the other day!!!
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth