Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page What do you think of the following non-mainstream science things?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10.26.2007, 10:09 AM   #21
girlgun
invito al cielo

girlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by floatingslowly
el chupacabras are totally sweet (sweet like ninjas).

they like to flip out and kill goats (just like ninjas).

I love el chupacabra with every part of my body (including my pee pee).

that said, I think that ninjas are totally some made up bullshit (to take the heat off of el chupacabra).

haha. ahhhhh.
girlgun is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.26.2007, 10:11 AM   #22
Savage Clone
invito al cielo

Savage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
I love el chupacabra with every part of my body (including my pee pee).

You call me a deviant, and yet you say this in relation to a creature known as a goatsucker?

For a robot, your logic is highly suspect.
Savage Clone is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.26.2007, 10:12 AM   #23
tesla69
Banned

tesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's asses
re yeti - Philip K Dick used to talk about intelligent earth beings that evolved to not be able to be perceived by humans.

very strange book by exUS Air Force Thomas Bearden Excalibur Briefing described these as "tulpoidal' beings - can be brought into this awareness with various "psychotronic" procedures...
tesla69 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.26.2007, 10:14 AM   #24
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bytor Peltor
Don't forget about Planet X. I've heard some interesting discussion about this mysterious planet, but I don't know enough to lean one way or another. Back when I was in Jr. High, they were teaching us that Saturn had seven rings. Due to advances in technology, I guess we can now possibly see a planet we didn't know existed. Comet Hale-Bopp sure caught everyone by surprise back in 97.

planet X is one of those un-provavble hypothesis that cannot be test4ed or disproved, therefor e it is BULLSHIT.

the whole hoax posits that there is a planet, planet X, that lies at the exact opposite of earth's orbit around the sun, so that we never see it, it never affects us, and it is always hiding behind the sun.

stupid stupid pseudoscience
Old 10.26.2007, 10:27 AM   #25
mangajunky
expwy. to yr skull

mangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's asses
Expanding Earth Theory:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Expanding_earth_theory

I started reading about this one when one of my fave comic artists, Neal Adams started pushing it.

http://www.nealadams.com/nmu.html

Don't let yer meat loaf.
mangajunky is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.26.2007, 10:44 AM   #26
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
planet X is one of those un-provavble hypothesis that cannot be test4ed or disproved, therefor e it is BULLSHIT.

the whole hoax posits that there is a planet, planet X, that lies at the exact opposite of earth's orbit around the sun, so that we never see it, it never affects us, and it is always hiding behind the sun.

stupid stupid pseudoscience

the idea of Planet X was born of solid math (discrepancies in the orbits of the outer planets).

and is it such "stupid stupid pseudoscience" if it led to the discovery of Neptune, Pluto, and Eris?

interestingly, Neptune was discovered almost simultaneously by two mathematicians seaching to solve the problem of the calculated vs. observed orbits of the known solar system.

after Neptune, there were still problems with the math. that's when Percival Lowell (founder of the Lowell Observatory where Pluto was discovered) came up with the idea of Planet X.

it might not be "true", and it might be pushing the envelope of what is and what was acceptable science, but I hardly think it's stupid.
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.26.2007, 10:46 AM   #27
ALIEN ANAL
invito al cielo

ALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's asses
i think fox!
Old 10.26.2007, 11:14 AM   #28
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
the idea of Planet X was born of solid math (discrepancies in the orbits of the outer planets).

and is it such "stupid stupid pseudoscience" if it led to the discovery of Neptune, Pluto, and Eris?

interestingly, Neptune was discovered almost simultaneously by two mathematicians seaching to solve the problem of the calculated vs. observed orbits of the known solar system.

after Neptune, there were still problems with the math. that's when Percival Lowell (founder of the Lowell Observatory where Pluto was discovered) came up with the idea of Planet X.

it might not be "true", and it might be pushing the envelope of what is and what was acceptable science, but I hardly think it's stupid.

dude, it is stupid. the outer planets were discovered by perceived aberrations in the planet's orbits, which, when put through newton's mathematics, showed where the planet should be based on gravitational fluxes. planet X has nothing of that sort going in it's postulate. it is a completely un-testable makebelieve.
Old 10.26.2007, 11:46 AM   #29
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
but those planets were discovered in the pursuit of Planet X!

the ends justify the means.

at that time, there was no concept of the gravitational effect of the Oort Cloud or the Kuiper Belt.

the theory that there was some unknown "X" to be the cause, drove people to discover the truth. THAT is where it's scientific value lies.

and again, the first major proponents of this theory were not quacks (I'm not talking about the current belief in Planet X / Nemesis / epoch ending body / etc etc).

John BIGBALLS Couch Adams.
Urbain Le Verrier (he's french and has no manly nickname).
Percival MotherFuckin' Lowell.

NOT QUACKS!
Old 10.26.2007, 11:52 AM   #30
SynthethicalY
invito al cielo

SynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's asses
I believe in the bigges pseudoscience, that is Jesus.
SynthethicalY is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.26.2007, 11:53 AM   #31
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SynthethicalY
I believe in the bigges pseudoscience, that is Jesus.

He prefers to be called Jesus FOOTLONG Christ.

please be courteous.
Old 10.26.2007, 04:15 PM   #32
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

the current Planet X mythology is what I rail against, not the previous use of the term "planet x" to describe what could be outside of neptune's orbit, which turned out to be Uranus then Pluto.
Old 10.26.2007, 05:06 PM   #33
SpectralJulianIsNotDead
invito al cielo

SpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's asses
Rob:

Yonaguni Monument is an underwater thing that looks like a manmade monument off of an island coast in southern Japan that hasn't been above sealevel for 8,000 years.

Some scientists say that it just looks manmade and is all naturally formed, some say that it is mostly naturally formed and partially manformed, some say it is a man-made monument. People think it is possibly Atlantis or Mu.

Here's a picture:

SpectralJulianIsNotDead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.26.2007, 06:01 PM   #34
Tokolosh
invito al cielo

Tokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's asses
It's highly probable that life exists elsewhere in the universe,
but it hasn't reached us yet, and probably never will.

The rest are all B-movies.
Tokolosh is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.26.2007, 06:26 PM   #35
SpectralJulianIsNotDead
invito al cielo

SpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's asses
I think it is kind of odd to assume that all the life out in the universe is less advanced than us.

There are probably alien races out there much more advanced than us, maybe some resistant to cosmic radiation.

And there is also the chance that Einstein was wrong about not being able to travel faster than the speed of light.

If there is intelligent life in our galaxy, maybe they'll send colonists here or researchers here.

We'll try to colonize other star systems eventually, probably in the next few hundred years. I expect withing the next 300-400 years for us to start colonizing the solar system, and after that to start exploring past it.
SpectralJulianIsNotDead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.26.2007, 07:24 PM   #36
LittlePuppetBoy
expwy. to yr skull

LittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's assesLittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's assesLittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's assesLittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's assesLittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's assesLittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's assesLittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's assesLittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's assesLittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's assesLittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's assesLittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's asses
Despite the fact it isn't real, stuff like chupacabra is interesting to read about.

LittlePuppetBoy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.26.2007, 07:29 PM   #37
Danny Himself
invito al cielo

Danny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by mangajunky
Expanding Earth Theory:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Expanding_earth_theory

I started reading about this one when one of my fave comic artists, Neal Adams started pushing it.

http://www.nealadams.com/nmu.html

I saw that presentation on youtube, I think. I had always assumed thats how the world worked and scientists agreed.. but I guess not.
Danny Himself is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.26.2007, 11:00 PM   #38
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

i love reading about all this stuff
Old 10.26.2007, 11:45 PM   #39
ZEROpumpkins
invito al cielo

ZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard sucka
It is indeed interesting

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth