Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page sonic youth shirts being sold in urban outfitters, AGAIN
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05.06.2008, 04:11 PM   #21
jon boy
invito al cielo

jon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWRA
and The Cramps t-shirts. Though I quite like those red-and-black Goo ones that I'm always seeing.

yeh that blue rinse shop has a lot to answer for.

|@ <------- Euphoric brain cell just moments before expiration
V

_ \ / _
PING <-------- moments later
/ \

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljhxq...isruo1_500.gif

jon boy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.06.2008, 04:13 PM   #22
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by jon boy
we had a candle, thats all. if it got really cold sometimes we would light it.

Eckers lad, where were you born, Buckingham palace? I didn't see a candle till I was four and twenty year, and here's you looking at your la-dee-da candles in your ivory towers. We'd be lucky if father stopped standing on our necks in the mud in the shitting rain for eight and forty hours a day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.06.2008, 04:16 PM   #23
jon boy
invito al cielo

jon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's asses
i did have to wrestle a tb riddled badger for it mind.

V

_ \ / _
/ \

Old 05.06.2008, 05:06 PM   #24
dazedcola
the end of the ugly

dazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Fan of the music? Then buy the tee! Otherwise just buy the soft cotton tee anyway and add a touch of rebellion to your look.

Ill meet ya on the next one
And dont be late "
-Jimi Hendrix

...And me just another dream theory, lost inside your eye

"when my mind's uncertain my body decides
what it will do to get through the hell of the night
as I trip on the ocean that leads through your eyes
well my eyes can't wait til they finally see through you"
dazedcola is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.06.2008, 05:29 PM   #25
Danny Himself
invito al cielo

Danny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by cryptowonderdruginvogue
Who cares if Urban Outfitters sells Sonic Youth tshirts?
I don't understand why it's such a big deal

Well, I've never been too happy about people sporting t-shirts that feature something they know nothing about. The kind of trendy people who would buy this shirt to look 'rebellious' are the same kind of people who would run screaming from a Sonic Youth noisefest. They're only wearing the tee to be trendy and hip, and that's the height of repugnance for me.

The same goes for people who walk around sporting Soviet Union logos on their clothes, shamelessly ignorant of the countless atrocities and war crimes committed by Soviet troops. I don't care how romantic and 'cool' the Soviet Union may seem, it's evil, and Kasabian are shit.
Danny Himself is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.06.2008, 05:44 PM   #26
MellySingsDoom
invito al cielo

MellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glice
Eckers lad, where were you born, Buckingham palace? I didn't see a candle till I was four and twenty year, and here's you looking at your la-dee-da candles in your ivory towers. We'd be lucky if father stopped standing on our necks in the mud in the shitting rain for eight and forty hours a day.

You were lucky you had rain. Our father piledrived us into the cold hard ground, and then had badgers chew on our extremetries. Eeh, them were the days.
Old 05.06.2008, 05:46 PM   #27
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Himself
Well, I've never been too happy about people sporting t-shirts that feature something they know nothing about. The kind of trendy people who would buy this shirt to look 'rebellious' are the same kind of people who would run screaming from a Sonic Youth noisefest. They're only wearing the tee to be trendy and hip, and that's the height of repugnance for me.

so much righteous indignation wasted on such trivial shit.

you need to find yourself what's known as a worthy cause.

Quote:
The same goes for people who walk around sporting Soviet Union logos on their clothes, shamelessly ignorant of the countless atrocities and war crimes committed by Soviet troops. I don't care how romantic and 'cool' the Soviet Union may seem, it's evil, and Kasabian are shit.

meh, every nation on earth is guilty of war crimes. the u.s. exterminated native americans (by gun and by biological warfare), bombed the fuck out of laos and vietnam, burned a good chunk of panama city, invented the concentration camp to deal with a rebellious filipino population, nuked 2 japanese cities, installed and supported bloody dictatorships all over latin america, conducted medical experiments on its own citizens, invaded iraq, dropped daisy cutters in afghanistan, sprays herbicides on the amazon jungle, and is ready to "obliterate iran". among many, many other things too long to enumerate.

and still, people are going to wear clothes such as this:

show me your logo of choice and i can tie it to any number of atrocities.

and besides, there is no such thing as a "soviet union logo".

the hammer and sickle is a communist symbol.

----

ps:
http://communistbeer.ytmnd.com/
^^^ heee heee hee -- wtf??
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.06.2008, 06:03 PM   #28
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
and so that i don't single out, what about the british flag?

let's keep it short-- i'll send you to the corresponding link:

http://books.guardian.co.uk/comment/...674478,00.html

enyoy.
Old 05.06.2008, 06:13 PM   #29
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

well if you want to be fernickity you probably can't even buy a t-shirt that hasn't doesn't consist of the blood and sweat of small asian children
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.07.2008, 03:47 AM   #30
jon boy
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toilet & Bowels
well if you want to be fernickity you probably can't even buy a t-shirt that hasn't doesn't consist of the blood and sweat of small asian children

i insist on it.

V

_ \ / _
/ \

Old 05.07.2008, 03:59 AM   #31
pbradley
invito al cielo

pbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's asses
Eh, like all things fashion is just surface value. Sport an SY shirt and not know/care about the band and I'll find out. Sport an SY shirt and know your shit and I'll find out. Asking questions is the bomb.
pbradley is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.07.2008, 11:36 AM   #32
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
I think there's a small point to be made that'll probably get lost to a lot of people - the designs of SY tees are usually pretty stylish. The fact is that people who are inclined towards 'fashionable t-shirts' (in a very high street fashion sense) are likely to be inclined towards a SY t-shirt based on design alone; it's unlikely a more popular band (Supergrass or somesuch) would have the same (design) clout.

It's like the Moterhead tees - it's an awesome design, and if people pick up on the design rather than what the design signifies, then that's a kudos point to the design, surely?

Quote:
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Old 05.07.2008, 11:38 AM   #33
Glice
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MellySingsDoom
You were lucky you had rain. Our father piledrived us into the cold hard ground, and then had badgers chew on our extremetries. Eeh, them were the days.

Extremities? There were a thalidomide kid in our class who we'd call 'Johnny long-limbs'. You don't know you're born, sonny.

Quote:
Old 05.08.2008, 03:00 PM   #34
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

shit.

A friend of mine of obsessed (and I mean obsessed) with Bruce bloody Springsteen. So one day we were in Manchester and we say a guy wearing a a t shirt that had Springsteen's face and it saying "The Boss". So me friend walks over and says "Wow, so you like Springsteen?"
"What?"
"The T-shirt...it's of Bruce Springsteen"
*looks at t-shirt "...aahh for fucks sake"

He then proceeded to storm off. I laughed, the friend died.

And the moral of the story is you're gay if you wear a t-shirt of a guy saying 'The Boss'.

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.08.2008, 03:04 PM   #35
✌➬
invito al cielo

✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses
Who cares, I live in L.A. we are too superficial to even be bothered by causes.
Old 05.08.2008, 03:14 PM   #36
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ✌➬
Who cares, I live in L.A. we are too superficial to even be bothered by causes.
ha ha-- i can see by your signature
Old 05.08.2008, 03:16 PM   #37
✌➬
invito al cielo

✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses
Obama is trendy.
Old 05.08.2008, 03:17 PM   #38
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ✌➬
Obama is trendy.

that's so 4 months ago
Old 05.08.2008, 03:17 PM   #39
screamingskull
invito al cielo

screamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's asses
read his book! don't support him because he is trendy!
screamingskull is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.08.2008, 03:19 PM   #40
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

PAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's asses
fuck em if they want to spend extortionate amount of money on sy shirts in urban outfitters or topshop, so fucking what... its not like my lady white trousers with obvious thong is gonna listen to the silver sessions and jam out with some smoke whilst blasting through the syr series... the further she is ever gonna get to sonic youth is if she happens to see coldplay perform, in wembley, with tina turner as a mic stand... fuck em... fuck em all to hell......

next time i want to see the afforementioned miss white trousers sporting a glittery fuck buttons teeshirt whilst drinkingg campari or whatever is the kool drink at a kate nash concert and thinking she is "wit it" cause she saw em in nme once, at a train station... she didnt buy the nme, just read it at at the shelf..... thats so fucking annoying, standing there trying to reach your favourite mag and someone is gazing and thumbing through the daily bullshit gatherer and wont move.. FUCKING RUDE AND IGNORANT!!! aslo whilst im on a roll, why does my car magazine (autosport- the finest weekly motorsport mag ever) always, ALWAYS get filed on the shelf beside nuts, fhm, twang, big dick weekly, etc etc... im not a lad that likes women, im a grown man that likes motorsport and thats it... well i do like women... but you get my drift...

...anyway, what was i saying.......

oh yeah, urban outfitters selling sy shirts........ so what! only a fool would pay that much for an sy shirt.... now if tyhey stiocked the dissappearer shirt.... i may consider it cuz that is an awesome shirt and long out of print..... but it would need to have that grey faded worn look, not a brand new black......

sorry, im off now!

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth